• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 24, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Whats all this sqawable I hear about Menomonie and Eau Claire Wi being to far north, I live just 30 miles east of Eau Claire and managed to make it to Rockford Ia for plow day 6 no problems, What you's all afaid of trying out your plows in ground that has a few rocks in it? Ground around this part of Wi vareys so much you can be plowing sand,clay,black dirt, gravel, all within 100 feet of starting point.
I plowed my garden back in late Sept., 20 year old pasture land, was nothing like plowing in Ia., 1ST gear 3/4 throttle and a good work out for a 38 year old Cub Cadet 102.
If'n I had 40 plus acers of land I would hold next years plow day, but I don't However my neighbor does, so I am going to talk to him and see if he has 40 plus acers he needs plowing next spring. I will get back to Travis & Charlie when I find out if he is willing to let us plow it.

Bryan-
Inner Geek??? Judging by the T-shirt you were wearing at Travis', I'd say it's an "outie"!!
roflol.gif

I can't wait to see this map that Bryan is generating.....
drool.gif

I have plow will travel, if I can get any time off any more. I got written up for taking a vacation day when I had none left?!?!?!!? Man what is this world coming to??? They complain that money is short, but hit me for saving them a days pay roll. Go figure.
rolleyes.gif

Ewwwww, someone get Tedd a towel!!!

So YOUR employer is the reason Metra has "late slips", huh?

Art -

Yeah, yeah...
lol.gif

I've been looking at some ground west of Rochelle for a possible PD site. Big IH farmers. Gotta work Saturday and Sunday. Should have an answer next week. Amazing how much I miss plowing. Gonna be a long Saturday without it.

Does the ground for a plow day have to be a bean feild? How bout a corn field or hay field?
Need to know so I can look for the right type of field.

Who says we need to hold to one day each spring and fall. We went to Rockford 'cause it was only 2 hours away and well worth the trip. I've talked to a couple guys since and they would love to go to another but dont want to drive 10 hours to get there.Possibly a couple regional events would fullfill everyones needs. The diehards could attend several of them on consecutive weekends and guys like me could get to the one thats close. And the Lemans type plowing would be cool too and possibly worth the drive. Last, the friday night thing would be a bounus, I know I was way too busy Saturday with wife, kids, brothers and trying to keep enough fuel in tractors to bulls___t with more than about 4 people.

My 2 cents
Scott

Too bad Kraig didn't get a pic when I went air borne on the prairie dog hole. I bounced the rear rim so hard I had fluid seeping out!!

This 24 hour plow thing would work if.......we could find a soybean or straw field that had all of the residue baled up(no plugging, just plowing)......electric lights would be a must HAVE if you run at night(halogens work nicely
happy.gif
)....NO refueling on the go (Dunham pay atttention here)....Pat I. would get his 2 bottom plow perfected, maybe even make it a semi mount...we would need to have a sacrificial Brand X bon fire (if the Rev shows up)....finally, this would really be great if it was in late July thru September and the Northern lights or a meteor shower were going on at the same time, so Kraig, could shoot some AWESOME night video shots....

Glen E....If you get some real estate west of Rochelle, make sure that it's in sight of the RR line so the train guys/gals can get their fix....

(Message edited by kupdike on October 24, 2003)

Hey, Jerry.

Whatcha say we go to that 24 hour plow extravaganza. Get there on Friday and start home on Monday ?

That's the way they would do it out here. Isn't it?

We could pick up Harry and his crew from the Puget area and have a caravan. Or is that a convoy ?

Now wouldn't that be a site coming across the Dakotas and that rough ass I-90 across the Land O' Lakes into cheddar land. Hey I got friends in LaCrosse and that's only two days hard driving from here.

It would be worth the trip just to skew their mileage database. We could get Jimbo Chabot from the east and really mess it up ! ! ! !

Bryan. My ZIP is 59828.

Kraig:

Thanks for the wiring diagram. My scanner is not working properly so I have not finished our project.

Brian:

You know where I live....just add 310 colleen to what you already know.

Could give you the farm address in Southern Illinois. Probably too far south for a plow day, 15 miles south of I-64 exit 50.

Not out of the question though....

