• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick-

Swapping a tranny from a 482 to a 782 would be one instance where going to the geardrive would be a step backwards. The 482 has the Peerless tranny that is beltdrive...think 1100...in '82 series sheetmetal.

Steve- I will be there unless you cancel on Thursday.
happy.gif

...little slow...

(Message edited by rmull on October 17, 2004)

Muh-ha-ha! Steve has become one of the few, the chosen, the GEARHEADS!

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

...582 tranny to make the upgrade...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Ryan,

I've always been both...I have 5 tractors (as of today), 4 are running.

2 gear drives (100/120, and 128/148)

and 2 hydros 149 & 169

129 will eventually become a 2129 Loader tractor.

I like the hydros for most jobs, but I won't pass 100% judgement until after I get my 148 done this winter.......PD next spring will be the unveiling of that beast!!!

I might bring the 100 over to PD for a good hard pull before it gets the Haban.

Matthew, Good luck. I've had one in that shape for 2 or 3 years! Shame on me!
sad.gif

Just need to put it at the top of the list~
happy.gif

Ryan-
At least he didn't say, "582 Special". If he did, we would'a had to give him one of these...
bash.gif

Kent-
How would one have found out about Harold Schramm's auction in the first place? <font size="-2">Guess it's a moot point now anyhoo....</font>

Matthew,

Looks like a MWSC clutch....did you make the required mods to the T/O arm to make up for the extra leverage required to push in the clutch????

Get crackin' on the assembly...ask for a pass out of study-hall!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I went to pick up a Cat-0 Brinly Blade for Ryan Mull today and saw an equipment yard with one of these for sale:
22254.jpg

"Um.....Honey? I kinda bought a tractor today..."
uhoh.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on October 17, 2004)

Doh! Didn't realize the Peerless was in the 482. It's for my BIL in KY. His 782 just dropped the Hydro today and he'd called and asked.

Good to know that the WF gear box will fit. That makes his repair options much better.

(I was thinking about being a bad boy and tell him just to get a new tractor... that way I can get my hands on that 782
happy.gif
)

Art,

Somebody broke out a wheel center in that 2+2......AFAIK most 2+2's came with the style on the rear, and they shouldn't have been mismatched.

Steve-
I never noticed that different wheel center, not that I would have known it was "wrong" anyway, but I never noticed it either.

I just kept trying to think of a justification for owning it on my two-acre estate!
happy.gif

Matt,

Looks like a great job on the clutch parts, you've done a lot of work to that machine in a short time.....keep hittin' it hard if you plan on plowing with it this weekend!!!

Art- the answer is...

You've got just enough space to PARK it... (but probably not quite enough to turn it around... (without unhitching the scraper!).

Anybody coming through the Dayton, Ohio area en-route to Peoria? I've got some 3-point parts that need to get toted my-way...

Thanks for the pics on that grader. My gravel driveway is 120 foot long, and dad's is alot bigger, and both are kinda ugly. Sounds like that may be a nice winter project. Probably will require a dedicated cub, so I suppose I better buy another one!

TORIN - Haven't seen You here for a LONG time. I made a belly blade for My 72 20 yrs ago.... Bolts onto the mule drive in place of the mower deck. Angles to three positions each way, 42" wide made from an old cutting edge from a road grader.... Works great for leveling packed crushed rock, loose dirt, and anything in between. Mine quick-attaches with just four 1/2" bolts so it only takes a minute or two to attach/detach. If I really want to make it dig I just stand on top of the blade and I can erally make it roll dirt! Plent of rear ballast helps.Ohhhh AND ART - I think You REALLY need that 2+2 & scraper.... Worry about parking it AFTER You get it home.....

Art- I have 3 times the acreage you do, and the barn to store the 2+2...and my wife won't let my buy on either!

Steve- You said upgrade...
happy.gif
Everybody sees it, you said upgrade from hydro to geardrive! Muh-ha-ha! (I have 6 geardrives <font size="-2">and 3 hydros.</font>)

Ryan,

You're still on strong medication aren't you......

Yeah, I said upgrade...of course anything would be an upgrade from 482 parts!!!! I suppose I should have told him that a hydro from the aforementioned tractor series would also work to replace his bad one, and would probably be cheaper too!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Everytime Ryan says "Muh-ha-ha", I fall out of my chair laughing because I say the same thing.....now knock it off Ryan!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve/Charile/Anyone else who cares-
Is there a "rain date" for this event, or more importantly, an agreement that we could have, if nothing else, some sort of a B.S./cookout session? I've got a list a mile long of items that I'll be dropping off and picking up for myself and other people. This "weather-thing" kinda puts the damper (if you'll excuse the pun) on any business deals!

Latest posts

Back