• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 09, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do not need another Bog Day.
sad.gif

I'll talk to the preacher on Sunday about this weather thing.

Travis,

You are now playing with the big boys! Making that rain day call is a rough one. I didn't sleep all week, trying to decide. Truth be known, I should have moved PD 3, but I didn't, and I lucked out big time! And I mean big time. For those of you who showed up on Friday and Keith could tell you because he helped me out a ton, it snowed all day long.

Keith- long drive back on that cab-less tractor, wasn't it.

I won't lose any sleep, I guarantee it. Course, I don't sleep anyway ;-)

Tedd, I've thought for a day about what the Rockies and what computers might have in common. Since any way that you look out my house windows, you get to see Rockies, and I have something like 15 Sun computers here, I'm right on the ground where anything should be obvious, but it's not.

About the only thing I can think of is RAM---there are wild sheep in the high country.

Hard drive? Can't prove it by me---most of the secondary roads around here are posted at 65, and only in some of the passes and canyons are there slower curves. I think up Wind River Canyon to Thermopolis there is about 10 miles of 45 mph. running, and going over South Pass is faster. Togwotee is no great challenge, and I think of Ten Sleep Canyon as just "a scenic drive."

Of course, this is all high country, as I get reminded as I climb from 5000 ft. in Riverton out the ten miles down Sand Hills to the dump at 6000.
My car, which is now coming up 18 years has only been below 3000 ft. four times that I can think of. But "high country" isn't computer stuff.

My "project 100" has been running for several weeks, and finally got to do some useful work on Tuesday. Used it to tow a 35 gallon sprayer to spray my pasture. About 20 minutes per acre, spraying 20 gallons/acre from a 10 foot boom.

Hank

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but works been pretty steady, and there's been a lot of baseball to attend to (Go Soxs!). Anyway, getting back on topic, I just replaced the little cork gasket that sit's between the hydro unit and the rearend. My question is, how tight should I get the bolts (4 of them) that hold it all together? also, should all the bolts be the same type? One of mine (upper left side) is a shoulder bolt, and the rest are not. Stuck me as a little strange. Also made me wonder is the shoulder would interfere (it's a small shoulder, but it could possably bottem out)?

Thanks,

Matt

EDIT: I also wantedto say that I didn't see anything about how tight or what kind of bolts should be used in my service manual.

(Message edited by mkopishke on October 10, 2003)

I need driveing directions from Lacrosse Wi to plow days in Iowa next weekend, distance, time, ond what roads to take, I aint no good with vage driections, e-mail them to me if yopu would please. [email protected]

(Message edited by lbuttke on October 10, 2003)

Matt,

That oblt holds on part of the speed control linkage, that's why it's special.

Use grade 5 or higher hardware and tighten the bolts up to at least the min. spec for 3/8" bolts given in any one of the service manuals......it's not that big of a deal, if you twist off a 3/8" grade 5 or 8 in that location/application you would have to be pulling hard enough to know better.

Lonny,

Did you check out the maps link at the PD site listed above????

Matt, that last post covers the 1x9 through the 1650, here's the info from the 123 service manual.
12713.jpg

Matt, please note that the bolt for the cam plate DOES eventually get tightened, but not until a later step. I'm hoping you can find that step in your manual. :eek:)

Hey the weather is looking great for The IH Plow Day tomarrow, mostly sunny and high of 79. I took a load out last night, we are expecting a great turn out of Farmalls and Cub Cadets, and it sounds like there will be several parts vendors also. There are 85 acers to Plow. It starts at 9:00 in the morning, lunch will be served to everyone. Then at 4:00 PM they will hold the Chapter 7 IH collectors clubs fall meeting, following that there will be a catered in Church bennifit dinner. We hope to see alot of you there for a fun day. Here are the directions and stuff for anyone that still needs them.

WHEN: TOMARROW 10-11 9 till dusk

WERE:

Plum Tree Indiana (basicly 80 miles north of Indianapolis, or 80 Miles south of the MI line.

DIRECTIONS:

From I-69 Exit #78 (Waren exit) go north 1 mile on Sate Road 5 from the exit to State Rd. 124. Go east 3 miles on State Rd 124 to Plum Tree. There are signs there and you will see it on the left side of the Rd.

LODGING:

Huggy Bear motel (260) 375- 2503 ( Waren exit)

Super 8 (260) 375-4688 (Waren exit)

Contact us at [email protected] or (260) 356-3440 or Marv Zeller (260) 375-2454 or at [email protected]

Lonnie (or anyone else looking for directions), you can also go to Yahoo maps and enter your address as the origin. Enter my address as the destination and it will give you step by step directions that you can print off.

Hi All. I would like to send out a big thank you to Steve "Mr. Plow" Blunier for helping me with some setup problems I was having with my Brinly PP-1200 3pt plow. I know that I pull it with the wrong color tractor for you guy's, but his advice really helped me out. Thanks Steve!

Kent

Yep; saw one of those Porsche tractors at a car show. Apparently it was more of a VW-priced tractor over there than Porsche-priced.

I went to yahoo maps and map quest, they both want to send me over through Hudson / Twin cities area than down through Ablert Lee / Auston .
260 plus miles. by looking at map at web site linked here I should be able to cut down to La Crosse Wi , cross over the river , go to Auston Mn than down to Rockford Ia. I am located by the middle of the C in Eau Claire on the map posted at the PD site.
If anyone knows of a shorter route please let me know.

I have never been to one of these shows and realy would like to attend one, however if I can not find my way there or if it is located to far away I can not attend.
Reason: my back problem causes me to loose feeling in my legs if I sit to long. Last road trip I took was only suppose to take 3 hours drive time, took me over 5 to get there, drive for an hour, stop walk around for 15 minutes to get feeling and blood back into leggs, drive for another hour and repete. Darn ATV's, they can be and are a danger to operate

Latest posts

Back