• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art, don't hold me to that 2005 cleaning date for the K301, remember when it comes to doing actual service on my Cub Cadets I'm only half fast. Go ahead and quote me on that. :eek:p

Bryan, the front wheels, hubs and stacks sure look nice.

Dave R:
Nice pics of the corn header. If you have any more and are able, please E-mail them to me.
Thanks.

Ryan:
I see a read pin south of T.H., IN on the Gov's map. Is that you? I thought you were in Newton county someplace.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Um, do you remove the cans from the stacks before you turn the Kohler over or do you just blow them off?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I now have pop all over my keyboard and monitor. Thanks alot!
happy.gif

2005...for a cleaning??? I think I need to run over to Kraig's and douse that poor K301 with some Simple Green environmentally safe degreaser just before a heavy fall rain! Or is that part of the "cold weather insulation package"?

<font size="-2">BTW...I never said that was YOUR engine...</font>
roflol.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on October 28, 2003)

I'm having considerable trouble locating a rebuild kit for my 782 motor. It's a KT17 series I. I know they aren't an ideal engine but the price of a new KT17S (24302) seems very high. It is hard to justify the cost when I can buy a new machine for $2k. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've had this tractor for a long, long time and hate to give it up just because the engine is tired out.

Craig E,
Did you by any chance click on one or more of the sponsors at the top of this page? Just askin!
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by cproctor on October 28, 2003)

Art, stop by on your way home, I may even have a bottle or 2 of degreaser kicking around that you can use. But please don't get any overspray on the windbreaker cab. Yes I did find time to remove the mower and install the cab and QA42 snowthrower. So many projects so little time.

Kraig-
I'll be leaving work around 9:30 or 10:00 tonight. You'll still be awake? Maybe I shouldn't work in the dark though...I'd hate to accidentally grab a can of "expanding foam" and spray that all over your carb!...

Kraig/Art-

Yes, but that expanding foam could prevent vapor lock!

Question.....

I have a chance to get get a 54" blade for Stinky (682). I have weight and AG's for him, so traction should not be a problem, but other than 12" more width, are there any advantages or dis-advantages to a 54" on a 682??? I do know I will need a spring assist to lift something that big.

Craig - I don't think I'd spend the money on the powder required to blow a Series-I to pieces! If you check SEW, you should be able buy a Kohler Magnum replacement for around $1200 and make that 782 as good as any "new" tractor. While your at it, treat yourdself to a new sea, too! :) Gadget

Kraig do you have enough vider footage for a pd 6 video? just wondering

Latest posts

Back