• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 08, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for engine info. In order to get my EZ Rake running (it is mounted on my 125), I need to adjust the governor and set the carburetor linkage on the Briggs 4 HP. Without the manual I am at a bit of loss as to how to achieve either one, in particular the connection between the throttle and the governor. The spring that I have seems to tight. Any online source of information or pictures so I can get this right? Or do I just need to break down and buy the manual?

MARLIN - From past Personal Experience the WHOLE STATE of IA is one big speed trap! Granted the co. I drove for was based in Davenport but most of My miles were in IL..... but the ONLY speeding tickets I ever got were in IA.... ALSO, Does Banowitz's still have that $25,000 bed frame they had about 25 yrs ago? It had a layer of dust a half inch thick on it back then! CHARLIE - Chris Carter did an X-FILES Episode on Art's House many years ago.....The one that ended with the Monster in the bar with Cher singing....and Mulder & Scully dancing..... It's amazing what exh. fumes make a person thinks He's seeing!

Charlie,
Thanks for the pointer. I looked at the parts diagrams but they don't show me where the spring on the governor connects to the throttle. I connected them in the only place that had holes for a connection but it can't be right..the spring is always tight regardless of throttle position. I guess I need to buy a repair manual from Briggs to get my answer.

BTW....
Does 90 LBS on a 15 LBS bracket up front.
With 52 LBS in the plow side and 104 LBS in the land side sound right?

I feel the need to plow something bad.......
>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>

Tedd-
Um....buddy.... <Psst> (whispering)
Based on your tracks, I think ya got yer AGs on backwards there buddy.

Mark H.
Just about the time I thought I wouldn't have to go out and take a pic of mine! grin
12676.jpg

Dennis... It has been about five years since I've been able to get to Banowetz when they are open. Most of the time I pass through the area I have another place and a time schedule. That bed frame more than likely is still there. Or they could have moved it to their upscale store (the old Pamida store). I used to go there and check for toy farm machinery. They never had any Cub Cadets however I did snag a nice early Ertl Farmall H for $70.00.

MARLIN - I bet it's in the "Up Scale" store. It was a really ornate carved wooden head and foot board. Such a shame to see it sitting in a pole barn building! My Folks bought quite a bit of stuff from There 25-30 yrs ago. The Antique bug has subsided a LOT since then. Seems like Dad collected Cub Cadets after the furnature & glassware.

Tedd, Art would have about the most education on direction of travel, I'd take his advise.
I plowed today with a one bottom. It was a real experience. I got it to give me a furrow finally.

What Art is not going?!?!?!?!?!?

Ryan, cool. It will be good to see you and the wife again. You too Kieth.

Here just for you Art.
>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<

Under edit,
FWIW the Lo-boy is heading up Green Bay way.

(Message edited by till on October 08, 2003)

Ted... I wish you could've kept that Lo Boy. I sure hope that it is going to a good home. The gentleman that bought my two Cubs this summer promised to restore both. At least that made parting with them easier.

Dennis... Wyatt will have to take his wife to Mount Rest in Bellevue. They are a bed and breakfast that let's a person purchase any of the furniture in the house. I can't remember rates just that the Cub Fund would be nonexistent after a couple of nights. It's a beautiful place though.

Here are directions for PD II PA. I will keep them on the currrent page till Friday. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

Here are directions from Denny to get you to Blose Rd. in sykesville, Pa which is on Rte. 119 south of Du Boise and north of Punxatawny, PA. Coming south on Rte. 119 there is a large brown barn right after Blose Rd. that you turn right and go to the top of the hill past "Pork isthe other white meat" farm.
Comng north Blose RD. will be right after the large brown barn(hard to see road because of the barn) and go to the top of the hill.
If you are coming south on Rte. 119 and see the Doll House(old gas station) on the left you are about a 1/4 mile to far. Coming north when you see the Doll House on the right slow down and look for barn.

Denny Engle (tompepper)
Username: tompepper

Post Number: 217
Posted on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 7:56 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just a quick refresher.from east or west I-80..exit 101.turn rt of exit,7 lights turn lefton rt 219s to y then 119s to sykesville.go through town (blose hill rd on rt).from pittsburg and all points south.rt 119 n to sykesville.blose hill rd will be on your left.from MD ,VA ,s. east pa.I99 from bedford to altoona,rt 36 nt to punxsutawney then rt 119 to sykesville.Doc says there will be a big sign out....need more detail...email me....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to be fast,,,,but now i'm just half fast

Here is link to the PD II PA site with a lot of information.

http://ihregistry.org/discus/messages/30208/30208.html?1065614170

Marlin-
Don't know about the speed traps on 52, traffic seems to move at about 70, no big deal. I've been in Maquoketa at The Maquoketa Company, a division of Morrison Brothers. I've been getting some hands on training making and assembling various products including running some nice machines, including a nice NC center with dual spindles from Eurotech.

As for Balltown, we've been to Britebachs already, Labor Day weekend. Good place.

Leaf report (for anyone that's intrested), this weekend's probably the only good weekend. We had a HARD freeze a week ago which is turning the leaves reds & oranges this week. There's a marked difference from even morning to evening in color changes. I have a feeling if someone planned on doing some leaf-looking next weekend on the way to Rockford you might be dissapointed.

I have pictures, but they're on floppy and the new laptop doesn't have a floppy drive, have to wait till Saturday when I can get ahold of a USB floppy drive.

If anyone's looking for a nice drive back to IL, or IN area from Travis's place, head from Travis's on US18 to state 52 and head south and cross the Mississippi through Dubuque. Getting on the Great River road above Guttenberg won't work since it's all tore up, south of Guttenberg is a beautiful drive (and I drive it every day!)

Back