• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 06, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me take this opportunity to blow some fresh air on an old smoldering fire! I tried to retrieve my old (25 yrs) Sundowner three horse slant walk through steel horse trailer froma neighbor's yard where it was sittin next to a thoroughfare with a for sale sign. My 129 groaned VERY loud and strained to move it with full power. I tried my 149 and got the same results. Finally I pulled out my old rusty worn out 100 with the equally worn out K301 installed. My old 120 with the ground down connecting rod just snatched that trailer and pulled it home easily at way less than half throttle. I love my Hydros for almost all uses, but when it comes to pulling, NOTHING beats a stick!

hey guys, Im thinking about turning a 129 and a dead 149 into one of those articulated garden tractors does anyone of you have any words of wisdom or pictures of one you have seen or maybe even done yourself
I now I will have to make a diferent steering box for the cylinders that will steer it
(if any one has given there cub power steering doesn't have to be articulated, i believe it might have a steering setup somewhat alike)
I also plan on make it a real 4wheel drive by connecting the shafts that come out of the rear of the hydro

I am also afraid I might have to shorten the front end because it sticks out so far.
confused.gif
eek.gif

I have one of those little helpers

(Message edited by mhughes on October 07, 2003)

Mark,
What the heck is you little helper working on!?!?!?

Thank you to all who have responded to my wanted add.

It's a Burned out 1811. Anybody wants the frame for free email me before my wife makes me throw it in the trash.Frame is the only thing left.

Charlie-That almost makes me feel like I got a good deal...
wink.gif

Great IH day. I've been training in Maquoketa, IA, which means I've a two 1hr 45min drives every day. Today I happened upon two IH collectors. One place had a Super H cotton picker and the other had a NICE W-6, 660, and a UD-9 power unit, along with a cherry MD in the shed, IH crawlers, a pair of rust-free Scouts and the guy even had some Cubbies!

Got my black & white pan seat cover and last night I completely tore down the Wheatland's transmission, a new 2nd and 3rd gears and a little grinding inside the case, we're full speed ahead!

Charlie,
What's up with that dude?
confused.gif

Is it gold plated or what? Look at his other stuff. Who is it? This is in my neck of the woods!

If you look up the item. 2351984715
You will read that the price was dropped to $2,800.00. I'm guessing that it is a typo...

Evening all.... first of all to keep this on topic. I will be at PD6 only wihtout a tractor. My son's 100 needs some work and both the Original and 104 are awaiting parts and the funds are a little low due to another project.

Wyatt C. Maquoketa? My old stomping grounds. The IH place in Monmouth where you saw the Super H with cotton picker is a friend of mine... Mike and Kandy Franzen. Did you see his salvage yard just west of town? Hard to believe that he started out with two M Farmalls. Made one good one an parted out the other and then kept reinvesting. Where are you training in Maquoketa? Also ask how to get there and then go to Bluff Lake. It is where they filmed the picnic scene in the movie "Take This Job and Shove It". One more thing... Balltown restaurant near where you live....good food or so I've heard.

Anyone staying at the Best Weatern in Clear lake / Mason City?? Me and the family will be there Friday and Saturday nights.

T minus 251 hours and counting......

(Message edited by till on October 07, 2003)

Okay guys, I'm all confused. Putting the snow blade from my 149 onto my new 782. Know I need a new lift rod, the 149 lift rod is not long enough. I can make my own from 1/2 inch rod, but thing is, what do I do to keep the lift rod from rubbing on bottom of engine side covers? A picture is worth a million words, but I don't have one.
Pat

Tedd- Keith E. as well as Amanda and I are going to be staying there.

Patrick- I made a "Blunier Ramming Rod" I put a slight bend in the one for the 782D to clear the side panels. . .I bowed it out and down a little.

If anybody is a closet Wheel Horse person, shoot me an email, I have a D180/18 Automatic that I have some questions about.

This may have been posted before, if it has been sorry for the repeat.
Hydro Transmission Filter Options,

Cub Cadet OEM PART NUMBER: 923-3014
Fleetguard PART NUMBER: HF6096
Wix PART NUMBER: 51084
Purolator PART NUMBER: L14670
Baldwin PART NUMBER: B163
John Deere PART NUMBER: AM39653

Patrick C.
Here's Steve B's Lift rod design.
12659.jpg

This one looks straight, guess it has a longer lift bracket on the blade mount.
12660.jpg

Back