• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 24, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember at PD4 Steve, Rob & a couple more(an Original w/lites) were out plowing around 9 PM Friday night.

wave.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on October 25, 2003)

You Guys would be surprised how little light You actually need to plow. Clear nights with a full or close to full Moon I used to shut the lights off! With lights ALL You can see is the area Your lights illuminate. Without them Your eyes adjust and You can see fairly well. If This 24 Hour Plow Day happens.....Old Faithful & I will be there! Lets see....5 quart fuel tank.... burn 1/2 gal./hr. fuel stop about every hour to be safe... WOW... 24 Pit Stops for gas & grease! Reminds Me of a night I plowed in an 80 acre field with a 4020 Gas pulling 5-14's. I made 16 half mile rounds in 4 hours on a tank of gas. Started at 7 PM, gassed-up at Midnight, quit at 4 AM.

Hey, Boner - We got a little rain last night, too, but I'm hoping I can plow either this afternoon or Sunday @ Dad's place. He's got 55 or 60 acres of bean stubble that I spent about an hour in a couple of weeks ago. It's beautiful black dirt.

It seems Beth's gastrointestinal system is working well enough for me to get to Blue Grass for awhile, anyway. Woo Hoo! Any of you local folks want to come over and play tomorrow?

Email me @ [email protected]

thanks, Keith

Hey Wyatt & others. I may stop over to the toy show today. I'll bring along that air cleaner for you if you want it. OK?

John L. -

Ummm - it's in November...
wink.gif

7, 8, and 9, to be exact...

SB -

I'll be there sometime Saturday.

Denny, you jog the old memory bank! I recall one night after I came home on leave from the service my high school buddy and I plowed down an alfalfa field. It was nice and cool so we plowed all night with a 4020D pulling a semimounted 5 bottom and a 730D pulling a 4 bottom trip. Gadget

(Message edited by mrgadget on October 25, 2003)

I got some land around here I could mabey talk owners into something. but it all goes underwater, kinda hard to plan anything around the river.
13237.jpg

(Message edited by dross on October 25, 2003)

Need some help with my K301. I believe that the last time it was apart the mechanic put the rod in backwards. It has arrows on it, not the standard square tabs that go toward the bearing plate. Do the arrows go the same way as the tab?

If so, it was in backwards. This is the first rod of this type I have experienced.

This engine is full of surprises. It was bored 0.030" also. Was told that it had never been apart. Exhaust valve was egg shaped but still sealed. Amazing. Seats were not damaged. Stuck the seat grinder on it and dusted them up to spec.

Just need some info on this rod.

Thanks

Bryon! Thanks for setting me straight on the dates of that show! I was about to pull out and go over there today. I should have known it woldn't have been today. This was the rain date for PD6. Good thing we had it last week. Icy cold this morning and a little light rain yesterday here at least. But today will be nice & sunny. Not short sleeve weather! I keep watching that slide show I have of last weekend and seeing new things! My brother-in-law got some great pictures. Kraig has them all. You'll want to check them out!
happy.gif

Frank-The rod should have an oiling hole which should face toward the cam. As long as that hole faces the cam,tabs and arrows don't matter. If it doesn't have an oiling hole get a rod that does.

Kevin:

Thanks for verifying what I thought.

That is what I thought. THe rod was installed backwards by the last rebuilder. Means I am now going to have to probably get a new rod or have this one resized so it fits wih the crank . Do not like the idea of just turning it around and putting it back in. The crank has a few 0.0001" taper so it probably will not last long.

Can't wait until I get my boring bar. I have 4 or five blocks that I want to rebore and rebuild.

let's see here,
got a cub cadet web site
had 6 plow days
had a local fire dept. involved
had coverage on the local news
plowed 42.5 acres
does it get any better than this?
i can see that if the 24hrs. of plowing happens
then someone is going to have to call ESPN and
the SPEED CHANNEL!!!!!!
maybe then we could get them to supply some
portable light towers!!!!

Would central MN (Brainerd area) Be to far a away from everybody? My father in law's brother has 300+ acres he may let us use in the spring. Let me know what you all think and I can go further with this.

Here's what I've got so far, with 49 responses...

13240.jpg

Keep your responses coming!!!!

GADGET - The one night I was thinking about I'd just got home from college the night before. Showed up unannounced at the neighbor's, spent all day hauling manure and a BIG tractor finally freed-up that night so since I was flat broke & couldn't afford to go anywhere I figured I might as well work ALL NIGHT. I wished the 4020D or 4320 would have been available... but the 4020G was all there was. I was back hauling manure after a short nap by about 9 AM. PHILLIP - MUSCO LIGHTING.... Muscatine, IA....They can make the whole farm like it was daytime! For a price. I like the idea of SPEED Channel coverage....I'd have to borrow one of Son's Ferrari flags.....Afterall.... SCHUMMY got His start in gocarts.....Maybe He'd like to join the party!

Got my 123 head back on today and ready to crank it up for 15 minutes and re-torque the head.
13242.jpg

Got to get ready for the next plow day you know! I'm making headway already!
13243.jpg

Night plowing? Bring it on!!!
Visited a salvage yard and picked up this 52lb. front light bracket! They will mount right on my slab weight brackets and you can double them for 104lb. or more on the front. And they are cheap!

Ken, it will be a stones throw from the new intermodal. That's a real cool place. Kinda neat the way the lights highlight the cars and engines in the dark. Should take pics I spose.

I need a new coil for my K321. I've read an auto coil with internal resistor works fine, but I've not seen, specifically, which vehicle coil I should use. I was told elsewhere a late 60/ early 70's Chevy would work, but according to the 2 auto parts places in my town that are open this weekend, all of their coils require external resistors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve Blunier,
Thanks for the photo of the rear anti-scalp roller. That is just what I needed.

Latest posts

Back