• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 12, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one I made up about 12 years ago because I wanted to experiment with the lift height of my QA42. It worked well but I only used it for a couple of years, turns out the stock lift rod was the best length. If I were to make another one I'd make it like the one in the top drawing in my previous post.
22150.jpg

Kraig -

Didn't someone (I thought it was Mr. "Ramming Speed"
lol.gif
) post something about having the tractor on a level surface and allowing the blade to sit about an inch below level, then just measuring the distance between the holes?

I know I've done this - with a three foot 1/2" rod from the True Value and a can of MAPP I've been making my own for blades and throwers ever since.

I believe there is a picture of a 100 sitting on flat 2x4s with the blade resting on the ground ... which is pretty much what Bryan is talking about.

Bryan, yep Steve B., did post that. Here it is again, perhaps this is FAQ material.....
22152.jpg

22153.jpg

22154.jpg

We wont be able to make Plow day this year, I had full intentions of comming, but am right in the middle of buying a property, and found out from the inspector that it needs a new septic system and trying to work this out with the seller, and wont be able to make it next weekend. Hoe everyone has a great time.

The "Ramming Speed" 2x4 method works great......just enough cut to handle the occasional dip in the sidewalk, etc.....yet max. lift for good clearance at full angle.

BTW, I knocked the moldboard off of the blade in the pic below (bad cotter key on an old style blade) and didn't even come close to bending the 1/2 pipe lift rod!!!!!

hello all, i'm lookin to mount some 12x12x26 on my 106, i'm running into a clearance issue with the fender assy, i've only got about 3/4 of an in. from the tire to the frame, i figure i need at least 2.5 in. do i need different wheels or does someone make spacers to make this mod work

Thinking out loud....if bringing a low sn# Original will get Chabot to go to Plow Day, who has a rare Harley to entice the Rev to show up? It will take even less to get Ranger Buck there,(cold tool, maybe) that is if his wheels are fixed.

What would get Hydro Harry to Plow Day?

Doug you could use spacers like Thomas Michalik did to his loader Cub:
22156.jpg

22157.jpg

Or do like Tim D. did to his 122 and move the inner portion of the fenders. (Actually I think Tim made custom fenders that don't have the inner fender liner. Oh, Tim.......)
22159.jpg

I think that loader tractor that Thomas Michalik has, once belonged to John B. or was it Shannon P.?

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 13, 2004)

Art, looks like you are correct..... <font size="-2">that hurt to write that.</font> :eek:)
22161.jpg

I think that tractor was John B's...same tires that Travis has on his 1772TD now(?)..I think it was usually parked in the garage next to the Struck Mini-Dozer, until John got a tracked Bobcat.
happy.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

<font size="+2">Art, looks like you are correct!!</font><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif
bouncy.gif
buttrock.gif
crash.gif
dizzy.gif
drool.gif
clown.gif
devil1.gif
err.gif
lazerburn.gif
lol.gif
rofl.gif
stupid.gif
wave.gif

OK, ok so my spelling skills suck. Though if you look back to some of my early (read two years ago) posts you can see the my spelling skills have improved.
happy.gif

T minus 236 hours and 40 minutes

Kraig -

Nice going. Now Art will be stuck at work cuz his head won't fit out the door...
roflol.gif

KRAIG, Art, Ryan - I always wanted to cut the centers out of a pair of rear wheels & weld some adjusting lugs into the ID of the rim and turn up a pair of 1" thick steel wheel discs to make adjustable tread rear wheels for a CC. Similar to what's used on Compact Tractors. Problem is I hate to tear up a decent set of wheels to do it. Steel & lathe work are no problem.

Denny, kind of like this one?
22163.jpg

Bryan, yeah, hopefully one of his students will correct that. :eek:)

Tedd-
It's not how far you've come that we care about..
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Bryan-
Kraig's right. They've already ensured that I'll be able to get out of the office today. No big heads around here...
uhoh.gif

Back