• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 24, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al,
Napa #7-01643 coil
Have one in my 100 for 5 years now and works great. $24.40 in aug of 1998

Dunham -

Wouldn't ya know it, you're the 69th person to respond
roflol.gif

Well, I picked up a 6" moldboard plow today. It has yellow paint and a crank handle sticking out the back for depth ajust. I have no idea of what it came off of, but If I can find anothe one I plan on trying to build a two bottom for Stinky to drag around. Now to try and knock of the rust on it.

Denny - I came home for 2 weeks after basic + advanced traing in March 1970 before "shipping out"... That's when Steve and I spent all night turning an old alfalfa field into "plantable acres".... I went into the "silent service" (subs), Steve went to Guam to land "Goonies", Gary went "Over there" to take a "live one".............. All gave some, some gave ALL.

Why is it that everyone ignores the rearend drain plug on all the gear drives? If you took that out first and then removed the rear cover after allowing the hytran to drain there would be less mess. Why doesn't the FAQ mention this?

A PD in Northern IN, or even south of the Chicago area would be good for us. To Chicago for us is around 6 hours; just drove up that way the weekend of Cubarama to pick up the 127; then drove to Cubarama. Really liked the country side in Illinois from Bloomington to just south of Chicago. We drove up to PA PD in the spring and took around 7 hours; nice country but a little taxing. Just my 2 cents on the next plowday.

Mr G, what were you doing on a boat designed to sink??????? You know the navy has ships that float all the time!

Hello all. I'm a very rare poster here but I have visited the forum almost every day for three years. I am currently in the Army and stationed in Fort Bragg, NC (originally from Wichita, Ks). My problem is that I'm having a heck of a time finding someone here who can provide parts for my old cubs. I have a 100 and a 582 special. The S/G went out on the 100. Nobody here is intelligent enough to rebuild it, so I had to order a reman unit. Last week I was smoothing my freshly tilled back yard with the 582 when the original drive belt decided to shred itself. I would like to just go to NAPA tomorrow and pick up something of the same size so I can finish the yard and get some grass seed down, but I don't know what size the dern thing is. Can anyone help? Oh, here is a picture of my 70 and a trailer I built in 1999. Both were donated to my mother who uses both evey day back on the farm in Kansas. I had to buy my junk 100 to replace the old 70.

13247.jpg

I'll second that one, Drain plug???????????Thought that was a Steve add on for hydros??????

Thinking out loud.....the dirt location I'm working on "leasing" is near Davis Jct, IL (between Rochelle and Rockford, IL near the Byron Nuke plant)......... Would it not be too much fun to paint our CC's with some type of temporary clear coat paint that glows "flourescent" at night. Do some night plowing and call Com-Ed claiming there was a nuke spill and we all need new tractors now.......

Here's another much more serious topic to consider........In the very near future Cub Cadet will mark its 45TH anniversary. Is there any interest in having a 45th anniversary party at the Brownsville, TN Cub Cadet assembly plant?? No plowing or mowing just a bring & brag/show & sell event, complete with factory tours, eats, ect.....IF this were a success, there is a VERY good chance an even bigger version would be plannned for the CC 50th anniversary complete with machine (maybe a special "retro" styled CC) giveaways and more(possibly a 50TH anniversary history of Cub Cadet book, with only original factory photos inside)!!!

What does the forum think of this???

(Message edited by kupdike on October 25, 2003)

And just in case you didn't think anybody caught that... Yes, Rev... "drain plug"! :)

Ken-
640 miles from my place, I can make it in one day no problem, I think it would be fun.

The question then will be . . . . "where do we plow?"

Hit the weight jackpot of a sorts today. Was doing a survey job and noticed a pair of what appeared to be wheel weights in one of the piles of scrap to be removed from the site. Ended up getting them free.

Have never seen weights like these. A little over 100 lbs each, solid with three steps to fit various wheels and a cast valve stem cut-out. They bolt on from the back of the wheel. Not sure how I will get them on as they are soo heavy.

The 4 holes match the cub wheels perfectly.

I was afraid the existing studs(bent) would be rusted in, but they all came out easily.

Don't think there is any need for fluid with these two monsters.

Does anybody have any idea where they might have come from or for what tractor they were originally met to fit?

Does anybody sell bolt/nut/fastener kits?

Just went out and checked, Five cubs inside. No drain plugs. Two originals, 100,107,149. Nice head count anyway!

Ken-
I think that sounds like a very interesting idea Cub Cadet has with the 45th anniversary celebration. I'd be very interested in attending even though it's located where it is.

I know that we're not their primary customers on the new stuff, but I've always wondered why Cub Cadet/MTD doesn't capitalize more on the interest and collectability that these older cubs have generated.

Seems like a lost marketing opportunity when you see a group of people like us who use a 30-40 year old garden tractor like we do at a Plow Day event. A photo of an Original in a brochure means nothing to the 30-something first time home buyer, but show their stout build quality with some plow day excerpts and now you're gonna grab somebody's attention.

Come on Cub Cadet, I know you're listening!...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

You know the navy has ships that float all the time! Jerry B<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
13250.jpg

R U sure there Jerry?
lol.gif

Ken, I would try to make an event like that.
Near Future?? Looking forward to more info as it becomes available to you.

Latest posts

Back