• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does TA stand for? Thanks

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Travis. I hope you get everything back.

Paul Bell,

FWI - more on transaxle color. I have been told that red was used on all x82s with the C.I. rear end regardless of whether it was IH or MTD built, and black was used when MTD went to aluminum. I have 2 MTD built x82s and both have red C.I. rear ends although I am not the original owner so they could have been repainted. They both have red aluminum axle housings.

Jim

Travis, that is awful. Two weeks ago, I had my air compressor sitting outside to do some work. I went inside for lunch, came back out, and the damn thing was gone???? I was hot with an air compressor, I can't imagine how you feel. My brother is the Prosecuting Attorney here in the county I live in, and we've been over what "punishment" is- and what it should be. I wonder what they will give this guy who hawked your stuff? If I were you, I would put a NICE pricetag on everything. Just enough to make it at least GRAND LARSON.

Ray L.,
The red pin south of T.H., IN is probably me. I'm located in Daviess County.

Todd M., I'll see what I can find on SB's hydraulic setup.

Randy T., very very nice!!!! Good to hear that the US Postal Service did a good job.

Travis, should we look for the guys name and photo in the Wanted section of the forum?

If anyone wants or needs to read about TA, let me know I'll email a bit of info to you. It's five files, total of 1.64MB in size.

First of all, Travis, sorry to hear about your problems, hope they string em up like that TK and WN song says . . . We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces . . .

Thanks to Kraig and Todd for posting about the hydro lift conversion. I'll try to pick up a valve and see where I can go from there. I don't have that much experience with hydraulics but I guess there is no time like the present to learn.

Todd - yes, please post those pics when you have them, I'm told they're worth 1000 words.

Steve S.

Fortunately, the pediatrician doesn't require shots for yellow fever. Jack turned 11 months old last week, and seems itching to go:

13356.jpg

Steve S., here are some more narrow frame hydraulic lift mods. This one done by Craig De Long if I recall correctly.
13358.jpg

13359.jpg

13360.jpg

13361.jpg

Todd, I'm still looking for SB's dual spool mod.......

Randy T., I forgot to mention that I like the name of your custom Cub. Are you going to have decals made or are you going to paint it on?

......I also found two more files on the TA..........

Hey Art, I was up until 2:00 am capturing PDV6 video on the PC, you never showed up to degrease my #2 125. Should I leave the Cub and degreaser out again tonight? :eek:p

Kraig, looks like that one was done with the stock hydro trans with a pump driven off the small shaft that comes out the back, am I correct? I'd like to try and do this without being too intrusive to the factory appearance of the machine. I'm hoping that there might be a way to do it where I can run the lines inside the frame and put the lift control off the side similar to the 1x9 style. We'll see, heck, I still need to finish my loader project but this is something that I've been thinking about. More urgently I need to change that gasket between the rear and the hydro trans on that machine.

Steve S.

Steve S., yep, Craig just powered a hyd. pump off of the rear shaft of the hydro. Food for thought.

Travis, thanks for the update, hopefully the stuff is in good condition.

Would anyone here know who "casper 549" is that sells Ebay parts. Prices seem great but would like to know who I am dealing with.
Sure do get tired of getting out bid in the last two min. of an auction by the predictable .50cents!

Latest posts

Back