• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Gerry, you nailed it about feeling useless, I'll add helpless to the list as well.
sad.gif

Charlie, when you get back on here please let us know what we can do to help out.

Kraig
I`am no help over here and would lend a hand at what ever Charlie ask .But the fire he had leaves lots of questions for me.I bought all my parts from Charlie and wonder if he lost all his Cub parts in the fire ?
1a_scratchhead.gif
Will he be restocking them ? what will this do for or to our hobby ? So many questions . I sure hope Charlie has a minute soon to fill us in as to what his plans are now. I think we could all us an update .

As a wise man once said, "it's just a freakin' garden tractor."

Let the man and his wife put their lives back together before selfishly begging for a parts supply...

I went back and looked at the picture that had been posted after the fire. It stated that Moose-r-us and their HOME had been lost in the fire. As I recall Charlies wifes family lived in the greater area, so maybe they have taken up shelter at their place. Its gonna be a while for them to get their minds together again, and figure what or when to rebuild.

Amen Bryan...as a Firefighter...the dragon is not is not mindful of what it destroys or who it seeks out,thats a great loss and the greiving is just started. Ive seen it first hand..so give Charlie his space and let him deal with whats at hand so they can move forward and take care of things!!!!!

Charlie, so sorry for your loss...
glad you are all ok....
..we'll keep you in our prayers...
Darryl

Paul Bell - In April you told me how to modify the driveshaft on a 149 hydro into a narrowline set-up to stop the pin breaking problem.
I can't find that post now and was hoping you could tell me again.
Thanks,
Len Stanga

Len, I found this:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Paul Bell (Pbell) on Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 10:19 am:

Len
Look at the top of this page and click on Cub Cadet parts look up, then click:
Find parts by model'
then Garden tractors,
then 1250, or 1450, or 1650,
then Trans Case, Dif, Hydro Drive & related parts. While you are there look around some of the other links and you can find what you need. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Thanks Guys. I did find this in one of my files. I must have saved it. Looks like I only need three parts, plus spring pins, plus nuts and bolts... and drill a 1/4 hole through the shaft. Sound right?

"Len S
Convert it to what was used on the Quiet Line models. Replace your hub and pin with the Arm, Coupling; Disc, Flexible Coupling; and Flange, Driveshaft. These are items 2,3,4 on a hydro Quietline parts breakdown, and the last one I did the parts were cheaper than the pin and coupling for your 149. The flange comes with or without the bronze bushing (you need it) and it WAS cheaper to buy it one way than the other. I think it is cheaper to buy it with the bushing installed than to buy the flange and the bushing, but I don't remember. You will also have to drill a new hole in the driveshaft for the pin in the coupling arm. This will end the hub and pin wear problems."

Charlie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Charlie- So sad to see such a loss. If you need anything give me a shout and I will try to help.

Wow! a house fire, never good. BTDT
Jan 1987.
Family is first, Charlie, other things just aren't as important.
Good luck, be waiting to hear from you.

This is a horrible tragedy our families heart goes out to you both. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and the wife. We will all be looking forward to your return. Bless you both!

Brian, Tammie and the girls.

I know they are devastated right now, but is there any way someone could get in contact with Charlie and find out how we could help them? I live a long way off, but wish there were something I could do, someway, somehow.

Does anyone know how or want to setup a PayPal account for donations? I know it takes alot of time for insurance $ to kick in and $1000 between the more than 10,000 users of this site would go along way for groceries and expenses.

Just a thought, I can look into it but someone else may have more experience with something like that.

We all got the feeling of a blackout of our favorite site not to long ago. Let's show Charlie how much we really do care for him.

Biggest thing Charlie would probably appreciate here is starting a thread in the sandbox for this discussion.......

I didn't see an "Attachments" section on the forum so Ill ask it here.
Snow Plow. Is this Vertical shaft supposed to be welded to the Triangle shaped Tilt piece?
As I started to look at disassembly to clean and paint I loosened the Springs and as I made the Plow tilt forward, the Tilt piece jumped out of it's place on the Plow. Under these conditions, I could never unlock the plow and have the tension springs do their job. My guess is that 3/4" vertical bar should have been welded to te Tilt Triagnle . The nut undernieth would keep everything together.
264224.jpg

Tony, Go to Manuals section, then " Blades & Plows" to 1st column on left there, Down to 42 & 54 Blade Operators manual page 4...
Shift.gif

Back