• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 13, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$20 says you couldn't get the rest of us OFF of your SGT-DT!!!!!!!!

Art,

Me too....trailing or semi mounted on-land hitch 7-16's with the marker chain for the front weights would be way cool!!!!

(Message edited by sblunier on October 14, 2003)

Tom-Tell her not to bring them up then;o)

Going to Biketoberfest in Daytona. Grass is growing slow enough to take a weekend off and play with motorcycles!

Just back from my road trip/vacation. Slightly off topic but I'd thought I'd share. Left home on 10-04 and arrived at Rich P's in Pa to pick up my 1872 on 10-05. Arrived at my parents later the same day. 1872 coming off of trailer.
12834.jpg

Okay, Rich said there was an engine with it....
12835.jpg

Hmmm....no engine here...
12836.jpg

Engine rebuilt(Rich had it in pieces in a box) and after a bunch of parts, four new tires and a 3 point hitch the 1872 and not so pretty 1450 are all strapped down and ready to head to Florida.
12837.jpg

Got apples, potatoes and I welded up the Cadplans dump cart while I was there.
12838.jpg

These super garden tractors are getting harder and harder to find and I really wanted another one. It'll pull the dump cart nicely with 11 gallons of windshield fluid in each tire and 75 lb (not yet installed) wheel weights on each side.

Thanks Rich!

Art, I didn't take the Cubs to PD5, wasn't that in Huntington, IN? I did take the 122 to PD4 at Steve's, but didn't have the time to get it down out of the pickup. Having too much fun with my newer toys!
happy.gif
Guess it was just a back-up!
Yes, I'll get them all off the trailers this time I think, I'll need some help to drive some of them though!
happy.gif
We should be pulling in just after dark Friday night. Hope that pasture isn't too muddy! We got .66" rain here last night.

Tedd, why do you say "#11, Touch up blue paint again. "? Don't expect too much from the blue & white, It looks better in photos than up close!
happy.gif

Hi Guys,

The steering on my 109 is real sloppy and I plan to rebuild the steering box a-la FAQ directions. I was wondering, though, what is it that makes the steering sloppy? What parts wear out? Thanks for the info.

Ok, maybe someone out there can shed some light on this. I have what I thought to be a model 124.
(it says that right across the hood.) However, I noticed a picture in my manual that shows a 124 w/out head lights. My rig has headlights. I also have a flame cut hole were the gear shift lever comes through the frame. I can't seem to find the frame serial number per this website's direction. any ideas?
Dan

Ian C,
MAN! There's a bunch of guys here that would just love to jump on your questions but with kids watchin the site, we/I better not, grin

Dan M:
My 124 came w/out lights. I believe lights were an optional item back when they were new.
12840.jpg
, or, the PO took them off for some reason.

Ray-
I bet that garbage can with the "arms" on it works real slick...where can I get one?
;-)

Dan, Ray - Headlights were optional on most models of the Cub Cadet... In fact I would venture to say that ALL narrow frames (of which the 1x4/5 is) came standard WITHOUT lights. Get up into the Wide frames and I'm not so sure as I can't say I've every seen a 149 that DIDN'T have headlights! But that shouldn't imply that ALL wide frames came with headlights either, as my 108 did not. :) Gadget

Art, I will be bringing your old 80 to PD6. If ya want you can take it for a spin while I carefully watch over your SGT..........jumping into the back of my trailer! ;-) See you there.

Art - That's a "self emptying garbage can" (specifically engineered for men who are "garbage can challenged" ;-) Gadget

Gadget:
Whoa! Where you been? Let me guess, your a Cubs fan. . . .

Art:
At the age my kids are, they prefer to play in the garbage rather than help unload the garbage. . .

Dan M:
The serial # for my 124 is on the back of the transaxle housing near the left carrier. Can't really see it in this pic. It's not an embossed number, instead, it's a stamped tag attached to the transaxle. Could be that yours was removed by PO.

12844.jpg

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Art, I will be bringing your old 80 to PD6. If ya want you can take it for a spin...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

No thanks...
wink.gif

Gadget-
I know where there's a 149 with the one-headlight option!
;-)

Dan M:
I forced myself to learn how to draw a line on a photo. The blue circle indicates where the serial number lives.
12846.jpg

Back