• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 19, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry R.
Out of the Operators manual.
323327.jpg

Charlie,
I'm thinking that's a typo. My hard copy manual that I got with this 100 says 3 pints, plus the manuals for the 102, 104, 106, etc., says 3 pints also.

I just checked the online manual has a date of 8-1-63, while my hard copy version has a date of 2-3-64. I need to check to see what other differences there are.

Terry, I'm with Digger. I have a few k-241's in equipment and the capacity is different in one. I suggest you have a couple quarts of oil on hand and add 3 pints and check the dipstick. Manuals, as you see, can differ. Especially since we can't be 100% positive on what a PO might or might not have done.

Makes me wonder why the discrepancy in the online manual that was publish August '63 to the hard copy version of February '64 that came with this 100? Was there a change in the '64 model year versus the '63 model year? The manual I have is R3 while the online one is R1.

Going now to check the dipstick.

Under edit: just check after adding a quart and half - dipstick shows full. So, 3 pints on this one.

Oops - talkin' bout oil again reminds me of what the Ole Timer said:
<font size="+1">Oil is oil, some is better than NONE</font>

referring to the oil capacity of the Cadet 100, these had a shallow oil sump and later CC's had a deeper sump where the rod dipper operates as they were longer by at least a full inch.

Joe - I only ever saw a 10 hp in the narrow frame IHCC's with the flat pan, which required the really short rod dipper. The 12 and 14hp came with the dished pan and a longer dipper on the rod. I believe that continued with the wide frame 1x8/9 series. Not sure if the 10hp in the Quiet Line series got the flat pan and short dipper.

Now, how did it affect oil capacity? I know the 12 and 14hp in narrow frame, and the 12, 14 and 16hp in the wide frames had 3 pt capacity. I always thought the 10hp had slightly less - even tho the manual called them out the same.

Lets hear it from all the 10hp owners.
Do you have a flat pan?
What is your oil capacity?

Oil capacity.....When its touching the F on the stick....I stop adding oil!

Back