• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 14, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
To add to Richards comments...

Follow the roll pin removal procedure EXACTLY....

Hydro repair isn't "hard", but it's not for those who can't turn a wrench. Be carefull and folow the manual.
happy.gif

Have not heard, Wyatt, will you be at Steve's PlowDayn with your Wheatland Special? If you are, I'm coming for sure!!!

I almost flipped my 129 while yanking on a busted tree limb trying to get it down!
What tire sizes are correct for an original?

Talked to someone that has a 582 hydro tonight at school. He said he bought it for $50.00 but the hydro don't work. He says that it works ok but when the oil gets warm it slows way down and stops. Is this an easy fix, or is this a total rebuild?

TIA!

Jim

First thing is a Hydro Hy-tran fluid and filter change. Made a world of difference on my 682.
Though I thought a 582, was a gear jamer?

Wyatt 6:30 sounds good to me.

(Message edited by till on October 15, 2004)

John-
The Cub Cadet I've been building isn't done yet, since Labor Day weekend when, as Spock would say Fecal matter impacted the axially rotating blades I haven't had the time. It was a stretch that the tractor would have made it anyways.

Whatever the tractor's called- Cub Cadet 141, the Wheatland, El Oso, The Horror of Horicon, . . . . will make it to a future Plow Day, but not Plow Day 8.

Tedd -

I may be wrong (big surprise) but I think the 582 is gear and the 582 Special is hydro?

Iron Skillet at 6:30?? I suggest 6 am. Need to allot plenty of "tech talk" time before leaving, and if Dunham is late, he can get stuck with the bill.......

I'll do 6:00, I figure I'm sleeping somewhere along the way in the pickup on the way anyways . . .

582 = IH 3 speed tranny

582 Special = Peerless 4 speed (think of it as a 482 with a big engine)

Remind anybody of the 856 "Custom" program?????
happy.gif
happy.gif
Cheapen'um up to make'um sell.....

(Message edited by sblunier on October 15, 2004)

582 Special tranny has the Peerless as Steve said. I'll add that the 1st gear was a "granny" 1st. Kind of a poor-man's creeper if you will..

I'm guessing that's why they called it special..
crazy.gif

Kraig-
See.....? Leaving my place at 5:30 doesn't sound so bad anymore, does it?

<font size="+2">One week until Plow Day!!</font>
thumbsup.gif

The rumor mill is running rampent this morning with the news that Bryans Original just might be for sale, but I thought it might be worth mentioning just in case!
22188.jpg

Art,

Hang around older farmers for a while and you'll realize that 1st gear is "double low" in the larger grain trucks......2nd becomes "low", and 3rd/4th/5th become "high gears" or "road gears".......and you thought the Peerless was confusing!!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hello Guys. (Kraig)
Can anyone show me a couple of pics?
One on where exactly the bracket goes on an Original with a bb-36 snow blower. The bracket that engages the pto.
Second how exactly the belt goes on. I think I got it but I want to be sure. I don't have the FM.
sad.gif

Thanks!

Back