• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 08, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kmcgiver

Hey boys, Finally back in the saddle again it has been a heck ofa haul and it aint over yet! I have a question where can I get some the pics that used to be posted here of Plow Day II

Charlie,
Sure can see the difference in the length of the lift bracket on the blade mount. Mine appears to be the length of the second pic you posted. That is exactly my problem.
Think I can weld a 3" piece of pipe to the lift bracket. That should bring my rod out far enough to keep it from rubbing side of tractor.
Pat

Nathan C., while I have not built a 4wd articulated Cub Cadet I have enough of the important parts to make one and I have lots of photos of a couple of different versions. I'll put together an email "care package" of photos for you, hopefully I'll have the time to get it out to you today.

Steve B. yep, I was the one that added the adjustable feature to your ramming speed™ lift rod design.

Charlie, anyone, how are those sprays on the siding? Any staining? I've got so many asian lady bugs that the wasps no longer want to hang around the house! I spent some quality time with the shop vac cleaning up in the garage. I hate asian lady bugs!!!

Mcgiver, which photos are you looking for? I can post or email all you want (though B'n'B might not like it if I use up to much server space). I could even snail mail you a CD full if you wish.

Kraig,
We've used it for the last 3 years and no staining at all, We have painted 107 year cedar siding and it even keeps the yard bugs and skeeters away too!

We've got the boxelders and lady bugs bad here in Illinois as well. A friend of mine has been using Tempo SC Ultra and has had great results. I finally broke down and order some so... hopefully when I get home from work today the santa in the brown suit will have left my bottle on my doorstep. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Tempo SC Specs

Tempo SC Ordering

Charlie,
Can you keep me caught up?
What bug spray are you using to kill boxelders on vinyl siding?

Thanks,
Rich

Wyatt...I agree with Dennis about Banowetz Antiques In Maquoketa. Ask Virl (the owner) about the neat old train set that is in their main biulding. Also go east on hiway 64 to Miles. Stop and visit with Jim Johnson (good guy). You will see his building along the highway where he restores and sells old tractors. Then take the blacktop (ask Jim which one) to hiway 52 and take that through Bellevue back up to Dubuque.... One more thing ... have you been warned not to speed from Maquoketa to DBQ on that four lane? Last I remember was a lot of speed traps.

To keep on topic... I still miss my 125.

BTW Guys & Gals,
The door prizes are rollin in, Here's a few that I've gotten and Travis has many more!
The autographed CD's are from an up and coming country star from Iowa courtesy of Marlin Homrighausen.
12669.jpg

12670.jpg

12671.jpg

And I think Travis has a BIG surprise for everyone too!

O.K. guys, time for a serious Cub question...
<font size="-2">(I know, a little out of character for me, but it's part one of a ten step program I'm in..)</font>

I've got a 72 that has cracks in the hood where the bolts go through at the front to hold it to the grill shell. These cracks radiate from the bolt-holes, straight down to the lower edge of the hood.

Has anybody had luck BRAISING these cracks back together? I suspect that welding would yield a repair that would be too brittle and just crack again.

The hood is otherwise very straight and rust-free, so I'd like to save it from the scrap heap if possible....

Art, if it were me, after the cracks are repaired I'd have a washer welded to the back side of the hole. I believe that it's best to drill a small hole at the end of each crack before it's welded. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I got this wrong.

Charlie, thanks!

Charlie, he may have filters for that source address...like auto-delete!
wave.gif

Charlie, ever see that add for the vandal proof mailbox where they drive a bulldozer over it? I'd like to try that with the JD mailbox in your photo and Dan's Cub Cadet 100 Crawler. :eek:)

Charlie,

I just emailed you some stuff about those maps, we can up the quality if you can handle bigger file sizes.

Kraig,
You get Dan to let ya drive and we'll just do that!

Oh my, the STICK MAN is here snoopin, grin

Steve B,
I replied back to ya.

Latest posts

Back