• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 14, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should be the idea setup for a Plow Day. Parking will be on grassy ground, and a LOT of it. Here's what the field did/does look like.
12881.jpg
12882.jpg

(Message edited by tschweizer on October 15, 2003)

Ray L. -

I like this one better...

12886.jpg

The guy just HAD to be a White Sox fan...

Paul Bell, sorry about that. Didnt mean to get them mixed up

(Message edited by jpierson on October 15, 2003)

Gov:
That guy's too geeky to be a Sox fan: strictly National League material. . . .
headphones.gif

Besides, every Sox fan knows the Cubs don't need help to self-destruct.

bash.gif

eww.gif

Just got another email!

"Mark me down for 1-AM31400 air filter and 1-AM39653 hydro filter as door prizes."

They just keep comin in!!!!!

Ray.. Man, Just when I got that 123 decked out for the cubs, they screwed up big! Suppose I jinxed 'em? Maybe I revived the Cubs ol' Billy Goat jinx!

I was a goat man you know!

See you guys Friday night or Saturday! It's looking good here!

Hey I just ordered a part from Travis of CC specialties. The site took my address, but didn't ask me for my Cred. Card #.... Is his stuff C.O.D. and does he have a contact phone #?

Looking for some engine information here guys...
Can anybody tell me about a Kohler engine replacement for the K-series engines that were referred to as "Magnums"? My mind always goes toward the twin-cylinder K17's or Mag 18's when I hear that term, but did it also apply to the K-series replacements as well?

Yes art,the Magnum single series were a replacement line for the older K series singles. They are currently produced in Mexico by Kohler I believe.

Have a question. I have a 14 hp in my 123 right now. I finally got a hydraulic setup that I am pleased with for the tractor. Question: Is there any way to make the drive pulley stick out farther on the back of the engine. The way it is right now, I would think the pulley is unusable. If this were going to be a forever fix, I would place a pulley on the drive shaft and be done with it, but I plan on putting a correct 301 in it this spring. Any thoughts. Here is a pic I took from ebay of the flywheel set up I have.
12889.jpg

and yes I realize this is 12hp not a 14 and that this engine is from a QL. . . just look at the flywheel shroud:eek:)

(Message edited by jluckey on October 15, 2003)

Jon- I am thinking you can put washers behind the pulley to space it out. . .will look at the motor in the shop and let you know.

Got my check list about finished for the cubs...
Currently have engine oil drained and just need refill with oil.
happy.gif
Have any of you tried filling wight a lighter grade oil and running a few minutes & draining again to kind of clean up the engine?
12892.jpg

Four weights on the land side wheel + 2 on furrow wheel should hold this old cub down, don't you think? It will be pulling a 10" Brinly.
beerchug.gif

John Lang,

I use Marvels Mystery Oil for the cleaning of the engine. I add about an ounce on every oil change and then also add some to the Gas. About an ounce or so for every five gallons of gasoline.

Leigh

Charlie, Your 169 looks great! I sure hope you don't break an axle with all that weight hanging out there!
wink.gif

Leigh, Thanks, I added a cap full of Marvels Mystery Oil to the fill of gas, seems someone mentioned that before. This is kind of a tired engine with refinished tin. I put in 1 qt. of Mobil Drive Clean 5W20 Motor Oil and ran the engine about 5 minutes and drained it out. Now I'm ready to fill with my 30W oil. I'll add an ounce of Marvels Mystery Oil as you suggested to the oil too. I use 30W in this engine year round, but don't use the tractor in the winter.

(Message edited by jlang on October 15, 2003)

(Message edited by jlang on October 15, 2003)

Charlie, Since you're posting your 169 photos over on the WFM site, maybe this is fair!
happy.gif

Yeah, I think I'm ready ! Try to keep up with this!
wink.gif

12899.jpg

Loaded and waiteing for Friday to come, heading south firday afternoon

Back