• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 19, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtunison

displayname
Richard Tunison
Bug.........

Did Charlie say snow?

231822.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the blade mount needed for an Original? I have a newer spring trip blade that came off a 149 but I need the mount that goes back to the foot rest what does it look like?

Thank you!
Paul

Ryan M,
I've only used the york rake once, and that was to finish level 75 tons of driveway gravel before I packed it down. Moved it with a skid steer, spread it with my 100, leveled with the 70, packed it down with the skid steer. They are also handy for finish grading things like topsoil if you are putting in a lawn. Put it on a slight angle and set the gauges wheels correct and they do a great job.

231826.jpg

Some time ago I thought that I saw here that there was a brace for the engine of a 1450 that provided additional support for the engine and saved the motor mounts. It was a metal cross braceif I remember correctly.

I can't find it. Can someone guide me to the location

Zimm: Your 128 headlights should be the same as a 149? I experimented tonight and they can be turned from horizontal. Winter's coming - we'll make up for Summer's Slowness.
happy.gif

Charlie,
Here's what it looks like at my house in NC.

231832.jpg

I lied!
lol.gif
I guess you figured that by the date on the photo.
I have to clean/sand, prime, and paint my blade and bracket before any snow arrives.
construction.gif
I have installed OEM lights since that photo so I can play at night.

hey quick question for everyone as im looking at maybe getting a 149 soon... wil the snowblower rototiller and 3pt hitch fit a 100 or will mods be needed

Michael R.
No, Yes, No
Or yes to all if you have a LOT of time and money on your hands, along with a fully outfitted machine shop in your garage.
biggrin.gif

Gary S.
Time to poke at ya a little!
Had you looked in the FAQ's, you would have found your answer and wouldn't have had to wait for someone to answer!!!
CLICK HERE

how bad would the 3pt hitch mods be? i can live without the snowthrow since ive already got one but would like to use the tiller on my 100 and i dont have a 3 pt on it

I have heard of a guy having to weld the frame of his 100, is there a normal "weak" point we should look for on them? Is there certain things you need to look for when buying the 100, things that are normally repaired because there is a flaw in the design? What is the largest mower deck you can put onto a 100 and have it operate properly?

Michael R.
Virtually impossible in most cases.
I know i wouldn't even think about it. LOL
Here's the WF or in your case 149.
231834.jpg

Here's the narrow frame or 100.
231835.jpg

yah i geuss id have to see it in person to know of anyways to make it work but also if i had one to model off of i think it could make something close. thanks for the help though

Mike-Ive never heard of any frame cracks as far as the 70-100 series goes. Ive seen them many times in the Original, due to the pressed steel frame against the cast rear end. As far as "anything to look for" in a 100...basically the unofficial "point inspection" is the same as any other Cub you would buy. If it dosent have a rod rattle, dosent smoke too much, goes in all gears and drives, Id say its a good start. the biggest deck Ive seen on a 100 is a 42 pin on or Ive seen the later style deck similar to one that would be on a 104/105 (stamped steel).

Keep in mind that its an IH Cub Cadet. If it breaks, its not like you cant get parts for it, also, theres no law saying you cant modify it to fit your needs. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Mike P,
The only place I have seen cracks on a 70/100 frame is in the area of the 4 mounting holes for the cast iron grill surround, and they stem from people running into things with the tractor and/or trying to use the grill as a bumper. If the hood hits the steering wheel when you open or close it, you will find that the front end of the bottom lip of the frame will be bent up slightly from the top of the grill being pushed back. It won't be much, and you will probably have lay a straight edge on the inside of the bottom of the frame (with the grill off) to see any bend. Any cracks will normally be from the front grill mounting holes.

Charlie,
In my defense I couldn't imagine my search for the frame support being a "FREQUENTLY" asked question. Still, you were correct, I should have checked all the sections. Was that modification ever offered for purchase? Did Kirk offer it? I thought for sure that the rebuilt frame or the parts for an existing frame were in a kit somewhere. If so, does anyone still offer the product?

Mike P, I've had to fix several cracks in the engine mount area, You have to check each of the 4 holes.

Well I have to ask lol. I have a 3 point lift here off a 147 and was thinking I could use the lift on my 125 ? both are nf tractors sooo , is this doable?I will need another lift rod I would think.Now if I only knew what length that lift rod would be for the 125 ?? , I would install it when I put the 125 back together. I hate that the room to do anything under the 125 always leaves me with a cut or two.
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back