• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 09, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David, it was really nice to meet you! What did you use to dig up the spuds? I see the Brinkley, but do you have a potato plow too?

Same here, Nic and thanks again for the seat part. I installed it the next day after we got home.

Just used a plain old spud fork for them is all. Tried not to damage them any more than need be, Ya know? I even plowed one up today that I had missed!

Dave--that old QL looks right at home there in the garden! Lots of work harvesting those spuds but it won't be long before we have to bundle up just to walk out and get the mail!

Thanks for the info Nic, and thanks for the complements!
100 has half a PTO, not a big deal as she'll probably stick to snow duty for now. Need to go through carb and replace points.
Just found most of the new parts I bought from CC Specialties in spring. Moving into house I misplaced a bunch of things
bash.gif

I've always been fond of 70/100 since one of my uncle's had a 70 years ago.
If my buddy has an IH NF 3 point she may follow down there. I need another yard cart and I'm trying to work him on his #1...

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 117
Oh and yes, if you look real close at first pic of 102, it has wide and narrow fronts. "Spares that hold air"
Showed dad the cozy cab and he said it would be nice to put a little heater in and use at his house this winter for snow duty, and find and install a hydro lift. He'd deal with clutching alright. I stood there, then asked "how about next year?"
"I guess I can wait that long, what about other cab? It fits on 1450 right?"
Gotta love the old man! He put up with me growing up, and the "yard"...
Jason, I just did a count, four 42 inch push blades. And I might be buying 2 more real soon...

Nic and all - I keep seeing comments about a small cheap tachometer. I said earlier I recommend a little Vibra Tach which is not the correct name for the tool. It is a vibration tachometer with OEM name "Treysit Sirometer", made in Germany. It's sold as Briggs Tachometer Part No. 19200 or Tecumseh Tachometer Part No. 670156 (they are the exact same Treysit Sirometer) and it's less than $30 if you do some searching. It should come with the instructions on how to adjust and read the rpm's.

Even if there are no instructions you just hold it on the engine someplace (I usually place it on the heat shield before it's hot) and rotate the dial which extends a small wire. Once you reach the harmonic of the wire it shakes really far apart. You can extend the wire past this point and it will nearly stop, then rotate and retract the wire back to the point where the wire shows the most shaking, and read the rpm's on the scale at that point. It may sound hard but it's really easy once you've used it a few times.

Here's a pic that shows the case it comes with. You can see the wire with a little yellow tip sticking out about 2". It will extend to about 8"-9". It'll read all the rpm range you need for small gas engines from idle to full throttle.

309957.jpg

In this close up pic you can see the upper scale for rpm's and the dial is at about 850 rpm's

309958.jpg

Attachments

• 309957.jpg
    309957.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 309958.jpg
    309958.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 309957.jpg
    309957.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 309958.jpg
    309958.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 112
David S

Cub in garden
300+ spuds
Brinly dialed in
Plow Day on the horizon
Man ain't life good!!!!
happy.gif
thumbsup.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 107
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 103
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 112
cutting lawn with my 149 and every time in about the same location it back fires loud enough I'm surprised it don't split the muffler. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Ignition problem with the coil or condeser?

Rob does your engine stay running? Is it clean under all the shrouds on engine? Do you run Marvel Mystery Oil in your gas, oil or both?
I'd check its clean and getting sufficient air flow first. Then inspect your points if its clean. Another piece of info that would help is how long is it running when this happens, 10,20,60 min?

Another thing that comes to mind is if there is carbon buildup on the head, would have to pull the head off to check.

Back