• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 12, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Seeing that it's OTF I'll post this here.
happy.gif
When I got home from work this evening I noticed a white squirrel out under my bird feeder. Cute little bugger.

322991.jpg

322992.jpg

EDIT: Photos were taken through a window and screen so it's a bit blurry.

Kraig... Cute .. Looks like a girl. (that fancy tail)
Harry: IIRC, all I had to add was the S/G and PTO guts (drive hub and crank pulley for S/G came with it).

Speaking of S/Gs. I was sorting through my Cub file, I had a long time ago printed the "first 1000" messages (which you can still find on the front web page). What I never knew before or had forgotten was that while the Cub's Delco S/G rotates the wrong way, "foreign" Delco S/G's like for Green or other lawn tractors can be changed to rotate in the correct direction, per this guy David Kirk (Yup, the same LOL), by changing field winding locations in relationship to the brushes. I've never seen this referred to before. I was going to copy and paste David's complete comment, but since it's been 20 years, I'll wait and see if he's got any update on the procedure first. How about it, David?

Kraig, Mike, Charlie, Harry - You fellas know your chit. So I mowed again tonight - working great. But I’ll need to get the rubber “thingy” placed properly because it’s just stuffed in the housing for now...same with the clip. Thx guys. D

PS - the tractor is a monster. Love it.

Harry, that was for a complete replacement engine, just like the 12hp Charlie posted the pic of.....again, cost +10%....not retail..

Gerry - ignore Steve's last post
biggrin.gif

Don - thanks for putting me up to the level of Kraig, Mike and Charlie. Those guys are really good.

I have plans to go look at the 108 later today, but this also came up on my radar. Ad says it runs, but needs a "car battery" and "no cutting parts just plow". I actually would rather have a 100, but this has been for sale now for 30 days, so it might be gone already.

322998.jpg

322999.jpg

Terry, go for it. You'd be surprised. Tires are backwards, but seems decent

Terry - why not go for both of them <font size="+1">BUT</font> just what the heck is that at the top of your 2nd pic in the background? Look closely straight across from the top of the steering wheel. Looks sorta like someone took a nose-dive.

Harry,
Are you referring to the seemingly little dip in the steering wheel or the newer CC in the background?

323013.jpg

BTW, I definitely can't get both - too many "other" tractors including 2 Farmall Cubs, and too small of a garage and sheds to keep them in.

I thought I would tighten the idler pulley bolt (the large bolt at the top of the spring on the tension wheel/pully) as per the manual (which said there should be 3/4 - 1 1/4 inch give on the mower belt). I tightened too much and broke the darn thing. I guess I need to order a new bolt that goes through the large spring, through the mower deck and attaches underneath the mower deck with a nut a washer. Not sure which part to buy or maybe buy the whole kit??

Mower deck belt tensioner arm/bolt Service Kit PN/ 759-04324B
$40.00

Mower deck belt idler arm shoulder screw pivot bolt PN/ IH-486360-R1 USE 638-04012A
$11.50

Idler arm shoulder screw pivot bolt PN/ 738-3005A, 938-3005A USE 638-04012A
$11.00

Don-

Charlie sells a nice replacement idler arm kit. It comes with two shoulder bolts of different lengths both of which are drilled for zerks. The chances are your shoulder bolt (I know, it's already broken)and the pivot spacer on the arm both probably have some wear due to lack of grease over the years. This wear allows the idler pulley to dip a bit and not line up as well as it should. You might consider a new spring while you're at it.

Good luck!

This is the bolt I broke. Anyone know the part or if the kit will include this part?

323028.jpg

Terry-if that 100 is still for sale I’d say grab it it looks very solid a great candidate for a resto to bad it doesn’t have a creeper gear

guess i better get some more wheel bearings fromm ccs....second set in two years don't know what's going on....any thoughts cubbers?

323179.jpg
323180.jpg
323181.jpg
323182.jpg

Mike, were those the $5 hardware store pieces you can't even get grease into??

If so, I believe that outcome is to be expected.

Back in the day, annual wheel bearing service was the norm. Involved removal, cleaning and re packing.
Cars, trucks, trailers...whatever.

I started to buy the sealed version of the front bearings available at my local bearing store. Put them on both my 127 and 149. Time will tell how much longer they will last. I used to get at least 3-4 yrs before having one start to fall apart.

Catching up from the last few weeks posts, I see there was talk of reman engines and costs. I have my K301 in the middle of a rebuild. Time will tell what I get wrapped in it. I know the shop will treat me right as I've been dealing with them for 30 yrs with race car engines.

The block was hot tanked, honed to fit the new +.010 piston. I machined the crank last week for the new balance plate from Kirk. Just need to thread the holes and get it fastened permanently. Going to weigh the original rod/piston and compare to new parts, as it was noted on instructions from Kirk that the weight on newer chinese stuff might throw the balance out. I got a whole kit for $85, OEM parts were in the high side of $300. Just not ready to spend that kind of money on a toy that won't see enough work to warrant it.

Back