• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<setting down can of spray foam..>
Kraig-
I was there. I didn't knock on the door though, so you'd better go check your cub when you get home from work tonight!
happy.gif

Kmcconaughey,
Is there a hydro fluid tank needed for this rear pump setup? Where do you get fluid volume?

Art, I'll set out a can of carb cleaner for you tonight. :eek:)

Rich, I believe that Craig De Long just added a little extra Hy-Tran to the hydro rear end.

Rich- I believe he used the cub rearend as the fluid reservoir, same as like I did on the 1408PS.

I think he used the top plate, I drilled & tapped two ports in the side of the gear drive tranny. If I did it again, I would use the vacant hydro pickup tube hole for on a gear jammer.

Steve S. On your question about the replacement of the cork gasket between the hydro and the rear end with a substitute you were probably refering to what I was talking about doing some time ago.

I never liked the cork so decided to go with NEOPREME. I have been using it for some time and like the results. I buy it from an Auto parts dealer near me. It comes on rolls about 2 feet wide and I can get it in 1/16 th inch and 1/8 th inch thickness and buy it by the pound. It is used by ranchers and farmers to make gaskets for implements so it needs to stand up to different oils. You can probably get it at a Implement dealer or Parts house that supplies Implement dealers.

I use a cork gasket for a pattern and cut out a gasket from 1/16 th inch NEOPREME for the hydro gasket. Here is a picture of a typical cork gasket that has broken down and a NEOPREME gasket I replaced it with. You can cut the NEOREME gasket slightly larger on the outside diameter.

13363.jpg

I also make the rear gasket out of NEOPREME so I can reuse it after hydro changes. I use 1/8 inch material for that and a standard gasket for a pattern.

13364.jpg

You can make the rear plate gasket slightly larger on the inside just to make it stronger.

13365.jpg

When I torque the rear gasket I only torque it to 50 inch pounds and it holds good.

13366.jpg

I have used this on several Quietlines and one 82 series and have had no problems.

Kraig, I was hoping for more pictures of the crowd at PD. He and his brother were there taking pics with a camcorder (or camera that looked like one). That was probably stolen also ;-)

Randy T: Sharp paint job! Be sure to show it when the decals are on.

Richard C.: nice lesson on gaskets. Thanks for the post

Dave R: Thanks for the offer of getting more pics of the corn header. Please don't go out of your way for this. While I'd eventually like to get a hobby farm going, a guy from my church offered to loan me his combine if I need it in the future. That means I need less equipment to get started. Still, anything I can learn would be good. So if your in the neighborhood, please take a few pics but I'm not in any kind of a hurry.

Daniel C: Always a GOOD THING to find out who the fellow Hoosiers are. . .Need more guys in Northern Ind. Might need some help plowing 10 acres some day. . .

Travis: In the immortal words of Everet Dirksen, "Don't get mad, get even." That said, you should somehow mention to this guy that you saw a few cubs/engines/etc. (whatever trips his switch) ripe for the picking in Chicago. Somewhere near 4oth and State. Mention that he should go at night. . . .
devil2.gif

All: Just got an e-mail from the Gov. He went home sick today. Somethin' about too many Crispy Creams on the train comin' in this morning. . . .
rolleyes.gif

Richard C. -

Ya forgot to sign your bottom picture
lol.gif

The "non cork" hydro gasket makes a LOT of sense if one is going to overfill their tranny. Remember, that gasket was NEVER meant to sit in a bath of HyTran and it will leak.

Ray-
It looks like "the gov" wasn't headed home to the sickbed afterall. Maybe he was just tryin' to dodge a lunch-date with you?
happy.gif

On another note, I don't know about the rest of you, I could look at pictures of Richard's cubs all day long! Everything's always so clean you could eat off it! <font size="-2">Not to mention the labels work well to "jog" the memory when I get to that same project years down the road!</font>

Jerry, I have bought engine parts thru Casper a couple times. I got good service and no problems.

Art -

No, they sent me home yesterday, said I sounded like s**t! I'm staying home today. Hell, might as well use the sick days...

Jerry B,
If you want to know who your dealing with, email him! If you don't want to email him, get his CONTACT INFO and call him, simple as dirt! ;-)

Sheriff just called again. Sounds like they found nearly everything, and enough to nail 3 guys for doing it.

BTW, last night is the first time I've ever locked my door, or slept with a gun. Guess I thought we were a little safer than that :-(

Steve S,....... Having the day off from work today because of rain here in the great northeast, I was looking thru the posts and saw that you had questions about my hyd set-up. I replaced the cover on the rear because it was too thin to support the pump brackets and the filter/pick-up tube which extends into the rear. The housing makes a perfect tank for the hydraulics because of the volume of oil it holds. I did add a little extra though for good measure. Made this set-up over a year ago and it has worked perfect ever since. The only space lost is the compartment under the seat on my 147.
Craig DeLong
13368.jpg

Travis-
So we can now refer to them as the "3 Stooges". .

Glad to hear the PD is staying on this. . .of course after you helped the FD out so much, they are probably hoping you will invite them to be the beneficiary of the next Plow Day!

Travis,
Here's a few of my best people shots:
13429.jpg

13430.jpg

13431.jpg

13432.jpg

If you'd like high-res versions of any of these, let me know and I'll send them your way.

Sorry to hear that even rural Iowa has scum-suckin' geeks...

Craig DeLong-

Can you provide some details on that pump?

Travis -

Yeah, with targets on the appropriate persons...

It's everywhere, man...

Back