• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 19, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipe,
It was chunkin just a little, we coulda used some rain the week before but yes it was pullin fairly easy considering.
I'm ready for someone to step up and say PD7 is a go! hehe

Hey Charlie, Don't feel too bad about that blown head gasket! Did you hear my blue & white 123 running Saturday? It has a head gasket going out. It chirps when you start it! I found #8 head bolt washer loose on the head. I suspect the bolt was too long and bottomed out before contacting the head when I torqued it. I'm sure that's why it blew the gasket. Problem is the bolt is frozen and I can't seem to remove it, even with the impact wrench! I sprayed it with WD40 a few times. What now?

Oh & Kraig, My PD6 CD taken by Dale is in the mail, you should get it Tuesday or Wednesday!

Yes Ryan, I saw you coming up the back of me. The only problem was that I had the hydro lever all the way forward. I think I need to recheck the hydro pressure. I seem to be loosing too much speed under hard pull. Or add more spacers washers in the trunnion slot to make the assembly tighter. I still had fun and ran up on the back of a few Deeres myself. John, I think you need a bigger engine in that 317. hahahaha

Charlie!
Do you think PD7 might be close to Ottawa,Ontario,Canada?
If it is I would probably go.Might even bring a doort prize.Talk about "HUMMERS" would be entirely inappropriate at this time.
Seriously,I would love to attend.Looks like all had a terrific time.

John Lang,
All this time and you ain't got it figured out that WD40 has no place on a Cub! PB Blaster buddy!
Then if all else fails, grab yer stud remover, heat it up with yer torch and snatch that sucker out!

Pipe,
Rumor has it that Indiana might be the spot for PD7 but that's just talk till it happens.
I was really thinkin about up this way but I kinda doubt that's it's close enough for everyone.
East and a little north of St. Louis would be perfect IMHO, that way it would be about the same distance for the midwest guys and gals.

I was thinkin if we caught Travis right about now while he's still pumped up, he might go for it again, snicker

Charlie!
MapQuest.Ottawa,Canada to St. Louis Missouri
1065.2 miles.Driving time 16hrs. and 23 minutes.
We have to negotiate.

Thanks to Travis & family and the Rockford Fire Department, I sat on the computer for quite a while trying to think up thebiggest compliment that I could put into words, there just isn't any words. I'm still smiling after all the fun I had, people I met, and the ground that was plowed.

Art-
Anytime you need a 169 fix, you're more than welcome to hop on that tractor. While it's not the prettiest machine around it more than gets the job done. What it is about that engine that makes what seems like a massive amount of torque I haven't quite figured out yet, but I'll be pretty embarassed if my K321 hotrod engine doesn't top it (but I wouldn't be suprised either).

Anyone hear from Keith if everything went OK saturday? Too bad he had to leave but being a husband and a dad comes before being a cubber.

Pipe,
Maybe the Cub Connection in northern Indiana would give it another shot since it was kinda soggy for PD5. Here I go again stickin my nose in where it don't belong, sorry guys!

Question-
I've checked for cracks with a chem-check solvent on the bearing plate for an engine I'm building. The dye revealed a small crack that runs about 1" around the circumfrence of the bearing, about 0.250" from the seat of where the bearing goes. Should I look for another bearing plate or would it be OK to use? I'd assume it's OK and that it's just a crack that developed after machining.

John, throw that WD-40 in the trash!!!

Charlie, Pipe, I was thinking it'd be nice to give CCC another shot since they got a bum weekend last time. Just my opinion.

I might take spring 2005 if someone twisted my arm.

I was actually thinking of a sorta swap meet early in the spring if there was any interest.

Heck I wish I could get ahold of the guy selling off the 70+ acre farm next door to where I work. Plenty of parking at the factory. I think I will have to look into this more......
Plus not to mention the machine shop for those emergency repairs.
proud.gif

John I used to use WD-40 but these guys turned me on to PB Blaster for rusted parts. I still use WD-40 for other things.

Thanks for the picthure Charlie.
I have to waite until I get my film developed to find out just what I took.
Plow day 7, when, where, next weekend? huh huh??

For us more Eastern guys the Cub Connection would be awesome,especially now that we have discovered how much fun these plow days really are.BTW a pulling sled lends a whole other dimension to these events.

BTW Big Mouth, Err,I mean Mike the Shirtman,
I changed shirts 4 times during PD6 and had many guys askin about where I got those cool embroidered pocket T-shirts.

BTW, they are COOL!
13050.gif

(Message edited by Cproctor on October 20, 2003)

Keith,
Shhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone.

I hate to admit it, but the 582 with the Briggs and Scrapiron 16 did another great job. I had to idel it down several time as not to climb up anyones a$$.

I think later in the day, the plow got out of adjustment. During the parade I was behind Tedd and was barely rolling 2". Maybe with the wider tires I was riding up in Tedd's furrow. When I was closing up the field, and in my own furrow all was OK.

Denny,the Command 25 fits great in an x82 series etc,same basic physical size as the 20-22 etc except for the oil cooler on the left side of blower housing(flywheel shroud) I have one in a 1282 and it is awesome! BIG torque rise on those 25s!

Guys I was so sorry to have to miss PD 6.0!! Really wanted to go,had everything lined up and ready;then some bozo runs a stop sign and whacks a car which proceeds to hit mine while on my rural mail route! Trip to the hospital and some sore days!! Totalled my Blazer! DOH!

Looks like it was just perfect!! Travis and Dee,Charlie and RFD etc,my hat's off to ya on a wonderful job indeed! Really wanted to "drop plow" with my 982 once,that thing is a powerhouse! maybe the 1282 as well. Oh well,see ya'all in springtime. Don't know that I could host an event on my place any longer,it is only 40 acres under plow,you guys and girls would finish it in no time flat and start turning under my lawn etc.(grin!) Would be fun though,a mix of black Wi dirt,gravel hills and some sticky clay for variety.

Travis,may the smoke be with ya!! That 1772 sure looked great on those pics! And you guys running 169's,what can I say! Keep the pix coming! See ya soon!

Jim, a couple people asked if you were coming. I had to put some smoke in the air for ya ;-)

Keep the pics coming guys. I know there were more pics taken than that. Email them to me, Charlie, or Kraig to get them on here if you don't know how.

Back