• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Boy, I could sure use a Pabst right about now - whatcha think, Charlie...
beerchug.gif
wink.gif

Say, while we're talkin about poor maintenance practices!
All this on one tractor that was supposed to have been well maintained!
43384.jpg

43385.jpg

43386.jpg

43387.jpg

43388.jpg

Hey Charlie,

The rearend in my 122 hasn't been serviced in ages. Are you guys flushing the case out with anything before refilling, any favorite gear lube ?

Thanks for the info, your pictures have inspired me to take a look at mine.

Brian B.
Persoanlly i get in there with my hands and drag out as much as I can. Spray it down with laquer thinner. Then I take a hudson sprayer with diesel fuel and spray things down really well and wipe it out with a clean shop rag, spray again with hytran, wipe it out one last time. Button it up, fill it up and take it for a spin.
Yea, it's a little over kill I've been told, BUT, I like to get it as clean as I can.
Of course with a gear drive, i spose it's not really that important to over clean.
biggrin.gif

Oh yea, don't forget to get yourself a new rear cover gasket before you start.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys. That is where I have then it just didn't seem right because the springs rub along side of the radiator. It scratching my precious paint! Oh well, I guess you got to make sacrafices. Thanks again for all the help. You guys sure have all the answers.

Looks like he changed batteries quite often.

Jerry H.
Actually there was a wiring problem that he didn't take time to fix and the battery would drain down overnight. So I figure he just popped it off when he got done using it, LOL

Looks like sunny and 56 degrees forecasted for plow day tomorrow. Woohoo! Hope we can plow. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of people there tomorrow. Time to go load the truck...
bouncy.gif

Charlie, if you look close at that hydro it looks like a Koala Bear........

43392.jpg

43393.jpg

Are there any spec charts that show either the axle RPM or the ground speed for a 1250 hydro at different engine RPM's. Thanks.

I see the bear, albiet the wrong kind.... Go Bearssss

Power washed the new 107 this afternoon... I wish there was a tunnel cover to remove..... 36 year of oil & grass... castrol super clean and the husky made short work of it... pics to come..

Out here at the farm we haven't had any rain all day (only 2 tenths yesterday)and the wind is blowing. It looks like it will be as good of conditions as we can hope for.

Forcast for tomorrow--60 degrees and sunny.

See you all tonight/tomorrow.

Big Steve, good to see you post. I sure wish I could come down that way and play but I have other obligations. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable time!

Allen, nope no Wild Turkey and 7 for me. Look again, it sure is obvious to me.
happy.gif

Hello: Just cahnged a 4 terminal Voltage Regulator on a CCO, and when trying to start it, it started to smoke (Electrically). Is there something that I need to do after changing a regulator, or did I goof up the cahnge out??? Thanks, Mark

Mark, did you replace it with another 4 terminal regulator?

43395.jpg

Kraig: Yes, another 4 terminal. Do I have to arc it out? The wire form the ground terminal toStarter Generator (The blue wire) started to melt. Mark

Back