• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay...still need help, because neither speeds sound correct.

(RPM x CIR in FT)/(Gear Ratio x Final Drive x 88) = MPH

(3000 x 2.183{26.2"})/ (1.0 x 4.7 x 88) = 15.834 MPH in 3rd gear.

OR

2.25MPH if I divide RPM by 7 to account for the 7:1 reduction on the front of the tranny.

Am I doing this right? What are the stock ground speeds for a gear drive?

Did I mention that math is not my strong suit?
happy.gif

Charlie, that filter reminds me of a guy's chain saw that he bought off Ebay. He gave it a once over, and he started it and shortly after that it dies. He looks into it a tad bit more and the rotted paper in the air filter fell apart and the pieces got into the Carburator and filled all the small venturis and passages with the paper element. Not fun for him.

Gimpy,

According to Midwest Super Cub....

at 6600rpm, with a tire radius of 13.45 the gear sets are as follows:

1st = 5.5 mph
2nd (19T) = 9.4 mph
3rd = 16.4 mph

At 3600 rpm multiply each number by .545

3, 5.13, & 8.9 respectively

At 3000 rpm multiply by .4545

2.5, 4.273, & 7.45 respectively.

Okay, the math whiz wife came in and she got the answer the first shot...3000rpm, 26x12-12 tires, 3rd gear, 7.1 MPH.

I hate math.
censored.gif

Or...

a simpler way to keep track of it...

Engine rpm x reduction ratio x transmission gear ratio x final drive ratio = rear axle rpm.

Rear axle rev/min x 60min/hour x ((Tire Diameter in ft / 5280ft per mile) x 3.14)) = speed in MPH

(3600)*(1/7)*(1/1)*(1/4.6) = 111.8 rpm @ rear axle

[(111.8)*(60)*(26.9/12*5280)*(3.14)] = 8.94 mph

Steve-
Simpler.....right...
confused.gif

Ryan-
I see you and I use the same type of wife-powered calculator...
;-)

Difference between my MPH number and Super Cub is they use a 26.9" diameter tire, mine is a 26.2 diameter tire.

Steve- That is the formula that she came up with...but she didn't know how many feet per mile...luckily a good telephone man does!

Then she started talking about 2piR, and piD...R2D2...C3PO...DEFCON-4...then I asked her if she could bring me some cake.
happy.gif

(Message edited by rmull on October 06, 2004)

Art,

Only "simpler" because if you keep track of the units throughout the whole calculation you don't forget to convert something and blow the answer.

Ryan,

Ask her to do it in Rods/sec.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Man I like your thinking!!!!! Pieces of chocolate cake/glasses of milk....my kinda units!!!!!

BTW

.63 rods/sec
happy.gif

(Message edited by sblunier on October 06, 2004)

1.21 according to the Doc!!!!

But won't that burn out the flux-capacitor???
uhoh.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on October 06, 2004)

Question was brought up tonight on a Jacobsen forum I belong to (yeah, I'm bi-tractorial, but at least it ain't GREEN!) about hydro filters. One of the moderators over there is doing some cross referencing of hydro filter part numbers and the question was brought up - are hydro filters supposed to have bypass valves, check valves, both, or neither? The replacement part numbers he was finding when crossing with his original filter number all had bypass valves, but one of the other members said that he'd always heard you didn't use bypass filters on hydraulic systems, but you did want a filter with a check valve. I think the hydros on Jacobsens are mostly Eaton units, but I'd think the principles would be the same as our CC Sauer-Danfoss units, and I know there are some knowledgeable hydro folks on this board, so please excuse the OT question.

Bryan- Can't you just regurgitate it for us? ...cheep-cheep cheep-cheep... I hit page down 32 times, and it wasn't highlighted...
sad.gif

Back