• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig
If I bought 4 new Cub cadet ISO rubbers I would just use them as they are and only tighten up the top nut so about 1 thread was showing. They will be rough at first but seem to get better with age.

The only reason I like to use the old rubbers is they give the least vibration of any mounts. You can put them on the bottom and use almost anything on the top and still get the same results as the cubs were originally.

(Message edited by RChristensen on October 12, 2004)

My other post was TOOO big. have to down size and try again.
Thanks for the info. Dean

OK. Gonna try to upload some pics of snow blade. Saved in .bmp format, 60x80 size (to get it under the size limit). Any other recommendations for file format and size for future postings?

22127.jpg

22128.jpg

Richard, thanks.

Dean, AFAIK, the #2 trailer was introduced during the 72, 1x4/5 series (late 1967) and were made through the 82 series (early 1980s).

Charlie, Kent, :eek:)

Bryan, convert them to .jpg format, .bmp files won't post.

Bryan C., that looks like a wide frame subframe <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> blade.

OK, just discovered something. Was looking at the lift rod for the blade, and discovered I have no place to attach it on the 682 lift arm. Am I missing an attachment? I'll also want to use a QA42A I'm restoring.

Sorry for the multiple posts. So this blade was originally painted an IH 935 white?

Bryan C., yeah it should have been one of the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> whites. For the lift rod, you'll need a bracket to bolt to the lift arm. I'll try to find a better photo but this is all I have right now.
22130.jpg

Bryan C., here's a drawing of what is supposed to be the lift bracket for the 682 to use the blade. Item #11 in the drawing, Part # 703-0672.

22132.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 12, 2004)

Kraig, do you think that would work for a QA-42A snowthrower too? They both appear to have a 3/8" dia. shaft. Not sure if the lengths are the same though.

Bryan C. -

Give any thought to buying some manuals? Like maybe the CPE-2 implement parts book?

Bryan C., the lift bracket should work for both the blade and snowthrower, the lift rod length will be different though. The lift rod should be 1/2" diameter.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 12, 2004)

Bryan M., I just ordered the implement manuals from C&G. I assume they also have a parts listing.

I'm busy ordering parts to get everything ready come time for the snow.... If we get as much winter precip as we had summer rain, I oughta trade in my little ol' 682 for a Oshkosh b-Gosh snowblower!

Bryan C. -

Any parts list in individual implement operator's manuals won't help you compare and see the bigger picture, as in what fits what, what is used on multiple implements, etc. Unless of course you buy a op manual for EVERY implement.
wink.gif
That's where the CPE-2 comes in - if <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> sold it with their logo on it, it's in the book. From snowthrowers to trailers to blades.

Don V., to answer your question: the lift rod length is 28.5" on my 54-in. blade, wide frame.

ack, thought I had the parts manual, only have the service manual (something else to order).

Does anyone have the part #'s for the front and rear crank seals?

K181

Back