Anybody see the 8,000.00 Original on eBay? Must be really nice...
wink.gif

I would like to just go plow this weekend of next weekend or the weekend after that....kinda shitty here in southern WI tonight though.

Got the SuperTrapp on the diesel but my photoresizer sucks so no picture,oh well. It's pretty neat with no chance of all that muffler weight breaking any more manifolds. That crap is too expensive to replace-ever.

Oh come on Kevin. With all that fuel savings of a diesel, you can afford a muffler once in a while.

Boner,
Head this way, we got bean fields up this way that we can use and I know where there's a field down by Rockford Iowa that has a few bare spots left in it, hehehe

Lonny,

Yes, it has to be bean stubble, or mowed/baled wheat stubble...Brinly plows WILL NOT handle the trash in a corn field...they barely cope with the chaff from the soybeans.

Eau Claire is a fairly long drive for a lot of the IA, IL, IN, MO, KY, OH folks. Die-hards will do it, but attendance will not be what it was at PD#6 or PD#4.

To make this a real bang up deal we would need 60-80 acres in a field set up like Travis's (maybe near a Morton building for AC power, etc) located in Northern IL / Southern WI...it's the most centralized area for a majority of those who run Cadets. MOst people will do 4 hours...longer than that and people start to drop off.

I did spring break this year.....9 hours, that's a LOOOOOOONG ride with a trailer load of Cubs, and while people have/do/will drive further than that, you can't expect most of the people at these things to make trips like that...it gets too hard to manage.

Floating PD locations are great, so far we have hit on some spots that seem to cater to a majority of the people here, Central IL, NE IN, and North Central IA...if we could find a willing host in N IL/S WI I think we could really round out the geographics.

One more thing about PD locations, a good location also needs a HOST. Travis, Jonathan, Cub Connection, Robb, Mike, Charlie, and I can tell you from experience that it takes a considerable amount of behind the scene work to set-up, organize, and run one of these events. Travis just found out first hand how busy you can be at one of these, keeping things on-track.

BTW,

Who's going to the Nat. Toy Show in Dyersville????? Robb will be there all weekend, so will Big Steve and probably Ken U. Chris and I will probably be there on Sat. Anybody else???

Steve B > Thanks for the imput / info on what is needed for a plow day, I will have to do some checking around, no promises but if I can locate a 60 acres plus of clean bean stubble or clean corn stubble I will let the forum know.
However I do not have any clue as how to organize such an advent, but with the help of others who knows.
Have a great weekend everyone, I myself will be building a sleve hitch set up for my 2186 (mtd) and a snow plow bracket also.

Steve B,
Yea but I got to help do the easy stuff, I dint have to deal one on one with everyone like you guys did.
I do know that Travis/Dee had a whole mess of things to do just to get things rollin.
I do think that Travis coulda used a valium or two about noon saturday, but I think he held together quite well!!!!

Two cents from Southern Indiana:

Plow day sounds & looks like a blast! However, it will be extremely rare for me to be able to make a trip more than 4-6 hours away from Evansville. I like the idea of the large gathering and getting to meet all you fellows, but I don't have the time or energy to drive too far. It would be great to be able to drive to the location Friday after work, relax a little (possibly share some cool tools), plow / meet / look over equipment on Saturday, have breakfast with the gang on Sunday, and get home by early afternoon. This is my first year on the forum and I was envious of all you at PD6! But time constraints wouldn't even allow me to get to Plum City (northern Indiana, 5-6 hours) for their event. I still support a major event spring and summer, with regional events in other areas so there is more opportunity for all of us to gather somewhere, if the main event is too far away. I immagine it is a huge amount of work, so I don't know how to pull it off. Maybe some of us can work with the existing agricultural shows in our areas to add plowing to their event? I know there is some cub support in my area for the Boonville Thresherman's show - I will try to work with that. Wish I could do more -- maybe when the lottery provides financial independance.......

CJM

Steve-
On the toy show, count me in . . . I'm only 20 miles north!. I talked to Travis about staying at my place and we'd get an early start. Was it 3 or 4 years ago we had the meeting of the minds out in that parking lot, was that where the seeds of Plow Days were sewn?

Back