• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfreeman

displayname
Ken Freeman
Harry,

My 782 has a similar sticker to yours, and it is smeared in much the same way. The first Canadian number is 1975 and a little bit of the Australian numbers are readable. I will get you a picture tomorrow, unless you get it figured out first.

Harry,
Out of 9 QL's settin around here, ONE had the right decal for ya.
247062.jpg

My neighbor calls and says his 129 has "cooked" the S/G. He brings it over and I install a known working S/G and it starts and runs well except it is now putting out 16.7+ volts at the battery.

Is this a V/R issue?

I'm thinking I will just put another V/R on it and see what that does but if someone knows what the problem might be I'd like to hear.

Thanks In Advance!

Wayne sure sounds like the VR needs adjusting

Wayne - I had a similar problem on my 122 when I bought it.

My guess is that the voltage cutout relay is welded closed. Take the cap off the regulator. The voltage cutout is the one on the right if you're looking at the contact side.

On mine the starter would run but not charge. The field coil on the S/G was fried but the armature was OK.

I think the S/G failure could have easily been caused by the welded cutout contact.

Lee

Hey Charlie - thanks a TON for getting a pic of the patent decal. Your friends "down under" will thank you as well.

Wayne: Could be as simple as a bad connection to the VR - check the ground to it..

Thanks guys-

I'll get to it tomorrow and check out all ideas. We had rain again today and lately it only comes in buckets.

Gerry, I did check the ground first thing but just a visual check. I'll do that first thing tomorrow to make sure things are clean and tight.

Keith, I believe that is the standard engine sticker on the k341 made for the QL series 1650

I thought the sticker on a stock engine was more on the flywheel shroud and this seems like its over the head and may be a replacement motor or then again it may not meen anything

Thanks, this is the only decal i can find on the engine. The serial no. decal seems to be missing.

You may be right on the replacement engine. I don't know the history of this tractor and I can't track it down without a serial no.

The hour meter shows 180 hours and the tractor is show quality. Someone spent a lot of time on this or simply didn't use it. Kind of strange the engine would be a replacement. I guess there isn't any way to find out though. I'm just going to enjoy my 1650 cub and not worry about it.

Keith,
If you are looking for the tractor serial number, it is on a data plate on the left frame rail by the brake pedal. The engine serial will have nothing to do with the tractor serial number.

Keith that is a fantastic looking 1650, does it have front hydraulics?

post some pictures

No,it don't have any extra's . Just the mower deck which isn't the right one for this tractor. Its a 44c and i'm having trouble finding a drive belt the right length for it.

Dennis - You are correct, it was Danaher. For some reason, I was thinking that the Cresent rachet wrenches (and maybe open end wrenches) were Proto knock-off's.

IHCC Content:

Here are some pics of my Uncle's 122:

247077.jpg

247078.jpg

247079.jpg

247080.jpg

247081.jpg

247082.jpg

247083.jpg

247084.jpg

I was surprised to see the creeper, but no 3 point hitch on the rear. The mowing deck is the only attachment that I know of for this tractor.

Harry B - this ain't the label you are looking for, but this is what is on my 1650. Note it has a date on it.

247085.jpg

Evening, Fellas:
Anyone have a quick/easy way to check the balance of a mower deck blade after grinding on it?
Can I simply balance it at it's center hole on a ball-peen hammer?

Thanks! -- RWilke

Ryan-

Drive a 16d finish nail in a post. Hang the blade on the nail by way of the center hole. If it's out of balance you'll see it tilt to the heavy side.

Latest posts

Back