• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kraig, appreciate all your help. Anytime you want to start that UTV project I'll donate my 107.

Ok ,what is a good paint remover that I can use to remove paint on a Cub,I has to be good stuf that don`t hurt me or cause the dogs to get sick,becuse they will smell all over when left to walk around with us.Dang there is some smart guys on here and someone must have the cats A .I guess I can sand some more
thumbdown.gif

Don T,
I used electrolysis... for the rust, but dang, it took the paint off too!!
215402.jpg
215403.jpg

A barrel with the washing soda, battery charger, dip 1/2 at a time will have that paint and rust free in 2 days... no sweat or chemicals...

Scott Tanner... 149 showing signs of life!!!
I don`t have a big enuf bucket to do the parts that I want done.I wonder if the wife would notice our 24 foot round pool could have another use, wonder how much baking soda I would need
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

DONALD - Depending on what your trying to get paint off of, I've heard oven cleaner works well. Don't think I'd try it on fiberglass, just steel.

Ladies and Gentlemen-

I hate to say it but I'm having to part out a 125 (sorry Kraig). It's just tooooo far gone...a rust bucket for sure. I removed the engine today and got 8 of the 9 head bolts out but can't budge the one. And yall know where it is...right beside the exhaust. I don't want to break it and have tried lots of PB, heat and even pounded on the head with a brass hammer. It's more like heavy tapping, not pounding. I've tried two different 1/2" impact wrenches with no results. The bolt on the other side of the exhaust had a powder-like substance all the way down the threads. I've never seen that before.

It's a good block and can't see just letting it get rained on (no room in the barn for cripples) so the engine will go in a shed for now.

Any and all will be appreciated.....Wayne

OK-

I just went and tapped about five taps then put the impact on it and was half successful. I got the top half of the *%$#@ bolt out.

CRAP! Time to get the drill out and deal with a grade 8.

Any ideas now?

How about a small chunk of C4 or maybe some Thermite ??
dunno.gif

Maybe you will get fortunate now and some PB or other product will wick down there and loosen things.
groupwave.gif

Back