• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 20, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Where's Travis!
13072.jpg

Charlie, you just don't get the feel when you're sitting on the seat ;-)

John L, it was a real fire call the other day. There was a cornfield on fire about 3 miles NW of Plow Day. I was on the east end of the field when the page went off.

There was more than tree roots up there! I came back down with a 4" chunk of fence post about 30" long and a 15# rock! I think Craig got a shot of it as I kick 'em off in the headland. Gadget

Our hosts on TV.....

Several of us who stayed Sat. night in Charles City got together with the Schweizer's at a joint called the Pizza Ranch for some eats after PD. Pretty much took over the place and talked the manager into flipping on the overhead TV's to the news just in time to hear Dee say "I think it's kind-of wierd, but it is really neat that everybody can get together like this" to the cameraman.......big cheer went up from our table and the other 1/2 of the people in there gave us all the "what the $%^&" look!!!!! "Mr. Smoke" seemed to skip-out on the camera part........

What a great weekend!!!!!!

BTW, every place we stopped on the way home, gas, eat, etc. somebody would flag you down and ask what was with the tractors on the trailer. When they found out about PD, EVERY ONE of them said WHY????.......I guess if you have to ask ya just don't get it!!!!!!!!!

Help!!! I think that my tiller gear/chain box is maybe failing. It is making an aweful noise that I think is chain noise. (Model #1) Also, when holding the tines still I can rotate the big pulley about 1/3 of a turn before it stops. Is this amount of rotation normal? Unfortunately, I do not have any information for my tiller and if anyone has any information that would be helpful please let me know. It destroyed the big belt and I would like the new belt to last longer that 20 minutes.

Thanks,
Seth

Looks like I missed out on the event of the year. I hate that when it happens. Travis, Dee and all who assisted have earned a five-star atta-boy for a job well done.

Spousal update: I got Beth out of the hospital yesterday afternoon. The doctors got everything going again and were able to avoid surgery. This is a very good thing. I'm hopeful we can keep her home this time around.

Since I had some extra non-plowing time over the weekend and into yesterday. I took the opportunity to work on the Brinly cat 0 disk and plow that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I had the frame pieces sandblasted last week and got some paint on them Sunday & Monday. If any of you out there in TV land have some decent close up pics of a cat 0 dual gang disk, please post them so that I can remember how this thing goes back together.

Thanks,
Keith

Charlie -

Yeah, I think I caught the end of that 4 footer and flipped it up - I noticed that someone stood it upright on my next pass.

Travis -

Plowed up a 3-4 foot steel rod - wrapped itself up agains my carb and around the front axle. When ya said the field was trashy, I just couldn't imagine...
lol.gif

Art/SB -

Amen on 169 power
buttrock.gif
- plowed quite a bit at half throttle - nice bark coming from the stacks that way.
wink.gif

Seth C.: here is the parts breakdown of the #1 tiller box. The only difference between an 1 & 1A is the covers. My Cub Cadet Dealer which is also a Woods dealer told me these boxes were made by Woods. I am sure the gears and shafts are expensive and you might get a better price at a Woods dealer.
13077.jpg

Image is blurry so E-mail me and I will send you the file.

(Message edited by wdeturck on October 21, 2003)

WD-40 is a water displacer (W= water D= displacement), not a penetrating oil. PB Blaster is better. Kroil is best.

Steve B.
I don't know if that "WHY" question is/was an Iowa thing or not, but I got the same thing. Guy that owned motel I stayed at said "Why, don't you have dirt in Kentucky" !!!! Guess some people will never understand
biggrin.gif

Hey all,
I have a chance to swap a 42" snowthrower for an external hydro lift with my cousin. One question: how hard is it to find parts for the hydro lift? He says there's a bad gear in it.
Thanks,
Jim

Travis, I figured you were down at the far end when the fire truck left. I saw the smoke down there. Are you a fireman?

I finished pulling a big post out of the ground and stood it upright with dirt to serve as a warning for others and help the land owner find the stuff up there.

I can see why they've been no-tilling!
happy.gif

Oh Paul Bell, You don't need to send that box of beetles back to Iowa!
happy.gif

We still have plenty of them yet. Never seen this manyu in my life!!!

Hope to find some PB today for that stuck head bolt. How many ft. lb. torque does it take to twist off a 3/8" grade 8 bolt? I was scared to put too much on it.

Ray,
I'm thinking you guys are right. Traction is key. I definitly need tires. someone sugested duals in the back. I saw a pic of a diesel cub (from Mike Horn) with some nice looking diggers on the back.
Mike H, What are those tires you have on the back of your plow rig?

Can anybody tell me what the deal was with hour meters on the 1X9 series tractors? Was it just the 169's that had them?

I picked up a 149 at PD last weekend
buttrock.gif
and it doesn't have one, but I was wondering what the story was...

169 was the first tractor to have the hour meter, after that all the QL (1100 excluded) & most all the '82 series had them as well.

Gadget, yeah, I got ya on video with the log and rock.

I also got Dee and Travis on video (at least a portion of the interview) when the news guy was interviewing them, though it's kind of hard to hear Dee over all the Cubs and Deeres.

Dan:
You asked yesterday which Ag tires the guys were using. Two that I've seen mentioned are 1) Tru Power AT, and 2) Titan True Powers. I have no experience with either one of them and am depending on my chains-on-turf-tires to get me to next spring. A freind recently gave me 10" rims so I'll be looking for Ags in the future. (along with a trailer, the 7hp for my Original, new hood, a Lo Boy etc. etc.)

Back