• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 17, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris-Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe thats a 3 point off a Sears Garden tractor.

Chris, Ryan is correct, that is a Sears CAT-0 3 point lift adapted to fit onto a Cub Cadet.

Finally got my QA42A that's been sitting for 15 years all apart. Now I have a few questions:

1) I don't have spacers 14 & 8 on the parts diagram below. Can anyone tell me the size of these, and explain where they go so I can make some new ones.

2) What is the purpose of clip #23 on the diagram.

3) The bearings will not come off the end of the auger. I can't turn them or budge them. Is there any reason I can't just take a cutting wheel to them and cut them off?

4) Does anyone have a picture of the bottom of their snow blower. Mine has rusted into dust so I will be shaping and welding in a some new pieces. On the bottom, it appears there is a flat piece underneath the curved "inner" part of snowblower. Does this flat piece extend all the way to the cutting edge?

Many thanks

231809.jpg

James,#8 spacers(4) go between front & gear box brackets to allow for belt adjustment- tighten/loosen 4 carriage bolts (3/8x 1 1/4") to secure drive belt.The spacer dimensions are id = 0.40", od = 0.55",height = 0.25". I don't have clip...parking standard ??

James, I believe item #23 is a retaining clip to prevent item # 11, the belt tension adjusting wing, from loosening. Item #12 is the parking stand clip.

Charlies seats are conforming to the new environmental standards, even cubs are going <font color="119911">GREEN</font> <font color="000000">these days haha
biggrin.gif
</font>

The Correct Police stopped by today. Didn't say a word, just walked away shaking their heads. I think it was the JD steering wheel spinner that did the trick!
231812.jpg
happy.gif

My turn, eh, Don T.?
happy.gif

Back