• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Anybody got a picture that shows the muffler setup on an 86?

Dave-

Sometimes I think there's no oil in my 1810 because it keeps it so clean.

Matt G,
22085.jpg

22086.jpg

Funny discussion on the oil. Not too much related to Cubs, but on the P3 there is the oil reservoir for the APU and sometimes I had to look several times to make sure there was oil in it cause it was so clean. Always a good sign. Then there is my 123 that right after start up, it goes straight black.
rolleyes.gif
I know, I know, it needs a rebuild and as soon as I get home... Its not bad really, it only goes through about a quart for every hour of operation.
blush.gif
hide.gif

I have a hydro question; Is the little spring that is mounted in the slide rail used to adjust the linkage. I have a 149 with external brakes that I can not get into adjustment. When the brake is applied it pulls this rail into the correct location with the pin according to the alignment mark on the slide rail. The problem is that is when it starts, it is in in motion. The only other adjustment I can see is in this spring. I need help!!

Digger:
Thanks for the information. I dismantled my 129 today and I plan to do some painting tomorrow and then waite until my hydraulic parts arrive. The next big job is to put it all back together.
That could be interesting.
Earl

Earl- If you haven't already done so, while you're waiting for parts, remove the transaxle rear cover and scrub it out good, get to know the interior well. Discard the old hydraulic filter, etc, get a new filter and rear cover gasket when you get the cork gasket. Havin' that case nice and clean inside really wakes the old machine up!

Charlie- Don't forget to leave room in your return-from-Peoria trailer for this blower!

Steve B.
How many are signed up for PD8?
I know I'm gettin' ready.

Digger, is that 1650 that you picked up on Saturday the European version? I see that the brake pedal is on the right side !!

"Digger, is that 1650 that you picked up on Saturday the European version? I see that the brake pedal is on the right side !!"

Nah, it's the Australian version. The deck spins the other way also.

It's also labeled for ADA compliance... the Austrailians with Dyslexia Act.

Now you can have either God, or Dog, as your co-pilot!

LOL,
It took you guys long enough! grin
Actually it's an Iowa tractor and you know how those guys are, snicker.
But I've already got it converted for Minnesota duty.
22099.jpg

My first red tractor, a 682. Not sure he's fitting in as yet, the yellow and white ones are looking him over. Four hours down and four back, wife's not even upset! Thanks Charlie, I'da missed it.
22100.jpg

Hey Guys! Question, 'cause I don't have the FOM.
angry.gif

I am putting my snow thrower on one of my Originals and I have this extra smaller pulley. It appears to go on the engine. Do I have to change it so the thrower runs at the correct speed?

A couple of quick questions,
Would the 3 holes in the clutch drive disk cause a sevier shake of the drive shaft if the holes are egg shaped?
And what can I do to keep the gas from boiling in the tank on my 102?
After working the 10hp 102 hard for an hour the gas boils in the tank after I shut down the engine.

Lonny,
Well Yea, on the oval holed POS thingy!!!!!!
Sounds like your missing some sheet metal on your engine. To make sure is doesn't boil again, DON'T SHUT THE DAMN THING OFF!

(Message edited by cproctor on October 11, 2004)

(Message edited by cproctor on October 11, 2004)

Charlie -

I wonder if he means the drive pulley on the crankshaft - if it's different from the mower pulley.

Bryan,
Anything is possible these days, Take my air cleaner on that 149, PLEASE!

Lonny B,
One more thing, when is the last time you check the intake screen on the back side of that engine and also cleaned the inside of the engine sheet metal that wraps the back side of the engine?
22106.jpg

Latest posts

Back