• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschmidt

displayname
Smitty
Mr. G- good one! Herding anything on a flatbed truck would be tough. LMAO

Well, I can do it but I sure can't explain it very well. ;-)
12909.jpg

By the way, before I get asked and can't answer, what brand weight is this? Each one weighs about 50+ pounds and has no cutout allowing for a valve stem on the outside of the rim. Thanks.

(Message edited by dschmidt on October 15, 2003)

Well, maybe I can't do it.
happy.gif

12911.jpg

Tedd said to start drinking and Mr. G said to get loaded. So what the heck!

(Message edited by dschmidt on October 15, 2003)

I hope John L. is adding another step to the 123 like remove Cub stickers.

I did the final checks on the cubs today. Topped off oils, checked air pressures, gather extra parts, gather small assortment of tools, filled fuel cans, and got trailer ready. Now I will load up Friday night and head out early Saturday morning.

Wyatt has donated a pair of wheel weights to the fire department to raffle off. 100% of the proceeds will go to the fire department. Tickets will be $1/ea or $5/???. Check at the foodbooth or registration table for tickets.

PLEASE sign in right away when you get there!!

Travis:
It's raining in Eastern Iowa right now. Have you had much/any rain up Nort' der? Are we still a go for Saturday?

Weather reports here look good Thursday afternoon thru the weekend but I'm finding that the "weather guessers" here are the worst I've ever seen. The guessers in NW Indiana had to deal with lake-effect issues and were still far better than our little pals @ local TV-6.

Give us the run down, por favor.

Love you long time, soldier boy.

Not to over step Travis,

Printable Forecast Daytime High /Overnight Low (°F) Precip. %

Today
Oct 16 Partly Cloudy 52°/30° 10 %
Fri
Oct 17 Partly Cloudy 57°/44° 0 %
Sat
Oct 18 Mostly Sunny 70°/48° 10 %
Sun
Oct 19 Sunny 77°/53° 0 %
Mon
Oct 20 Partly Cloudy 70°/47° 0 %
Tue
Oct 21 Partly Cloudy / Wind 54°/35° 20 %
Wed
Oct 22 Partly Cloudy 51°/32° 0 %
Thu
Oct 23 Mostly Sunny 64°/38° 0 %
Fri
Oct 24 Partly Cloudy 66°/33° 0 %
Sat
Oct 25 Partly Cloudy 63°/36° 10 %

KEITH - No good weather guessers in the Q-C's in the last 20 yrs IMHO....3-4 local stations and the Only one worth while watching is Channel 12, Iowa Public Broadcasting. Get a little dish and watch the Weather Channel..... They're only wrong 75% of the time!

What's up with the "CCspecialties" site? I ordered a part yesterday, but have no idea if it's coming and how it's paid for, or when it's coming. Worse than that, the site has NO contact phone #?????. I got an email conf. that I ordered it, but have no idea when it's coming, or how it's paid for. Any help?

Tom R,
#1- Read my response to your post from yesterday.Here's what I posted to your question.

"Tom R.
Try again, there was a hitch in the getalong on the site, It's fixed now though."

#2- You ever think about sending him an email! His email address in on every page!

#3- Do you think that an open forum is the place to post your questions with problems with one of the sponsors site's!

#4- Read your email, I've sent you 2 myself!

(Message edited by Cproctor on October 16, 2003)

Tom R. -

What Charlie said!

Right there on the main page of their site is a link that says E-Mail Us!

Now that you know how to e-mail Travis (unless we have to click the link for you), you can take your issue off the Open Forum and take it to e-mail.

And it wouldn't surprise me if he's a bit slow to respond this week, I'd venture to guess that the HOST of Plow Day 6 this Saturday is a tad busy...
wink.gif

One Crashed computer, One hurricane Isabel, 8 days 4 hours with out electricity and I have a couple of questions.

Has anyone seen a post from Frank Watson, anywhere?

And Thanks for whoever directed me to find the mpegs of the plow day, (Don V?). I needed one of those to send to a Porsche motorhead at work. My kid gets the computer back up and what do I see, a Porsche Diesel tractor on the forum!

I also have a question about the Cylinder head bolts on a Quietline. I tore the head off before the hurricane and now am unsure about the reassembly on the bolt 4 which is a stud. When I took it off it was a nut on Top of a washer, spacer, washer, bracket, washer. I do not have a parts list(yet, still). This doesn't seem right and I'm not sure about the torque through all that and if I have to move the bracket after torqueing? Does anyone know if this is right or should the nut go on first to torque the head down?

Dave

Tom R, on top of that, I've sent you two emails. This isn't really the place to be discussing it. In case you haven't gotten your mail yet, your pin plate is on the way. The reason there is no phone number is because a lot of people either forget that there are differences in time zones, or just don't care. I've gotten a phone call at 12:30 AM before!!

Thanks for your business.

Gov:
Your dang straight about Wrigleyville versus 35th st. . . .I keep coachin' my kids: "Now don't go east of the expressway when you can drive. . . ."

Tedd:
Nope. I'll have to pass on Plow day one more year. I have the plow from Ken that you got for me and it works GREAT in my garden (even without weights). The 124 pulls it without using high throttle and I've got clay soil to boot. I'm still lacking a trailer which I hope to buy this spring (if Frau will let me). (I gotta go easy on her b/c she just let me buy an 12 gauge O/U so I'll bring up the trailer later this winter AFTER Christmas). I quietly admit that I chose trap shooting over the plow day for one more year.

All:
Please allow me one last OT Cubs (Baseball) comment and then I'll shut up: It was a great year to be a baseball fan in Chi. Both teams were contenders into Sep. I'm more disappointed in the Sox than Cubs b/c the south siders were supposed to be there this fall. Cub fans should be very appreciative of the fact that their team was one of the best four teams in Major League Baseball. Whoever doesn't get this should move to Detroit.

Keith, sun is out here. The ground is sooooo dry here that it could rain 2 inches today, and wouln't affect Saturday at all. As far as I can tell, IT'S A GO!!!!

Ray L. -

I just hate having to service our installations at CFD or CPD - they're both on 35th, CFD a block west and CPD a block east of the green line.

"Whoever doesn't get this should move to Detroit." - so should the guy that grabbed the foul ball
lol.gif

Gov:
Yikes. I bet you just love it during the winter when the days are shorter. . .
bazooka.gif

Back