• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 22, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
Art,
Thanks for the old link! Just a question, where your cab bolts onto the rear of your tractor, what does it look like? Is the part where the bolts go through the cab and into the tractor frame sloped? I am thinking your's is a lot "flatter" than mine is - likely because of a different model of cab to fit different models of tractor. Just curious if you had a picture of it and how you have it fastened to the tractor under the seat. Do you find the "fenders" of the cab help keep the slush off the side of the cab doors? Or are they more of just a cosmetic thing? Do you have much issues with it fogging up inside with the fan running on the front window or does it create enough air movement to keep windows fairly clear?

Anyone else have hard shell cabs on their Cubs? Any issues with them, things you would change?

Hey guys what size hole saw is needed to bore holes in headlight plate on a 1250?

Mike F: Punctuation can apparently save many hours ( over the years)
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 143
Questions for you guys who have installed Hydraulic pumps...Are the optional add on pump units that can be installed on the narrow frame gear drive Cubs, the same pump unit and brackets that are also installed wide frame gear driven Cubs?

Thanks
John

John,
Short answer is no. Wide frames have a ported hydrostat pump that you run lines from to achieve hydro lift. These parts can be found a lot cheaper than NF pumps anyway. I believe gear drives had an electric lift option but I never saw many

Hi Ksanders..Hey I have an 147 with an electric lift that worked the last time I tried it..I reckon the only thing I'd need to locate would be the front bracket stay that bolts to the side of the frame on my 126. I wonder if the electric lifts are stout/robust enough to handle lifting a QA42A snowthrower?

If I am not mistaken..I think I may have bought/traded for the 147 from you a few years back. I live down in Ky and traded you a model 100 that was about as ragged out as the 147.

It's more than enough to handle a thrower, BTDT.
299914.jpg

Attachments

• 299914.jpg
    299914.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 299914.jpg
    299914.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 142
Kevin S,

He asked about gear drives not hydros.

John M.

I'm not sure. I wondered that many times myself.

And I let him know that while a hydro had a set-up for hydro lift the gear drives accomplish lifting with an optional electric lift.

I've never seen a wide frame gear drive with a NF pump but guess anything can be made to work. I also believe the wide frame electric lift was a different unit than the 147 lift and mounted under the dash or something. Been a long time.

I don't remember trading for a 100 but not saying it didn't happen.

hmmm off topic ,,let me think

299930.jpg

Attachments

• 299930.jpg
    299930.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 299930.jpg
    299930.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 139
Correct I was asking about the gear drive Cubs, and the optional hydraulic unit that is belt driven and is mounted on the right side of the frame..

I assume that some type of optional hydraulic unit was offered as an option for the gear drive wide frame..

My question was IF there was a optional hydraulic unit offered for the wide frame gear drive Cubs, is it similar to or even the same as the one you see mounted on narrow frame..

Thanks for the info on the electric lift....I have no clue on the wide frame electric lifts...The 147 is a narrow frame up to the point of the frame were it widened up to fit the 14HP into the narrow frame..The 147 electric lift ought to transfer over to the 126 as they are both narrow frame units.

thx
John

John M., the add on "external" mount, as in mounted on the outside of the frame, was only available for the Narrow Frame Cub Cadets. There was not an optional hydraulic lift available for the Wide Frame, *gear drive*, Cub Cadets, only an optional electric lift. The Wide Frame, hydrostatic drive, Cub Cadets could, of course, accept an optional hydraulic lift, provided they had a ported hydrostatic pump.
dizzy.gif

Attachments

• dizzy.gif
    dizzy.gif
    367 bytes · Views: 135
Thanks Kraig....and everyone else.

I ended up buying the QA42A snowthrower for the 225 bucks...the seller is a real nice elderly gent and I just didn't want to hassle him over 25 bones..

He also has a Brinly plow with the coulter, a tandem disc, and a set of cultivators.

Plus the thing I'm really wanting try and buy..a #2 IH cart..It's pretty roached looking with surface rust, but still appears to be solid at casual glances..

We'll see how it goes...Not really too interested in the other 3 items, but the # 2 cart would come in pretty handy around here.

Thanks
John

So True Gerry !. So True! I saved even more time tonite, pulled the head off and discovered the bolts were loose! Not a spot of damage to be seen.

SO I guess she was just telling me in her own way that it's time for some attention. I'll need to rtfm and find the torque specs and finish re-assembly. A new air filter / gas filter and fresh oil.. we'll be good for the new season coming.

Back