• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 17, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thanks. Travis and Company: You did an outstanding job of organizing this event. Had a blast. Thanks to all for the wheel weights too.

Thanks to Travis and Dee. It's been a busy week for them. Now they can relax.
It was nice to see and talk to folks again.

Art, thanks for the set-up tip.

This just in from KIMT TV-3

Wow, was that awesome, or what??? Only bad part is that it's over!!

We plowed roughly 42.5 acres.

Thank you to everyone for showing up and making it happen!!

Ryan was on the local news driving MY tractor!!

Thanks to Big Bob for bringing my camper!!

Wes, I forgot to tell everyone to stay away from the grove. He ripped trees out of there two years ago ;-)

Dennis,
Actually i tried to make the hill a few times. Eac time the right wheel would loose traction and spin. I then tried going up backwards. The oposite side spun. I then tried frontwards again this time I rocked side to side and noticed one side then the other would break loose. weird very weird.. I finally picked a diferent line and made the hill. Tomorrow morning I will jack her up and start yankin on those wheels to see what I can see.
To clearify, there should be no give from one wheel to the other during a slip condition? how about making tight turns? Should I expect to seeing the ground getting a little chewed up on the inside wheel like posi?
lastly, plow day sounds like it would be a blast. I would love see that sometime.

Jeez, Charlie.

While I was typing you posted. Seems we did some thing like this once before.

Dennis, the news had a close-up of you plowing. I'm going to try to get the story to Kraig to get on the video.

BTW, the Fire Dept made out very well for the fundraiser. Thank you to Wyatt for donating the wheel weights (won by Jim Bailey). The exact numbers are not in yet, but I will find out. On behalf of the Rockford Fire Dept THANK YOU!!!!

I had a great time today......thanks Travis & Dee!

It was very nice meeting everyone. Boner.....I was glad to help.....after all I had to follow you.

12981.jpg

12982.jpg

Big Bob trying out the diesel.

12983.jpg

Tom Peters having fun

Dan, Sounds to me like you have a traction problem, not a axle or diff problem. I it was a axle problem, it wouldn't spin as you described.

Get you some good tires and/or add some weight, and it would probably do alright.

(Message edited by Latherton on October 18, 2003)

Any takers on why they call him "Big Bob"?? Really a nice guy to boot. He brought me a camper from Michigan. I owe him bigtime!!

Dee-
I'd like to thank you for all the crap you put up with from Travis and Charlie over the past few weeks. Everybody else can thank Traivs and Charile, but I know you really did all of the work with those two bums around.
happy.gif

Seriously, really a great job for all those who were involved in the planning and set up. What a fantasic and well-planned out day!

Gadget-
Thanks for workin' with me, looks like you made it home safe with that trailer. <font size="-2">Dang, you must drive fast!!!!</font>

(Message edited by aaytay on October 18, 2003)

Travis, I was about to dial 911! I saw all that smoke at the other end of the field and thought there must be a serious fire. Call the Rockford Fire Dept., I thought! Then they pulled out with sirens blaring! I 'd guess the smoke was your tractor, where was the fire?
happy.gif

P.S.
I may have the time frame slightly mizxed up here! ") I was kind of busy with 6 tractors, etc...
happy.gif

Hey you guys who plowed at PD6! Remember the guy who was runniing around on my Blue & White "Lets Go Cubs" 123? He was my Brother-in-Law and got some really great photos of you and lots of the action in the field! I've got 129 Hi Res photos on a CD from today's PD6!
happy.gif
Just watched a slide show of them on me wife's new Flat Screen computor! Bryon, He's got a really great shot or 2 of you! I can't do justice to them trying to post the photos here so am sending it to Kraig. Hope Kraig will be able to include them and give Dale "my brother-in-law" some well deserved credit!!! You won't believe the quality of these photos! They are over 29" wide!

Travis & Dee: congratulations on putting on a great Plow Day and glad more people got sunburned plowing. I know everyone attending had a good time.

Dan M.: You might try chains, AG tires or dual wheel when going up steep hills.

Where's the pictures of the M&W special?

(Message edited by wdeturck on October 19, 2003)

Sounds and looks like plow day was a huge success. Can't wait for the video! While you all were having the time of your life plowing in Iowa, I was having an OK time getting ready to plow in Indiana. I took off the shredder and started putting fluid in tires by the gravity method. Plastic tubing, funnel, etc. Slow enough, but worked fine -- however I was surprised that I could only get 4 gallons in. I've got 23 - 8.5 x 12s. By the end of the 4th gallon it was wanting to blow it back out, so I replaced the valve stem and aired it up. 4 is better than 3, but I thought it would hold 6-8! Any other experience? Oh - I have tubes in them, so in putting in fluid I am filling the tube at its "uninflated" size. ??

After that I did get to plow a little, but not quite 40 acres.

CJM

DAN M. - I think Larry & Wm. are correct. You have a traction problem. With the right tire/wheel equip. You should be able to drive straight up a hill You can't even begin to walk up. With the open Diff. the wheel with the least traction spins and You stop. Short of welding up the differential and making a "LINCOLN LOCKER" chains or ag tires is the best solution. IF You had a locker it would be tough to make tight corners. CHARLES M. - 23-8.50's and 4 gallon sounds about right. You only want them filled to just the top of the rim or a little more. 75% is what the books all show. If the tire/tube was already inflated once before You filled them with fluid I'd say there's no chance of You not having them full enough. LOOKS Like BIG BOB needs an SGT for the next plow day! And it's sure easy to tell where TRAVIS was at.

Back