• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 21, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were never any official "Demonstrator" Cub Cadets. . Jim Chalbot painted that up.

Tedd, Ryan is correct, the only "Demonstrator" Cub Cadet is the one that Jim Chabot created. But there is no one to stop you from creating an 82 Series Demonstrator.

For those that have not seen photos of it, here is Jim's creation.
13187.jpg

Looking through the paperwork with the "new" 149 and found about seven pages of this forum from 1999 with a looooong post from Harry going over rebuilding engines. Fun paperwork to find in with a nice tractor. This one should not need paint. New points seem to be most of the trouble so far, old ones were a mess!So far I cannot complain, third free cub in a row. This one's too nice, shed kept most of it's life.

82 series in that "demonstrator" white would look really cool.

Jon

That looks like his original is all 901 white. I would guess that a X82 would be 935 white due to year of production.

Can someone post a picture of a sleeve hitch or 3 point hitch for a 682.

Thanks

Todd H., here is a drawing of a cat-0 3 point for the 682.
13196.jpg

Todd, I believe that this is a 782 but the 682 cat-0 3 point should look quite similar.
13198.jpg

Tom H. has a sleeve hitch version on his 682, I don't have any decent photos of it though.

Here is the sleeve hitch on Ken Updike's 782 which should be nearly the same if not the same as one on a 682.
13200.jpg

How come no one is stepping up for PD7 this spring???? We got oats across the road ;-)

I just brought home a Parker sweeper. It is 36" wide and looks to be like the 1/1A, S/N U010304 and above type. I need to get rid of the silver paint and replace it with white.
happy.gif

Travis,
I thought we were back in Ill. for PDV7? Maybe I'm all screwed up. Steve???????

Kent, Steve has PD8 in IL fall 2004. We're still looking for PD7. I was talking with Steve about it earlier today. We were thinking if Urchels do not have it in IN, it would be nice to have it in northern Il, or southern WI.

Whoever does decide to host it can use the website I used for mine. Charlie has already offered to set it up.

I bet Tom H could find a field for us to use. With all the dirt work he does, there has to be something around. The field by my work is too small, 30 acres.

Kraig

Thanks for the pics... Do you know how it attaches to the Lift arm?

I had a real cub suprise yesterday. I went by my local Cub/Case dealer to pick up a maint manual they had ordered for me.(covers about 8 different models-129 149 169 1200-and cost all of 15 dollars.
While I was there I ask the parts man if he had a good number for the trunion plate for my 169.He said yes he had a good number. I ask him if he was sure--He walked into the back of the parts room and came back with both new plates and said --Is this what you need? I ask him if these were old stock and he said no,he gets them all the time.(from Case).I have read several times about welding the old ones up and fileing the slots out--as they were no longer listed. They may not be available for the narrow frames
but they are listed and available for the 169.
I should also say that they are not cheap. Thirty dollars each. I have a mig welder and was going to weld up the old one. Now I don't have to do that. The new one sure looks nice.I have the card that was attached to the plate and if anyone needs it I will be glad to email it to you. I would list it here but it is down at my shop.

While looking through my "manuals" tonight, I came across this....
13207.jpg

It's what MTD lists as the aircleaner for the 1X9 series...everything looks "kosher", but what's up with the snorkel?!?!?

Why don't you guys bring your Cubs to the WFM Spring Tillage Day and call it PD7? I think it's GREAT to see everybody get together like we did at Travis'. I'm planning on bringing the CC123. JMHO: Gadget

BTW: You mentioned southern WI... Spring Tillage Day is planned for a site near Menomonie.

(Message edited by mrgadget on October 23, 2003)

Back