• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 14, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Nice 109 Charlie.
Did someone give that to you?
lol.gif

OK, one more time....

It appears there is a bushing in the hole for the pulley input shaft.
It also looks like there is a slot for an o-ring.
Is this correct?
1a_scratchhead.gif

This hole:

317715.jpg

Where this shaft goes:

317716.jpg

Attachments

• 317716.jpg
    317716.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 317715.jpg
    317715.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 137
Marty, get hold of Dave Calkins and Harry.
They walked me through the restoration of mine that I put on the 126 2 years ago.
There is a seal that goes in there. They suggested 2 small seals but beware you do not plug the return hole, you should be able to see it there.
Even then, mine still seeps a bit, so I keep a "diaper" on it when in storage.

Yesterday, with the 108.
Question now is, what to do with them.
1st time I have saved any. Squirrels will be pissed off for sure, but they have had TONS of acorns to stash!!
I hope they are good.
Gotta figure some way to get 'em hulled and dried out enough to do something with.

317719.jpg

Attachments

• 317719.jpg
    317719.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 161
Marty-

I believe what you are referring to is a grease/oil seal. It's the one part I can't afford to give away when I send anyone an o-ring set for the pump system. I have found them on an auction sight and even cross referenced them at Napa. I can't remember the p/n though.

Also, I have witnessed people using two of these seals simultaneously.

I'll check the ones I have for the p/n.

Marty-

I checked and found a p/n written on the baggie containing my seals for the hydraulic pump shaft.

It's 1722038.

You might be able to have the seal cross referenced over the phone at a local auto parts store.

Narrow Frame Hydraulic pump Shaft & Gear Assembly Seal PN/ IH-347478-R91
317721.jpg

Attachments

• 317721.jpg
    317721.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 139
Son picked up a couple S/G's this AM at a swap meet.
#'s 1101974 and 1101694. Both are black and NOT shown in the list posted in the FAQ
Anyone have any idea what they might be for or fit??

David,

Spread those walnuts out and let them dry till the shell turns dark and dry. It will take several months.

I am going to try and get the "seal" out of the hyd. pump. It looks nothing like what is in Charlie's pic.
Will post a pic later.

If my Delco-Remy book is correct, they are both 12V-10A-CW
And both are obsolete.
Only thing I see they would fit would be Cushman and or other golf carts, and the oddball riding lawn mower.
I only looked up the 1101974.

Marty G.
The OEM seals are not like the pic I posted.
My pic is the replacement.
I spent 2 hours on the phone one day trying to get those jerks to sell OEM parts for our lifts and they would not.

Well now that I think about it, "fender right side"

317732.jpg

Marty,

Even w/ the cost of that o-ring "seal" ,,,, $60 bucks for a nf hydro pump w/ no jooo'ing involved....

EXCELLENT score!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• 317732.jpg
    317732.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 151
Got this this morning at an auction. I got first choice out of a line of push mowers, and a few other tractors. It was $55.00, with the snow thrower. When I went to pay the clerk said $110.00. I didn't argue, just paid the extra.

I worked with the seller when I worked at the dealership 40 some years ago.

I probably hauled this one from the warehouse in Louisville when it was new.

It has a K 301 engine in it.

Danny

317737.jpg

317738.jpg

317739.jpg

Attachments

• 317739.jpg
    317739.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 317738.jpg
    317738.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 317737.jpg
    317737.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 136
nice score on the 86, but upgrade that muffler for a 301

Hadn't thought about that. It needs new battery cables. Someone torched the battery box to put a side post car battery in it. It will give me something to work on for a while.

Got some seat time:

317742.jpg

Had to "rearrange some furniture to get here". Out of the Sandbox, now. This 149 came from a junkyard. Its saving grace right now is that it steers like it has power steering. I added the ags, weights, and front tri-ribs - and Charlie led me to the oil drain plug that it needed. She uses oil like crazy but she's a worker - and, oh, her name is Sandy.
happy.gif

Attachments

• 317742.jpg
    317742.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 181
Frank,
So what's the name of that piece of "furniture" on the far right side of your pic,,, ?
happy.gif

Seat Time on a 149
thumbsup.gif

-----------------------------------------

Jeff,
Hey how's it Goin man,,,
Any seat Time Lately,,,
beerchug.gif

------------------------------

Danny,,

Looks all original and in pretty darn good shape,,,
I wouldn't argue @ $110 either,