• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenny..

i know from personal experience that cross reference #'s don't mean squat, and that the fram "cross" doesn't work on an IH hydro when it is cold. the correct filter is a suction filter, not a pressure side unit, and hence, has no bypass or check valves. A genuine IH filter from our sponsors and fresh hy-tran, is the ticket...

we design replacement parts for our competitor's units where i work, and there is a lot on engineering put into the OEM styles from dimensional, to function, to the size of the X-hatch machined on the mating surfaces. the best bet is to use OEM, no matter what color.

JMHO...

off soap box, done beating comatose horse...

sorry bryan

Steve, you forgot scoops of ice cream. :eek:)

Art, did you get that photo from here?
22032.jpg

Art, at least you wear safety glasses. Under edit: Ooops, I forgot this ----> :eek:)
22038.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 07, 2004)

Ryan -

So, when she said <font size="+1"><font face="symbol">p</font></font>r<sup>2</sup>, did you say "no, pie are round?"
lol.gif

Charlie, at least there was something in that air filter enclosure.

Todd H., my records show that a 682 uses a #703-0397 lift bar. The parts drawing shows a single bend, but it could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?
22040.jpg

Kenny,

For Sunstrand SU-15 hydro, use the Cub Cadet filter/strainer, the JD filter strainer, or a Fleet Guard HF6096.

DO NOT use a car oil filter or anything else that "will fit".

BTW, I DON'T use Fram for ANYTHING........pee-poor oil filters!!!!

I am sure the x82 series lift bar had a single bend,as shown.

Question for anybody who has built a drive shaft for a Cub, what kind of steel do you recommend? I need to build one for a future project and would like some suggestions.

4140 Hardened Steel is what Midwest Super Cub uses, but it could be overkill for what you are planning.

RICHARD - MidWest SuperCub uses 4140 pre-hardened steel, typically about 30-32 Rockwell "C"scale. It's just about as hard as can be considered machinable without exotic tooling. I was going to make a driveshaft out of STRESSPROOF material, which is a registered trademark of LaSalle Steel. It's not quite as hard but has about 88-90% of the strength of the 4140 HT. For reference I imagine IH used 1018 CF, and the StressProof is about 35% stonger/tougher than 1018; and the 4140 HT about 50-55% stronger than the 1018.
As usual... YMMV, etc. etc. etc.

Ryan, One header off a roof and you get cake?
I'm so jealous.

Bryan,
Nesting<font face="symbol"> (p)</font>
I'm so happy!

Just for general information...
Years ago (60s), we used to build everything
bulletproof on our race cars but,
leave something that was easy to reach,
and replace as the "weak link".

Latest posts