• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmoe

displayname
Kyle Moe
Myron,
How is it silly to have cake at an anniversary party? What kind and where it will be served would be up to whoever is supplying the cake. It could be sold as a fundraiser to offset costs, or to raise money for a charitable donation.

I've never seen a cub cadet aniversary cake. Might work good for my wedding cake. Its gonna have to be one heck of a big cakull size, a full size original in 3d would be pretty neat.

Kyle M: I wasn't referring to a cake. Ya missed the whole point....

Myron B

Myron,

Duh! I getchya now. I'm pretty good at missing the point.
whistling.gif

Last year, Ariens celebrated the anniversary of Gravely by giving away a factory restored Gravely 2 wheeled tractor from the 1950's in a sweepstakes. My suggestion is to somewhat copy what they did as far as the factory promoting the sweepstakes, and how they set their celebration into motion. As I recall, it was an event promoted and talked about for the better part of the year.

Can someone explain how the quick hitch springs work on a 149? My quick hitch does not have the springs anymore so it does not stay in the up position to lock the mule drive in place. I do not understand how the springs mount to hold up the small bar on the quick hitch. A picture of this installed would be excellent.
Thanks, Mark

Hhmmm.... been awhile since anyone posted on here. We surely don't want MTD to think that we've lost interest in the upcoming celebration.Ssooo.... let's see what an idle and mischievous mind can create.

Marketing ideas... Cake pans and cookie molds available at Cub Cadet dealers of the various models from throughout the years. Key chains of similar designs. Good quality merchandise for purchase at a reasonable price.

With today's hydrostatic transmissions and ease of manuverability... the old square dance routine of FARMALL tractor fame. Mix the garden tractors and the Zero turns. Put loaders on the CUT tractors and have them square dance and dismount the bucket from each tractor and have another tractor pick it up. (Idea there from Knoop Implement out of Traer, Iowa. They do it with skid loaders.)

Along with the Iowa State Fair Butter Cow.... MTD could sponsor a 50th anniversary... Butter Cub Cadet.... Now that should get some attention.

Okay... back to other nonsense elsewhere.
coffee.gif

Would never happen but it would be nice for them to make a visually identical Original. Same looks but heavier frame, longer wheelbase, wider track, ya know...the feel of an SGT. Seems all the rage is alternative fuels, not a bad idea, how bout a 14hp Kohler diesel, yes that means Kohler needs to jump on the wagon with this, wouldn't be that hard for them. Bio diesel is easy to make, even used fryin oil works great, a friend of mine runs used vegi oil in his Mercedes every day. As for gear drive vs. hydro.........I would like gear. Wouldn't that be shweet !

I know they would never do it but it would be awesome if they would break out the dies and molds for the 82 series tractors and make about 50 of them for the 50th and just use updated wiring and kohler engine. Maybe have a few be diesels. Heck I'd take out a loan just to buy one.

It really shouldn't be a stretch for MTD to make a gear drive for the 50th. And it doesn't need to be aerodynamic either. I don't like the sloped hoods and bulbous designs of most stuff now. It sure doesn't help fuel efficiency...

Ford brought back the Mustang.

Dodge brought back the Charger and now the Challenger.

Cub Cadet needs to BRING BACK THE GARDEN TRACTOR!!!
<font size="-2">Not this plastic aerodynamic stuff that looks like a spaceship!</font>

I agree, if Cub Cadet would take a chance and bring back something retro, I'd bet it would be a hit!

And I know just the model Cub Cadet that MTD should build....

Art, I was thinking the 149, what model were you thinking?
81236.gif

Back