• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 14, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am ready for it, got the blower on the 3235 and the plow on the 102, let it come.

OK, since we're doin nothin else, it's time to pick on Lonny!
Your gonna PLOW snow?
Or are ya gonna push snow with your front blade?

Nope, I gona blow snow off the garden so
I can plow it again this fall.
than put on the back blade to leval the garden to have a place to use the snow/ dirt blade next
spring.

(Message edited by lbuttke on October 15, 2004)

I had thought about waiteing until the snow was deep enought to go out and try plowing to but thought the neighbors might call the men with the funny white coat and haul me away.

See, I do know the difference between a plow (dirt)and a blade (snow or dirt), however up here you never knopw which one you will get to use first this time of the year. So its better to be prepaired for both.

But feel free to pick on me if you want, I got big shoulders and can handle the burden if any.

Lowe's has a Cub Cadet lawn sweeper that tows behind a lawn tractor for $179.00. The sweeper brushes look kind of chintzy. They also have a box blade that attaches to a sleeve hitch for $199.00. Would it hook up to the tubular hitch on the back of my 100? Anyone had experience with either one of these?

Johhny S,
Dunno about those sweepers, I use this one.
22213.jpg

The Brinly blades don't do to bad IMHO, Here's mine I bought from Art.
22214.jpg

Charlie - It is pick on Art not Lonny month!!!!!!! But then anytime is a good time to pick on Art. LOL

With Plow Day coming up and the opportunity to see different tractor's in action (at least for those close enough to make it), I thought it would be interesting to hear everybody's thoughts on which model(s) of Cub Cadet(s) you think were the best ever built. If you were only allowed to own 1 or 2 (OH NO!), which would they be - and WHY?

As a new CC enthusiast, I have appreciated the wealth of experience among the members of this forum.

Be easy on each other now....

A 122 with creaper and or a 123 would be my choices of IH cubs, a 3000 series MTD cub.

Bets all around working tractor- 1450
Best all around yard work/tilling tractor- 147
Best all around showin tractor- Original
Best all around neat tractor to own- 100

I'm biased to the 127's. My dads survived my teenage years. The ag tires and 2 sets of weights made the dirt fly, it was fast too. -Bri

(Message edited by balbrecht on October 15, 2004)

Tedd I- I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on your statement about the '82 rules. I own two QL's and 2 582's and all 4 are darn good tractors IMHO. Eventhough my 1450 fought me at coming back to life. I would say WF's rule and NF's drool!!!!

As much as I love the power my 169 cranks out, I'd have to say that the best all-around solid dependable work tractor is a 149.

If I were only mowing with a Cub I would probably look for a twin, 782, 1811/12 etc., but it seems to me that the xx8/9 series is the true brute force work horse in the Cub Cadet line.

And I will also agree.....nothing quite like a decked out 100 either!!!!!!

Fortunately for me, I own a decked out 100, 149, 169, 128 (soon to be 148) and a 129 (soon to be 2129 loader tractor)...........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

No question...
22219.jpg

1872!
It'll pull a 12" Brinly plow like it's not even behind you, the 60 Haban deck saves lots of time mowing my 2 acres and makes the grass look great, and with a #450 snowblower on the front I could blow snow up onto the roof of my house if I wanted to. <font size="-2">That snowblower makes me giggle like a two-year-old everytime I use it!</font>

All of that is accomplished with the comfort of power steering, front hydro outlets, and turning brakes.

For a "from the IH factory" tractor I'd say a 169, the 1572 and 1772 or a 2072 wouldn't be bad either. My 169's no lightweight, I've pulled a single 16 just over 8" deep, that was in so. WI, so it wasn't river valley thick soil, but it wasn't a sandbox either.

For plowing, about any gear drive with hydraulic lift is nice, I've pulled a 10" plow (old Brinly "floating one holer" with a 7hp tractor (PD2??) and it did fine, I'd think a 100 with hydraulic lift and a 12hp engine would be pure joy . . . or like I'm building out of all OEM parts (with exception of the engine) a round-fendered gear drive with a hot K321, hydraulic lift, and 3 plowing gears.

Back