• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 24, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken
Sounds good to me.

Drain Plug!!!! Jerry B, go look again.
In order, 70, "409" 100. Didn't take pictures of anymore,

13255.jpg

13256.jpg

13257.jpg

Matt G. -

Did you actually read the FAQ? I mean, REALLY read the FAQ? What's the second sentence say?
wink.gif

At any rate, if you have the right pan and are careful, taking the rear cover off doesn't make a mess at all...

What makes a mess is filling it because you can't quite tell how far along you are...

Art -

I think Matt's pickin' on your FAQ entry, maybe you should just stick to music
lol.gif

Bryan-

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">Changing Hytran in a Hydrostatic Transmission</font></font><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Yes, I know, but it also says this:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">The entire process is essentially the same for gear drives, minus the filter of course.</font></font><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Except gear drives have a drain plug to remove.
smile.gif

Ken,

Where do I get the glow in the dark paint????? I will even paint up a pair of cover-alls to match.
proud.gif

As for the 45th, It would be a long drive, but I'm up for a meet at the "Home" of the Cub. It might get me a chance to find #65458.

KEN - I can just see downtown Brownsville TN with a sea of yellar & white Cubbies backed up to the curbs on Both sides of the street! Little red thrown in for contrast! Get some of Dan's & Jim Chabot's creations in Special locations.... Orange Cty Choppers doesn't have ANYTHING over on US!

Matt G. -

Grab your Websters and look up "essentially"...

And while you're at it, please fill out the complaint form above.

John L:
Any idea what your "light bracket" used to be?

Phillip N, Art A, Ken U:
Your ideas seem to tie together. I don't know about Speed Channel, but I could see something on History Channel, Discovery, TLC, or PBS. Maybe Cub Cadet would be interested in some video for their use (50th?) and could contribute something toward it's production expenses, especially if there are other activities as well. People could be pulling stumps; mulching/grinding/chipping; splitting firewood; grading; tilling; loading and hauling using buckets, scoops, wagons, and carts; mowing with decks, front mounts, side mounts, rear gang mowers; sweeping or vacuuming; raking an area; and otherwise showing off other adapted or homemade attachments to show versatility, durability, etc.
Kohler might be another corporate sponsor possiblity. Don't know what they'd think of the diesels and other non-Kohler powered stuff, though. May be a lot of restrictions. Firestone? Goodyear? Titan? Brinly? Champion? Some fuel/oil company? Bayer?
Sorry I started rambling. It just sounds like a blast to me.

WOW.... When the map is all done I bet the epicenter will be only a few miles from DIXON IL.

Bruce Moore (Bmoore) asked...John L:
Any idea what your "light bracket" used to be?

Yes Bruce, It was 1/2 of the inside wheel weight on the rear axle (steering axle) of a John Deere combine. Not sure which model combine it was on, I forgot to look. The salvage yard had several sets of these. I think I'll go back and get another pair. You could put the weights on without removing the wheel from the combine. Most of the combines were so light on the steering axle with the header raised you had trouble steering.

Bruce M,
I tried all the one's you listed and quite a few more for door prizes for PD6 and 99% of the rejection replies I got, responded that since the enconomy was slow that they would have to decline at this time. Guess they dint think that Plow Day events would get them enought FREE exposure or somethin!
BRINLY has been the only one now and in the past that has offered to do anything, That just goes to show ya what great people they are!

BTW, I talked with Kristin from Brinly-Hardy again friday and it seems depending on where PD7 is held, they might just show up and do some sort of Display and might just have MORE FREEBIES!

CHARLIE - I just scanned a couple old pic's yesterday to send to Kraig. Couple show Son when He was about 4 yrs old with My plow all shined up from plowing hooked to My 72. That would make the pic's from about 1985.... First plow I had Dad paid I think $5 for. Dad still has a Sears 3-point plow.... smaller pins & spacing that a Cat. O, 8" bottom I think. I think He paid $10 for that plow in the early to mid 80's. What do sleeve hitch plows sell for now?
biggrin.gif
WYATT & I just had this same conversation 10 days ago.....

I just did a where used part search @ jdparts and found where that weight was used. Here's what it shows.
Catalog Search Results

1163 - 3300 COMBINE
1164 - 4400 COMBINE
1166 - 6600 COMBINE
1167 - 7700 COMBINE
1334 - 5200 AND 5400 SELF-PROPELLED FORAGE HARVESTER
1601 - 5440 AND 5460 SELF-PROPELLED FORAGE HARVESTERS
1666 - 6620 COMBINE
1667 - 7720 COMBINE
1745 - COMBINE - 4420
3157 - FORAGE HARVESTER 5420,544
Guess they used it alot pf places! I'm surpised I got them so cheap!

A few ideas to ponder......I was approached by a person(s) at MTD/CC about doing the 45th/50th anniversary thing. Its not my original idea, they (MTD/CC) asked for OUR help....so who's in and how do we get going???

There is a very good chance that CC will have made the 1 millionth Cub Cadet Garden Tractor by the 45TH anniversary.

One of my CC "operatives" indicated that a GT/SGT may be used as a giveaway/door prize for all that attend this event. This event may involve some serious $$$ value prizes and advertising $$$$ that MTD/CC would provide.....

(Message edited by kupdike on October 26, 2003)

Ken,
Count me in. Oh yea, Travis and I know an attorney that works for (MTD/CC)really really well if that will help, grin
BTW, he really is a nice guy too for an atttorney that is.

Ken U. and All... Oh Yes!!! If I can get away I love the ideas for the 45th and 50th celebrations. (Maybe I will also have a nicer pickup by then... a good paying job first would help immensely.) :+)

Apostle -

Would I like to attend? Yeah. Would I likely drive to TN? Prolly not. Not since I've got another 2 years until I get 3 weeks vacay...

Now Louisville would be a no brainer for me - hell, Julie would even go. Although I doubt they'd let us setup at the end of a runway
wink.gif

John:

Probably off the 66** and 77** models. They were used to conter the 220 head and 643 head. I have a 6600 with a 220 (20 feet wide grain head) and have the weights your are talking about. Actually there are on both sides of the wheels.

Now..Tell me where the weights I got yesterday came from. Fit the cub wheels but are solid with 4 blind threaded bolt holes that bolt the weights on fron the axle side of the wheel. They weigh in excess of 100# each and have three steps to fit the rims as well as a notch for the valve stem. Definitely takes a weightlifter to mount them. More than I can handle. Has a bolt on the side, may be for bolting a lifting lug to, to sure what else it could be used for.

Have never seen a set like this before, but not complaining, got them for free.

Has anybody stuffed a diesel in a 1x50 series of cubs? If so, do you have any photos and what engine did you use.

Back