• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 17, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike P.
Buy it, you'll like it. I have had several 100's over the years, the first CC I owned was a 100 and I'm working on one now. The biggest problem with them, or any narrow frame model, is that it is harder to get to the driveline if any repairs are needed (wide frames are easier to get to with the removable tunnel cover). Over the years I have owned about every model except the red ones, but still like the 100's the best. I will say I don't use the ones I have as much as most people do, other than mowing and a little yard work, and don't have a lot of room to store many (there are 6-7 here now)so they come and go, but there is always a 100 here or if not I am looking for one to replace one that may have just left. There's just something about a 70/100......

As Paul said, 100's hold a special place in the heart....I grew up on one, using it to mow, haul my friends around in the cart, and like a farm kid's "go-cart"......I have one in my shed with all of the options
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I have a 1450 that I'm preparing for winter. The last time i used it I noticed the Snow thrower had very little clearance from the ground when raised all the way up. Approximately 1 inch total clearance. Is there a way to adjust the height of the hydralic lift or check the fluid. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Michael, I would make sure you have the correct lift rod, and make shure the height adjustment knob isn't moved so that it stops it from raising all the way up. Go Here and in the third pic down you can see the adjustment knob.

Mike P.,
If you find an "O",a 70, or a 100 for a decent price, GET IT! They are not making them any more and most of them are being torn apart and sold piece by piece. The 70 and the 100 would make a better work tractor than the O, but any one would make a good collector's piece. These are the first cub cadets ever made, and in my opinion the best.
231780.jpg

Mike-I have three 100's 4 Originals, and a 70. And out of the 20 tractors I have they are the ones that get worked the most. I think they are one of the best styled series, and very easy to work on. If I was you Id snag it up fast. And if you dont like it, theres always resale value!

Can't go wrong with the 70/100 machines. Out of the half dozen I have they are the most reliable, and get used the most. Not fast, or quiet, but you can't beat the style factor of running one around the yard.
231792.jpg

Yep, IMO the 70/100 was the first REAL CC, drt type clutch, oil wetted disc brake, all gear drive with no belts except for the S/G belt. The design was the best ever for a garden tractor, Guess that's why IH kept the basic design the rest of the years they built CC's. Durable little machines, and talk about parts interchangability. Some of the later tractors had some nice features, like the quick attach for the mule drive, blade, snow blower but it's not hard to install that stuff on a 70/100. They make a GREAT mowing tractor because of the slower 2nd gear. The later gear drives with the faster second are really too fast in 2nd except in perfect conditions. Never had a CC with the intermediate speed 2nd gear so don't know how they work.

Glad I got Dad's old 70 he bought new back in '65, traded a '63 O for it. Tractor has been over a LOT of ground in it's 46 years.

Joe Zimmerman,

I haven't messed with any lights yet, but I have researched putting lights on my 1250. There are several 4 1/2" sealed beam lamps. Even some different variations on the GE 4411. There are "spots" and "floods" as well as "tractor" lights that are supposed to have a trapezoidal light pattern. These are supposed to provide more light closer to the tractor. Any chance you have the wrong lamps or they are upside down?

Brian-I noticed you have a "lawn rake" (thats what I call it) for that 70 of yours. I just got one with my Original a few weeks ago...might be a ridiculous question but...what do you use it for? I really dont know much about them.

Charlie, keep it up there for a while, I'm not ready for snow yet. I have some gardening to finish up.

Mike, even though the 125 is my favorite Cub Cadet I would like someday to have a 70/100. It is one of the best looking Cub Cadets.

Charlie, I'll second Mike's call for photos. I know you don't let any Cub Cadets set outside so if there's snow on any of them your roof must have leaked...

worthless.gif

Kraig,
Actually there's 2 Cubs setting outside right now, but they are parts tractors.
1250 seat
231799.jpg

And the backhoe nose,
231800.jpg

231801.jpg

Charlie, what? With all the shed space you have why do you have two setting outside? BTW, the seat needs weeding, I see a dandelion. Reminds me of the seat on the Hydro 80 I once had.

231803.jpg

saw this picture over in the sand box

can someone explain the rear lify on this ?

231806.jpg

i assume it is a 3 point off of something just wondering what?

Back