• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 14, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,

A new discovery concerning the new hydro-stat valves. They only "sputter" a little out the top vent holes when trying to use the messed up rear lift control valve. Why would they do that? They don't leak at all otherwise.
I guess I have to try and disassemble the shuttle valve and see if I can find anything wrong with it. Have you ever opened one of these up?

I now truly believe that the hydro-stat valves are fine and take back everything I thought and said in regards to the seller. A thousand apologies! (My bad, a cub newbie, hides face)

Jim L.
I've never had one go bad, and to be honest, I don't remember anyone that has.
But I'm sure someone will chime in if they have.

I've only encountered stuck hydro lift valves, some penetrating oil and strong arm force in a vice and all is well. Was that way in #1-1450 when my buddy bought it, got it moving after soaking overnight.
Josh, Marlin, and Jason, well pics came in and all are in pieces or been sitting out for years. I'm going to how many will fit on the double axle trailer! You can always make more money!!

Jason, open that baby up this winter! I've had a few apart, had outsourced machining, and put back together and they even ran!! Lol. A good caliper and inside/outside micrometres will be needed. I borrowed mine....
Got the cozy cab unloaded today at dad's, he's got a 3 car garage...
Will be putting inside this weekend, I got front wheels soaking, they are stuck! I had to give full power/forward on 1450 pulling DOWN the ramps! Like having the brakes always on.
310115.jpg

Thanks Charlie for shirt too!! I love getting parts!

Attachments

• 310115.jpg
    310115.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 310115.jpg
    310115.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 120
Honestly Jim, you may just want to remove and check out valve on bench. I've seen internal failures but only on industrial machinery

You know Jason, I may have too many projects. Ohio ain't that far from Illinois...

Charlie and Earl,

Thanks for your replies. I think I'll do what you described Earl.
I'm going to keep it wet with some rust dissolving penetrant oil and keep working the shuttle in/out and see how it goes.
(Maybe with some light hammer taps)

I noticed when looking at the exploded view parts diagram that it's supposed to have a cover that screws into the bottom end, which covers the end of the shuttle. Mine is missing which leads me to believe that it could have some rust built up in there preventing full travel of the shuttle.

I'd take the darned thing out of there, but it looks like I'd have to remove the dash console after removing the steering wheel, choke and throttle cables, etc.
I may have to replace it if it's to far gone. I've seen some used on feeBay, one for $34.00, so they're available.

I'll try to post some pics and or let you know what I find out when this is solved.

Thanks again for all your help!

Jim L.
You can get 'em out w/o all the removal of the wheel & dash parts. Access trough the tunnel after the cover is removed and ahead of the dash after the front panel is removed.

It's a bit of a PITA, kinda messy as you will drip hydro oil on everything at first from the disconnected hoses, but it can be done. worse part is the 7/16" nuts and the tiny spacers on the U bolts. DON'T LOOSE EM!!

I have 2 1450's w/dual hydro that both had those problems and more as none of the valves would move due to rusty inner and outer levers seized up. One of them still does! These rigs were not meant to sit out in the weather.

Marlin -

Wholly Smokes!!!

This is just a "guess",,, but your profile pic may be a little dated?,?,?, LoL
I see Fancy is "STILL" enjoying the cubby rides,,,
happy.gif
happy.gif

Congratulations on the giant load of parts headed your way,,,,
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129