• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished some changes to my website. Added a seperate page for Jobs Run, PA Pulling. Click on the puller icon and it will shoot you over to Jobs Run Pulling. We (my friend Jeff San George did most the work on these sites) added sound to the home page. If it works, it is a recording of my 107 at start-up. Also check the counter at the bottom of the pages. It's cool to see over 300 people interested in small tractors (especially cubs). www.geocities.com/richfwright

Art-

You may be on to something. . .

Kind of reminds me of the old trick when detecting vacuum leaks on cars, spraying carb cleaner in small shots around the base of the carb while the engine was running to see if the idle changed

Rdehli,
I'm glad you enjoy the photo site. That's what it's all about.
I see your 127 shown in your profile pic has the tell tail welded hood bolt holes, like my 107!

Rich still can't figure out why some people don't take care of things better ...bought the 127 for $ 100.00 got it home 2 weeks later it was running ...Now its a totally different tractor

Rdehli,
I paid $500 for my 107 with a 42" deck and a no-name push blade. It was rough. Previous owner hand painted it, close to the right yellow and white. He painted over all the labels and stickers. Including the engine tag. Sad part is, this guy runs a auto repair shop. I hope he treats his customers cars better than he treated this cub. I am slowly restoring it. It won't be a show machine though, I like to use it.

Rob D., I have about 2 hours and 10 minutes of video that I took, it's plenty. I have to figure out how to get that extra 10 minutes or so onto a DVD that will only hold 1 hour of high quality video. Detail's soon on purchasing the VHS and '2 DVD set' versions. I also have another hour and a half or so that was submitted by another attendee, don't know how or if I'll use it yet. It was recorded in 16:9 or "wide screen" mode on a hand held camcorder. It might best be used for "video capture" files. Info on Photo Collection CDs should also be released soon. It's no wonder I don't have time to degrease my Cub Cadets.

Art, I'll still be awake, BTW, I used up the expanding foam last night to seal behind the new corner trim and a few other places due to the residing project.

Rich W., thanks for the photos.

Kraig I heard that Duluth Mn got 4" of the white stuff yesturday and last night ...Did you get any ? { We are getting some sleet now }

(Message edited by rdehli on October 28, 2003)

No snow, just some sleet and rain. I'll take the rain for now but I'd like about 4" of snow on or around November 21st. :eek:)

Kraig: How 'bout some some clear skies, sunshine, just a slight breeze & about 80 degrees. Lots of Cub fun today....Come on down!!! Myron

OK, we have another pin from OK!

I put the link to the map at the top here...

Here are some hydro questions for ya'll . . .

Q1: My 147, I have a hydro pump and cyl for it (not installed yet) but when I was at PA PD II, someone said that I could put a 1x9 ported hydro trans on this machine to run the cyl instead of the pump setup, would this work? How hard would this be to plumb with the driveshaft and fan shroud?

Q2: The gasket between the Hydro and the axle is leaking again after it was replaced a few years ago. I was thinking of using ultra black RTV and possibly doubling up on gaskets. I know someone on here was testing out an alternative gasket material, what is it and does it work? I guess I would just like to know if anyone has any advice on a longer lasting repair for this.

Thanks in advance,

Steve S.

Frank, those are some serious weights.

Bryan, I like the map link (almost as much as the complaint form)

cjm

(Message edited by cmccarty on October 28, 2003)

Digger: Yeah, I checked with all the sponsors - no one sells a complete kit and I don't have the knowledge to spec one out for them. I just can't put $1800 into a new motor when I've got the skills and the tools to do the work myself. Besides, this is my Cub and I'm not going to just part it out.

MrGadget: I know you're right. How'd you know I needed a new seat? LOL

Rich: Thanks for the link. This 20 hp Commander is $500 less than the KT17S. If I think about it long enough, I'll be able to talk myself into it.

Question: I have heard that the 18hp Kohler Commander will fit the 782 and I've been told they can be had for $1050. Does anyone know if either or both of these comments are true???

Thanks.

Now that I'm thinking about it, my Cub has one other annoying habit (besides a bone-weary motor). The starter frequently disengages and squeals - or more accurately - SCREECHES like crazy. Does anyone know the cause & fix for this?

I got the news for the day!! Something happened last night that I thought would never happen here. My 982 got stolen along with a hayrack full of other Cub Cadet parts. Around half a dozen engines, new tires, an Original, etc. They found the 982 and the Original, but that's all so far.

Travis,

Local kids or someone who zeroed in on you from the website/forum??????

It was that goofball that kept calling my house, and my wife told him off. Guess it made him mad. Sheriff has the 982 in custody. I hope it is still intact.

Back