• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a photo of the dusty model 190-401-100 blade.
22113.jpg

Art, well, if not you, I figured someone would probably ask. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 12, 2004)

Engine vibration

I have what seems excessive engine vibration on a 1450 recently aquired
Any hints on reducing this or is this normal
I did read somewhere that there were problems with the engine mounts but no details
Any info appreciated

Rick M.....bring the parts to the Petro in Rochelle. We can install them in the parking lot and won't even charge you a service call fee!
happy.gif

CCO story......The sn # is 522. The original selling dealer of the tractor is not known. The dealer decal we did find says "All Year Power Equipment of Mequon, Wi." Plans are to bring this to PD at Bluniers for anyone who needs to "experience" the karma this has (that's right Dunham, karma, baby!) AND, to deliver it to the new owner.

It does mow 12" tall grass in 3rd gear, with power to spare.....AND the seat was standard issue for the special run IH Bass-Master edition option!!

Hey guys! I bought a new safety switch depressor spring for the safety switch on the clutch/brake pedal shaft for my 1200 last year and it seems to have rusted and broken right at the flex point again already with very little use. My local parts place got about $10 bucks for that little piece of spring metal and I don't want to have to buy one every few months.. Anyone have a solution to the problem?
Thanks!

Alan, here's some info for you. The engine mounts on the 1450 and other's in that series are ISO mounted. The rubber ISO mounts wear out and need to be replaced. Also there is an improvement for the mounts weld the bar as shown in the photos.
22115.jpg

22116.jpg

22117.jpg

22118.jpg

Posted by Richard C. on Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 07:21 pm:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Some comments on the Cub Cadet ISO mount rubbers. First of all to my knowledge NAPA has never sold a replacement kit for the Cub Cadet ISO rubbers. They sell a kit to replace the rubber mounts for a car suspension system. To advertise it as a Cub Cadet ISO Mount replacement kit is wrong.

I did not come up with the idea for using the MOOG kit in place of the correct Cub Cadet Iso mounts but I did try them and found they did work and when I posted the picture of the Rail mount modification dimensions that I had come up with I believe I posted the picture of the MOOG kit and said I was using it in several cubs on a trial and it was working good. It was not my intent to mislead anybody into thinking this was a direct replacement. After using the Moog rubbers for some time I felt they caused too much vibration and have removed them from all of my Cubs.

One reason I tried the MOOG rubbers was the new Cub Cadet ISO rubbers were extremely stiff and caused a lot of vibration when installed per the specs that came with them. Later I found if you didn't tighten the Cub Cadet ISO mounts bolt more than to the point where 1 thread was showing on the top of the nut it didn't vibrate as bad and with time it actually gets pretty good.

Through time and different test I have come up with different ways to do the job and have some suggestions.

First of all I think the original Cub Cadet ISO mount rubbers were good and got a bad rep due to the rails coming loose. This can be corrected by doing the Rail modification. Maybe they made the newer ISO mounts stiffer to compensate for the rails but I don't know that for sure. Any way unless you were fortunate enough to locate some of the old ones you are going to have to use the newer ones now.

My first preference when replacing the Cub Cadet ISO mounts is to check the old ones when I pull them out, usually the top 4 will be good as the weight is on the bottom 4. If I can find 4 good old rubbers I use them on the bottom of the modified rail and then buy two new Cub Cadet Iso mount kits which will give you 4 new rubbers and I use them on the top of the rail. Tighten the nut on the bolt so just about 1 thread is showing on the top of the nut. This will give you the least vibrating system and should last a long time.

Another way to go if money is a real issue is to see if you can find 4 good old used ISO rubbers to use on the bottom of the modified rail and then buy one MOOG K5252 kit and use the 4 rubbers that come with that kit for the top 4 rubbers. Buy 4 new 3/8 x 16 nylon lock nuts and 4 new flat washers and mount it like this picture. This will give you much less vibration than using all MOOG kit rubbers.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Kraig, thanks for the info. I definitely do not have the Haban 190-401-100 blade then. I assume it has to be the 54 spring trip blade. Do they not have a s/n or part no. tag? What color were they originally? I'm assuming if yellow, then it was the old federal yellow?

I'll post a pic shortly.

I had my notes on this somewhere but I must have lost them. anyone got a idea how long the lift rod is for a wide frame with a blade?

Bryan C., I believe the 42" and 54" blades were always white. The 54" Haban 190-401-100 were black. I don't know if they have a SN/model tag on them. There were several variations, bolt on narrow frame, QA narrow frame, and wide frame subframes. I don't have a blade so hopefully someone that has one will post more info. The photo will help ID it.

Kraig
I need to let you know there is a mistake on that post of mine on Dec. 14-03. In the next to last paragraph I said you could buy 2 new cub cadet ISO rubbers and split them up. That is not true anymore as the new Cub Cadet ISO rubbers are different. The top rubbers are different than the bottom rubbers. On the old cub cadet ISO rubbers top and bottom were identical. Sorry about that I don't want anybody to get confused.

Gee Kraig, ya wouldn't happen to wanna FAQize that, would ya?
wink.gif

Then while you're at it, you can add my later cradle info, too.
lol.gif

Richard, thanks I've updated my archive to include your new info.

Bryan, sure. Do you want it in MS Word?

Kraig -

Word would be fine. Thanks!!

Richard, so one would now have to buy 4 new Cub Cadet ISO rubbers to go with the "4 good old rubber ISO mounts", yes?

Dean,
Never mind.

(Message edited by kshultz on October 12, 2004)

Back