• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Don-
I run 100lbs of wheel-weights on each wheel and chains on TURF tires. I have to run chains because my driveway is one long hill that is usually wind-blown and a sheet of ice. Judging by the pics I've seen of your yard, it looks rather flat, so you may be fine with AG tires and 100lbs a tire.

Steve-
Welcome to the forum. Your question is posted in the wrong section. You'll probably get better responses by posting in this section:
MTD Section

<font size="-2">...not to mention, Charlie gets kinda crabby when new guys post in the wrong area, so you don't want to poke the bear.</font>
clappy.gif

DONALD - If your not running chains, I'd start with 100# of wheel weights PLUS 200-300# hanging off the back of the tractor.

Couple yrs ago our first snow of the year was freezing rain then changed to about 4 inches of wet snow. Wife & I were in North Carolina for the day where it was a sunny 60 degrees, we didn't care about SNOW or ICE. SON got the Super H out with the narrow loader bucket and no chains. He couldn't even drive up the driveway let alone move any snow. This is with a seven thousand pound tractor. I got home, put the chains on, mounted the blade and pushed most of the snow up the driveway and across the road.

Lugged ag tires really don't work much better than turf tires on snow covered concrete or blacktop. I've heard of some people having good luck using some type of snow ATV tire on garden tractors without chains to push snow.

Sorry for the off topic tractor but these tires work GREAT in snow. Yes the tractor is 4wd but more often than not when I use it I have the snowblower lifting the front tires off the ground on my mom's paved driveway. No chains, no weights. It does great while clearing snow from the off driveway areas around the farm as well, though in those cases all 4 tires are pulling.

215358.jpg

215359.jpg

KRAIG - Those look like the tires I've seen mentioned.

Denny, I suppose I should record what brand/style they are...

If I ever get the time and money to build the Cub Cadet based utility vehicle I have in mind I'd seriously consider those tires for it.

shhh.gif
Top secret spy sketch of the concept:

215361.jpg

Harry - I have the tail lights but I am missing part of the harness. The lack of hydrualic lift is due to the fact that I used a 1250 chassis which had the manual lift with assist spring. The hydrualic lift is on my "to do" list, but in reality, it's WAY at the bottom.... The manual lift works just fine even with that heavy 55" deck!

Kraig,after seeing that drawing maybe I have a use for my parts 107. Stop putting things in my mind. I'm having enough tractor problems.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
I have been
1a_scratchhead.gif
about that also. a dump on a tractor would be slick. I would love to make a fiver dump trailer out of my 107. I like your ideas. I will see how 100 lbs a wheel with out weight will do, I can always add more weight to my three point and see if that helps. I just don`t want to scratch the new drive way up the first year
bash.gif

Thanks also Dennis Frisk
You always have great suggestions an I`am learning from you as we go. I have to look and see what some suitcase weights go for here $. I do now have 500 lbs of weights here now,but if I could get some weight hanging off the back it would work great also. I did plow about eight " of snow here the first year I bought my 149 with just the tru-powers on a ground drive and was doing great till I pushed the blade to far into the snow bank and could not get the Cub to back up.Using a snow blower I think there will be no banks there to get caught into..

Hope I didn`t poke the bear to hard
worthy.gif

Charlie Digger

(Ummmm!

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981. )

I do believe a 450 snow blower was an attachment for a 782 diesel
1a_scratchhead.gif
. But it is your form so I must
worthy.gif
say I should not cause issues with you.I thought it was alllright to post on attachments for prior to 1981 ? please advise and I will not post on the main form. Later Wilber (over)

DONALD - Using a snow blower/thrower which weighs more than just a blade actually increases your ability to get stuck. You're taking weight off the drive wheels if the blower/thrower is raised. You can really move snow around, put it in places where it doesn't need to be driven thru again.

It's really pretty easy to add weight to a CC. It just costs money.

Years ago when I lived in town all I had for snow removal equip. was the 72 & QS-36. I'd cleaned my drive and a neighbor or two's drive of about 6-8 inches of wet snow. Just after dark that night I hear a knock at the door. It's the newspaper delivery boy. He'd bit off more than he could handle shoveling driveways and had one long steep crushed rock drive left to do and wanted to "BORROW" My CC & blower. I informed him I don't LOAN things but I'd take a look at it and see if I thought it was something I would attempt. Well, it took me about an hour but I finally cleared that drive. First full width pass was slow, but after that I could take half a pass and really made the snow fly. I couldn't back up the slope at all, had to turn around at each end of the drive and drive UP the slope. Yes, I scattered some crushed rock that night. The rock was loose enough the chains really bit into the ground and dug holes.

That green thing has a posi rear?
clappy.gif
. Well how do I get out of this? I thought IH made a 782 with an attachment for a 450 snow blower?. I do know when to GIVE lol. I have a member ship here for awile (2005) but i`am still learning and i`am forgetting so much as I get older ( crs) . Thanks Charlie for setting me straight on this as I have no wish to be a pain in how and what I post where. That being said Thanks for your paitence
bottom.gif
.I love my cubs and do know a few things as I do reread a post or two from people who I have learned that do know these great tractors. Enuf groval lol. I stand corrected . Later Don T (wilber on my last shipping label)Thanks Charlie.

Don, only if I step on the red button on the left foot rest, I've never used the button...

I have given some thought to an air locker from a Jeep for my tractor. Did I see a 1999 psd in that last post?

Dennis F

It will be trail and error I think as to what weight I will need and what tires I will have to use. If I need Chaines I will install them, I gust hope I don`t have to on the new drive. The neibours think I`am rich because I paved the drive lol.The next inprovement here will be geo-thermal for my heat and cooling for the shop and house. I have been putting that off for some time. It is worth doing for someone like Charlie also as all you run is a pump and a compressor for power use.save big $$$ in the long run, I`am told 5 years and then payback.
old.gif

Don, 2000 Excursion with a V-10. My mother sold it in 2007 a few months after my father passed away.

Does anyone have a manual on how to mount windbreaker on a 123. Thank-you Lewis and Kraig it did fit better putting brackets under fenders.I'm trying to figure out where that one bracket goes and what holes to put it in on floorboards.

I just put a new clutch arm in my Cub Cadet 582 Special and a bit of time later it sounds like its rattling against the frame. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of why it would be rattling against the frame? I tightened all the bolts that seemed to be loose but it is still rattling.

Back