• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess ole Willie D is smarter than I am on those O's and throwers, the question has already been answered on another board.

Charlie -

LOL, we'd've answered it sooner if we didn't have to guess what was meant
wink.gif

At any rate, Original mower engine pulley is 464 358 R1 and BB-36 engine pulley is 475 640 R1.

For those who don't read other boards
wink.gif

Thanks for the advice on the sheet metal, the intake scree is clean but who knows whats behind the sheet metal.
The clutch disk I am refering to is the drive disk on the driveshaft off the engine, the one powering the rearend.

Dave:
Thanks for the suggestion on cleaning out he transaxle. This CC will be like a new one when I finish. I won't want to take it out of the shed unless it is a nice sunny day. Ha Ha.
I have one more question for someone.
When I shut the engine off after cutting the lawn it always gives a long bang. If I leave it idle for a while it doesn't do it. Does anyone know what causes this?
Thanks
Earl

Earl,

It's a phenomena known as "after-fire" in the trade. Not truly a "back-fire", it's caused by fast running engine coasting down, pumping carbureted air/fuel mixture into the muffler, with hot internal muffler components above the self-ignition temperature of the mixture. By the time engine stops turning, muffler is completely charged with an ideal explosive gas, and a few seconds dwell time is all it takes for hot surface ignition to occur. Idling the engine helps cool down muffler and reducing coast-down time cuts down on mixture volume pumped into muffler.

The loud bang isn't good for the nerves nor the muffler baffling.

And now for some eye candy.......
CC Original at C&G
22108.jpg

it has one of these
22109.jpg

AND.....
22110.jpg

Ken,
I take it that's 521 correct? My computer monitor is not the best. I bought some parts for my dads original at a CaseIH dealer in upstate NY back in August when I was home. The parts guy took me out back to one of their storage sheds and they had #576 (might have been 574 it was dark) stuffed in the corner. It wasn't for sale.
-Bri

Apostle, Let me guess... <font size="+2">It's not for sale!</font>
Don't blame you either. That is Awesome. Seems that the low S/Ns are showing up like crazy lately!

I just bought a 54 inch snow blade. The seller told me it's a CC implement, however, I can't find any serial number/part number ID on the blade. It has been repainted a JD yellow. It looks like QA frame from Cub.

Can anyone tell me where the s/n plate should be located? What color code white paint should it be painted? What are the differences between the 54 in snow dozer blade (model #190-401-100) and the spring trip blade (42 and 54 in)? There are two different owner's manuals for them.

I know it's not a Haban as mine does not have the 4 center springs. If it would help to post a pic, let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

OK, Illinois members...

Need a mechanic that's good, local and fair priced on repairing the Kohlers. Normally you can only have two of those 3
happy.gif

My K181 has a leak in the crank seal and I'd like to get it fixed before plowday.

Rick M. -

You need a mechanic for that?
lol.gif

Hell, buy the seal and we'll replace it for ya in the Iron Skillet parking lot in the dark.

Won't we guys? Guys??
wink.gif

LOL!
happy.gif

Hell, if someone wants to do it I'll buy them breakfast! LOL

Rick M,
It's amazing what a Kohler website search turns up for a 20 mile raduis around Naperville!
KOHLER Engine Service Outlets from the ZIP code area you selected:

NEVARR INC
1207 E OAKTON ROAD
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007
PHONE: 847-228-1515

HUGO'S EQUIPMENT REPAIR INC
415 W KAY AVE
ADDISON, IL 60101
PHONE: 630-628-7977

MAC'S SPECIALTY MACHINE INC
1134 EAST LAKE STREET
HANOVER PARK, IL 60103
PHONE: 630-289-9610

A-1 REPAIR INC
45 S MAPLE STREET
ELGIN, IL 60123
PHONE: 847-695-8899

TANNER'S SERVICE LLC
916 E ST CHARLES RD
LOMBARD, IL 60148
PHONE: 630-424-1349

WASCO LAWN & POWER INC
4 N 953 LAFOX ROAD
WASCO, IL 60183
PHONE: 630-584-3199

SUPERIOR SM ENGINE REPAIR INC
15806 ANNICO DRIVE UNIT #8
LOCKPORT, IL 60441
PHONE: 708-645-0127

DON'S SHARPENING CENTRE INC
560 S. RIVER RD (RT 25)
BATAVIA, IL 60510
PHONE: 630-879-7577

QUALITY SMALL ENGINE
31 W 096 91ST STREET
NAPERVILLE, IL 60564
PHONE: 630-851-0118

I do like Mac's Specialty Machine. They're a Simplicity dealer, but the best part is that they're OPEN ON SUNDAY! And they seem to stock a lot, so they're great in a pinch.

Seriously, though - the front seal (really the rear seal as the PTO end is considered the back of the engine) is a pretty easy job. You don't even need a seal puller - an awl and hammer will do.

I'll pull out the manuals at lunch and get the part number and call around.

Thanks guys.

Rick-
Is it the PTO end seal, or the flywheel end seal?

If it's the flywheel end seal, then you'd better be buying the guy lunch too!
roflol.gif

Bryan C., if you post a photo of it we can likely tell you what it is. The 190-401-100 IS the Haban, but it likely doesn't say Haban on it. That model blade is for the SGTs. My parent's have one and it doesn't say Haban on it. They bought it new with their 2072 it's never been used. It's just setting in a corner in the garage collecting dust with the hydraulic angle kit still in the box. BTW it's not for sale. :eek:)

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

BTW it's not for sale..<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Did you really think I was going to ask you again???
;-)

Back