• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Travis, bummer, I sure hope they find the crook(s)! Any damage to the 982 and/or Original?

Myron, thanks for the offer. :eek:)

Steve S., Matthew Manuel from Texas did a conversion like that, he also widened the frame to accept a 14hp, something you won't need to do to your 147. Here are some photos.
13338.jpg

13339.jpg

Has anyone heard from Matthew M. recently?

Travis sorry to hear that ...hope you get all the cubs and parts back...got a short piece of rope and a tall oak in your backyard?

Travis - Man, I hate to hear it when things like that happen. Hope you get everything back. Since the Sheriff has the 982 "in custody", it shouldn't take much to also get the theif in custody. From that point, you should hopefully be able to loacate the rest of the stuff. Keep us posted. Gadget

Kraig,
I had mail today. THANK YOU. Lots of good info and Pics.

Travis ,
I hope you get it all back and in good condition.

Been working on this, a 100 in red with a 16hp. Going to name it the "Furrow Maker"
13341.jpg

Would like to know if anybody recognizes the bearing Don V. posted a picture of a few post back. I have been through somany bearing catalogs, I have lost count. Cannot find where it comes from. It apepared in a bunch of stuff I had, origin unknown and fit the hub perfectly. The inner self aligning bronze bushing also fit the drive shaft perfectly.

The fix for the 1200 has worked for a year now and I just replaced the engine with a rebuilt so I will see how much longer it lasts. Dose not crack likt the original drive plate does.

Any help wil be appreciated.

Travis... That is a Bummer BIG TIME. I definitely hope the items are returned in good shape. I learned one thing from a couple of years ago when a person broke into my daughter's apartment and stole some of her sutff (my laptop that I loaned her was one of the items). My daughter had to keep on the police department to get HER items back and as expected my laptop never has worked right since. When she and her fiance picked it up some of the components mysteriously turned up missing that were present when she identified it at the station. Sure hope this doesn't happen to you.

Ray Leo, Thats the only one I took. Want me to see if I can track down the guy, Nothing I saw there was from very far away.
Travis, Bummer, hope you get it all back.

I think we need to help Travis track down the guy/guys and take them for a drag around the field with the 982 and a few of us keeping close behind.

Hope all works out for you Travis. Major bummer.

Randy,
Way Cool!!
baldguy.gif

Craig E...A 18HP command will fit in your tractor. I have a similar one in mine......

Randy T,
That is sharp. Looks like you're doing a great job. Did you have somebody make the seat cover?

Randy-
<font size="+2">VERY NICE</font>
I'm working on mine but I might have bitten off too many projects to add onto it, I may have to drop my TA work and just finish it.

Sometime I need to go to Kaukauna and find my W-I-D-E round fenders. They're not Mustang parts so they should be safe where they are
happy.gif

(Message edited by wcompton on October 28, 2003)

Hell, I got his phone number!!

(Message edited by tschweizer on October 28, 2003)

Not to sound like a comercial for Salsa, but...

<font size="+2">Get a rope!!!!!</font>

I had the same thing happen to me. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...

Uh, Travis, I was sore about having to leave PD6, but I wasn't so sore that I'd steal all your sh*t! So, put my phone number away already.

Seriously, I hope you get your stuff back and I hope the culprit chooses death by bunga-bunga in the big house. For those of you younger folks out there, like my 'son' Ryan, you may not have heard the joke that goes with that punch line.

Gotta go file off some serial numbers......

Travis-
I wonder if we should have a 59M DAY over at the guys place?

turn one of the "three S's" into shred
devil2.gif

Travis- Good luck in getting your stuff back. Didn't the guy know he could have just bought the stuff from you??! I hate to hear of stuff like that happening.

Nick, the funny part is that he wanted to. He just didn't have the money. He STOLE the stuff he was asking me about buying!! Didn't take long to figure out who did it ;-) Along with a 13 fin 16hp engine, a 14hp engine, a 18hp Magnum, a new set of 26X12-12 Titans, a Johnson loader in pieces, a set of front hydraulics, wheels/tires, etc. They hooked the 982 to a hayrack, filled the hayrack, then pulled it down the road to their truck.

Randy, I like that RED 100! Good going!

Travis, Boy, you never know what will happen do you! Sorry about that!
sad.gif

Latest posts

Back