• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey all,
took a trip to wally world and picked up some
washer fluid.layed the 10.50s down and busted one bead and put 7 gal. in each one, aired em back
up and put em on the 149.
empty they weighed 34 lbs. after filling they came up to 90 lbs. and then add 28 lbs. wheel
weight and that gives me 118 lbs. for each rear tire. maybe the rear end will stay planted better now! cant wait to drive 610 miles to dig a little
dirt. my wife asked if i needed to drive that far
just to plow? and i said YES!!!!

travis
i had to get most of my stuff ready tonight as the rest of the week is busy.
the wife is more understanding of this hobby than
the last hobby of old cars.you cant fit a lot more cubs into a garage than cars!

Jeff-
You're right, I had the wrong shaft/gear. Either way, I'd replace it. Can't cost too much. While yer in there, ya might as well swap in the faster 2nd gear from something (anything) newer. I think the Originals used a slower 2nd than all the narrow and wide frames after that. Can somebody who knows "for sure" chime in here?

Tom-
Be cautious trying to mount that H-42 blower to a 1X50. I tried to mount an H-48 blower from a 982 onto my 1872. It fit, and the belt even lined up, then I tried to hook up the lift rod.....
sad.gif

It seems that the C.I. trannies pull the blower to raise it, and the Aluminum trannies push on a bellcrank on the blower itself. I'm not saying it won't work, you just have to consider the lift mechanism.

charles m i'd love to have that 982 but i don't think it's close enough for me to get.

after the posting of all the 169's this weekend (almost a flagerent display of horse power) i was wonderin what does it take to convert a 14hp to 16hp? i tore the engine down today outa my 149 and was thinkin if its not alot extra i might up grade so i can run with the big dogs.

thanks for the input on the trunion spring

Tom H:
In addition to Art said about the differences in lift arrangements, I think you'll run into belt pulley size issues, too. The x82's use a 5/8" belt and the QL series are still using the 1/2" belt, if I'm not mistaken.

Doug B:
The k341/16hp block is a different animal than the k321/14hp block. That's not to say that you couldn't get 16hp out of your k321 - Don Vogt can help you with that. Like they say, "The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic money." And from what I read on the pullers section of this forum, that's all it takes to generate serious hp - cubic $$$.

Mama's still in the hospital, the kids went fishin' with some friends and I got to tinker with Cubs for an hour or so yesterday afternoon. Both the 1000 and the 129+ are ready to plow should the opportunity still arise.

Travis,
I re-sent the e-mail, let me know if you did/didn't get it...

I don't get any errors returned to me - they just seem to disappear into cyberspace.
crash.gif

John L;
The decal would look great. After all, both have Chicago roots.

All who live where it could possibly ever freeze;
Phillip N's post about the washer fluid reminded me of something. Washer fluid is not all the same. Some fluids are designed just for getting rid of mud, bug parts, and other grime, and tend to be sold in the warm months or in areas of the country where it usually doesn't freeze. Some contain alcohol or other low freezing temp additives. Check the bottle for a freezing temp before you buy a bunch just because it's on sale. A couple of weeks ago, I found a bunch on sale (Chicago area)at a really good price, but it was formulated just for bugs, and would freeze and expand the same as water. Could be ugly.

STEVE B. - Even if that tractor is a 3788 I hope That Guy's just using it to pull that plow out of the shed..... NO WAY a 3788 can pull nine 16 in. bottoms.... at least it Shouldn't....Either a 4586 or a 4786 would be better.

Denny,

Not in IL dirt, but itmight do it in some of the lighter sandy stuff...either way you're right, that's optimistic at best!!!!!

1486 has all it wants with 5 or 6 16" bottoms in our IL PD dirt!!!!!

the washer fluid i got is good for -25 so i think
i'll be ok.not going to plow frozen dirt.
but if you fill your tires for snow removal
then ya might double check how good the fluid is.

Alright boys and girls, just order your PD stuff from Scott and knock off the chitchat. Geez, how's a guy supposed to get thru...
lol.gif

Amazing, I post that and Scott's phone is no longer busy! Thanks!!
buttrock.gif

Bryan-
I am releaved to see your posts. I saw on the ticker tape this morning that there was a bad comuter (sp?) train crash in the Windy City this morning. I take it you were not involved. Sure hated missing Plum tree this weekend, will hate even more missing PD6 this coming weekend.

Jonathan

Jonathan -

Nah, the train that crashed was on the south side - nothing but White Sox fans
lol.gif

Dinged up a couple of their BRAND NEW locomotives, though...

your_image.gif

Current conjecture seems to be that it picked a switch...

Back