• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 09, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchestnut

displayname
Daniel Chestnut
Can anyone tell me if a Johnson #10 loader will fit a Cub Cadet? If it will, does it go on a narrow or a wide frame?

Bryan-

Nice find! I only saw some factory pics of that porsche tractor in a Porsche book. Kewl to hear they exist in real life.

Here's a question. I really liked the Originals I've seen on steel wheels. Where do those wheels come from?? I'd love to set up a 100 on steel this winter for a project,a bone stock tractor completely refurbished. The cool thing about these machines is that you don't HAVE to have a separate garage to work on them,although many here have nice Cub houses.

Daniel-That thing is crap,I'll be over to pick it up to spare you the headache...
wink.gif

Tedd,
They are only 11 X 24 X 12's. I was <u>very</u> happy with them.

Kevin,
I beleive they were hand made. One thing about steel wheels, you have LOTS of traction. If you can "spin out" with those on, you'll probably be stuck.

(Message edited by thoffman on October 09, 2003)

Kevin,
I don't have it yet. I'm just wanting to find alittle information on it.

Maybe the Porsche fans can tell me why the heck they use unsafe rotors on the 911s? SCCA has outlawed them, is it just for curb appeal?

Kevin-
You going to make it with a narrow front end too?

Wyatt-
lol.gif
No,narrow front ends are not allowed in my garage! However,the guys that have built them sure have done a nice job. It's just not the look I'm after. In fact,I'm not SURE what the hell I'm after!

What's unsafe on the 911 chassis cars,the cryogenic discs? Or are they drilled a million times?

I had a nice cub week so far. Put the windshield washer fluid in the new 8.5 ags, installed on 109, and added rear wheel weights. Of course after all of this, I had to go make a few rounds in the garden. They bit right in and didn't give up. They would take all the 12HP could give out. Tomorrow I will add the front weight bracket and weights and then both cubs are ready for plow day.

I was Parked next to one of those Porshe tractors at R&T show in Kinzer, PA. It got alot of attention ans the guy was also in to Cubs.

Weather Report from DU BOISE, PA

Today
Oct 10 Cloudy 72°/49° 10 %
Sat
Oct 11 Partly Cloudy 69°/51° 10 %
Sun
Oct 12 Few Showers 67°/39° 30

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">LAST post on PD II PA Directions</font></font>

Here are directions from Denny to get you to Blose Rd. in sykesville, Pa which is on Rte. 119 south of Du Boise and north of Punxatawny, PA. Coming south on Rte. 119 there is a large brown barn right after Blose Rd. that you turn right and go to the top of the hill past "Pork isthe other white meat" farm.
Comng north Blose RD. will be right after the large brown barn(hard to see road because of the barn) and go to the top of the hill.
If you are coming south on Rte. 119 and see the Doll House(old gas station) on the left you are about a 1/4 mile to far. Coming north when you see the Doll House on the right slow down and look for barn.

Denny Engle (tompepper)
Username: tompepper

Post Number: 217
Posted on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 7:56 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just a quick refresher.from east or west I-80..exit 101.turn rt of exit,7 lights turn lefton rt 219s to y then 119s to sykesville.go through town (blose hill rd on rt).from pittsburg and all points south.rt 119 n to sykesville.blose hill rd will be on your left.from MD ,VA ,s. east pa.I99 from bedford to altoona,rt 36 nt to punxsutawney then rt 119 to sykesville.Doc says there will be a big sign out....need more detail...email me....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to be fast,,,,but now i'm just half fast

Here is link to the PD II PA site with a lot of information.

http://ihregistry.org/discus/messages/30208/30208.html?1065614170

(Message edited by wdeturck on October 10, 2003)

Anyone in the Boonville, Indiana area: Thresherman Park has there fall show this weekend. I have 7 Cub Cadets there. I have to work today, but stop by tomorrow and say hello.

TED - Big wide rear tires if aired properly will distort on the contact patch so the tread bites into the furrow bottom. The weight of the tractor plus the torque from the tire and the lugs bite down through the turned dirt from the last furrow to pull. And the furrow tire will still get a better bite than the land wheel unless You really bias the ballast towards the land wheel. At the WI. PD Apostle Ken & Wyatt & I were at 1-1/2 yrs ago We were plowing SOOO DEEP that huge chunks of dirt were falling back into the furrow sometimes and I had to slow way down to crawl/chew My way over them. As a Kid I spent MANY Days plowing with 18.4 X 34 tires running in furrows from 14" plow bottoms with NO Problem. Theoretically even 15.5 X 38's should be a snug fit and work just fine. 20.8's would probably have needed a 16" bottom. Biggest problem is the depression left if the dirt from the first new furrow doesn't get thrown far enough to cover the rut left from the tire. I don't ever remember ANYONE trying to put a 23.1" or wider tire into ANY furrow though so there IS a limit.

Charlie,
If you have the time and are willing to snap a couple more photos, I'd greatly appreciate it. Many thanks in advance. My confusion is in the area that you photographed involving the spring. Regardless of how I hook it up, the throttle is begged open. On my engine the throttle control is via a threaded rod with a small adjustment nut all attached to one of the headbolts. No matter how much I turn that nut, the movement isn't sufficient to reduce the tension on that spring and thus close the throttle. Either I am missing a piece; have it hooked up wrong; have the wrong length connecting rods; too stupid to figure it out
happy.gif
or some combination of the above. Any insights are most welcome.

Steve,
Thank you

Dennis,
Thank you too. I will watch the others out there in the field better this time.
happy.gif

Under edit;
T minus 167 hours 22 min.....

(Message edited by till on October 10, 2003)

Rich,
There was a Porsche tractor at the Zagray Farm show last weekend. A guy in Bethel CT has a restored one that he brings to some area shows. It's pretty amazing looking with a bellhousing around 3 feet in diameter. I'll try to find some pics I have of them. Kenny

I get a "dissallowed file format" error when I try to post the photos of the Porsche Diesel Junior. :eek:(

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 10, 2003)

Has anyboday actually SEEN an IH cub cadet ORIGINAL with a serial number between 59,900 and 65457? If you look close at Paul B.’s serial number list you’ll see a BIG jump in numbers in the late summer of ’63. I doubt production doubled suddenly for a month then went back to 2000/month or so for the introduction of the 70/100. Any thoughts? I’d bet that there weren’t really any cubs with serial numbers 61,xxx thru 65457. Heck, it seems like there’s more serial number 5xx cubs than these!

Kenny-

Kewl. That would figure, this guy in Bethel is 10-15 miles from me!

If you could find those pics, I'd appreciate it!

Kraig- can you e-mail me the pic you were going to post?

Now they're calling for rain next weekend :-(

The ground is sooooo dry here that we could stand a lot of rain before the ground would be too wet. In fact, it would be nice if it would rain a few days before to keep the dust down.

The turnoff for my road off of Hwy 18 (the main east/west road) is between mile marker 199 and 200. It is the "Rockford" turnoff. Be in the left lane if you're heading west.

No one will be allowed to go into the buildings where I keep all my parts tractors. No exceptions!! If you would like some parts, email me ahead of time (this is not an ad, just a friendly suggestion ;-)

Also, it seems like a lot of people are coming Friday to hang out. We're planning on going down to the campgrounds in Rockford late Fri afternoon and all evening to share some cold tools and brag about mowing long grass. Anyone is welcome.

Looks like Maidrites and Chili will be on the menu (not my decision)

Lets all hope for good weather!!

Back