• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 09, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently rebuilt the motor in my 107 and I am haaving some problems with the carb adjustments. The carb I have is a Walbro adjustable jet. I set it to the starting settings as outlined in the Kohler service manual. When I start the tractor with a bit of adjustment it seems to idle fine.

However my problem is with the high speed adjustment. With only 1/4" of throttle the tractor is going to full speed. I have a tachometer on it for a 8 cylinder and I am multiplying by 8 to get the rpm for the engine.

What should my idle speed be set for the tractor when starting?

Any ideas why the motor is going so fast with so small amount of throttle? I was thinking it might be the float in the carb.

Thanks,
Rick

I just can't resist....

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I really liked the Originals<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

For once Kevin D. finally showed that he has some intelligence.
lol.gif

I'm looking for some quick info on spec numbers for the Onan that fits in a 982. Anybody interested in getting me a model & spec. number off theirs tonight from the garage? Or better yet if anybody's ever dropped a new Onan into a cub, what do I need to look for on the engine for it to fit/work? (Crank size and location, etc...)

I've found an Onan that may end up being mine...

(BTW...I've RTFM and all I come up with is a MTD parts number for the entire engine, with no details...)

Thanks!

Ok ! I will hold onto my shorts, FYI there might be a 123 worth looking at when you get here .

Another gizmo to couple to my trusty 1250. Killer Kohler gets Transistorized! Here is a "points saver" circuit I put together using a Darlington transistor and some assorted resistors and diodes. Normally the points handle around 3 amps of current. With this circuit, the transistor does the switching of the high current and the points are the trigger, with only .9 amps max flowing through them. This makes the contacts last virtually forever. Here is what the parts looked like going together.
12715.jpg

12716.jpg

The completed unit with heat sink installed is shown below. A 1 cm cube is shown for reference.
12717.jpg

A convenient mounting point is found on the cool side of the firewall.
12718.jpg

Wiring is starting to get complicated. The condenser is not used but is left installed (wire removed) just in case!
12719.jpg

Engine runs great and checking timing with timing light indicates rock-steady control. Now to put hours on the device to see if it will hold up.

Charlie-
I honestly don't know....

Will either (or both) fit in a 982?

I just want to make sure this one will fit something before I snap it up...

Thanks Charlie, I wonder if Spec number matters in this situation or not...

Maybe I'm safer getting the numbers off the engine and calling Onan.

Well, at least I know if it's one of those it should fit.

Thanks again!

Doing some reading up on the "Old F-12 Farmalls" check it out. "We use the 16" plow that attaches directly to the tractor, plowing 6 acres in 10 hours". High gear on the F-12 was 3 3/4 mph., and 2nd gear on a wide frame is 3.5 mph. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think we have some people here that do a little better that that!

Another question, will anyone have somthing that can be attachet to the drawbar to pull around, like a disc, drag, etc. at PD? Think a Cub disc would give a good workout. Don't have a 3 pt. for the 782D and would like to see what she has.

Art, I honestly don't know, I dunno where all the red guys are tonight, I'm sure you will be gettin some emails though.

Art,

I'm rebuilding an onan out of a 1914 people tell me it's the same as the 982. Spec is a B48 G yadda yadda yadda. The numbers 020 are there indicating twenty horse. I dont have it at my finger tips I can get it off the spec plate in the am. I believe th crank is 1 1/8" x3" with 1/4 key way but I will check for u. They run about $1,600 new. Tulsa Small Engine has a good reference page. Let me know if u don't buy it I may have an interest.
George H

Art

B48G-GA020/4276F. Small engine wharehoue has a link to onan reference page. Onan no longer makes the 20 I think it is the performer now made by Linomar.

GeorgeH

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to get the numbers off the engine tomorrow and check the site George posted... <font size="-2">Unless it matches the numbers Charlie gave...</font>
happy.gif

Got some seat time picking up leaves with the IH lawn sweeper. This picture was too good to pass up...
12721.jpg

Just got around to down loading a few pics I took during the 169 hydro repair.

12723.jpg

12724.jpg

Correct decals really dress it up.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I had some "help" that day.......

12725.jpg

12726.jpg

Steven had to have a "plow" for his tractor (fixed that with a paper plate and some plastic gas pipe), then he walked over and asked to use daddy's creeper so he could fix his tractor. $7 set of el-cheap-o wrenches from TSC are now HIS wrenches, for use on HIS tractor...kid was like a pig in slop!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back