• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor has a (cough/choke) 110 JD and he told me that once when he was loading it this summer he had a ramp slip out from under him. Luckily the deck hung up and prevented a catastrophe. I hope you folks take care at plowday and don't recreate his incident. Here is some pics of how I prevent that from hapening.

I have the ramps upside down to show detail. Beaver chewed log that keeps my 1250 from breaking out another pane of my rear window.

12763.jpg

I used some 1/4 X 1 1/2 flat stock and drilled two holes at each end to to match my ramps set at Cub Cadet spacing. The eye bolts have the split joint welded to keep them from opening. I used 3/16 chain to tie it to the truck. Over kill is reasonable in my opinion.

12764.jpg

Steve-
If you liked those so much, here's a "5 minutes ago" picture I went out an snapped before I go Cubbin for the day.
12769.jpg

I will try and get some pictures of my pair this week. I'm going to try a Dunham-esk inspired set up on Stinky. At least the start of it. I will have to wait till I get to Travis place to complete it.

Hey Travis do those AG's hold air??

T minus 142 hours 58 min......

Is the emblem form an Original the same as the one for a 82 series??

(Message edited by till on October 12, 2003)

Jeff R,
It looks like there's a pulley at the base of the lift arm, and some kind of tube running along the top of the tunnel cover toward the rear. What's with that?

Eugene, good job. I posted a long time ago about fixing the truck ramp thing. We had a rash of bad things happen in a short time. This is a good example of what can be done. The parts are prolly already in your garage or shop. Take the time and do it. I don't generally get real excited about a lot but this one is a thing for me, my dad got hurt once unoading a mower. He could have been hurt bad as it was he was pinned till someone came along (he was in his 60's).

All you guys postin' pictures of your 169's should be ashamed of yourself.
shame.gif

<font size="-2">I want one!</font>

If they win today, watch for this decal.
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on October 12, 2003)

on my blue and white 123 next saturday at PD6!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on October 12, 2003)

Art-
Is this the same decal as on your "one holer"? I'd love to repaint the plow and find the right decal for it.
12779.jpg

<font size="-2">I shined it up with PURE POWER from my 169</font>

I hope that forcast stops right where it is!! 65 degrees on Sat and a little rain Wed.

Art, I used to have 3 169's ;-)

John, You know thats pretty off topic.
<font size="-2">but yea, that should work</font>

Decided to check the electric lift on the 147 prior to mounting the snowthrower. :-( Bad news, the gear on the screw needs dental work. Well, for now I am putting the "armstrong" lift on. Anyone buy one of those gears lately? The other problem is that the brass bushing that was supposed to be inside the barrel is not. Anyone know the dimensions of it as the parts book says the bushing is NLA.

I finished playing, I mean plowing the garden today. Thought I would take a quick pic of the units ready for Plow Day. Please excuse the shadows. I am still learning the capabilities of this free, cheap camera.
12784.jpg

Back