• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

Foxtrot is my custom project tractor, Stinky is my 682 and the number is the hours till Plow Day

happy.gif

Not a whole lot other than a rolling chassis at this point with the front sheet metal in place. I thought that some would like to get a better idea of what it is by seeing it first hand. That and I will be solo for Plow day, so why do I need two running tractors with me???

Jim,

Than I must have been thinking 1710 (the crappy little bad hydro'ed machines)......anyway, not an SGT
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

And people wonder how I can get the 86 confused with the 76 lawn tractors...
lol.gif

Tedd:
You're being too humble.

Art:
Wait till you see it. . . .

Went to pick up my new toy today,
21983.jpg

Never did know why guys put spring assist on hydraulic lifts,
21984.jpg

Guy said he had a hard time keeping a battery in it, LOL
21985.jpg

Then he goes on to say that it was a little strange at startup when it came to moving it!!!!
21986.jpg

Some guys just don't need to own ANYTHING!

(Message edited by cproctor on October 05, 2004)

Charlie,is that the sound-deadening insulation on that hydro? LOL!! Steve> it really is hard to keep track of those later models,and yes,the 86 used to fool me too. Man,I am soooo bummed;found out we can't make it to your place for Plow Day. I had such a great time there last time around. I will be grumpy all day not being there while you guys have all the fun.
Oh,and I really hate to be a stickler,but you are thinking of the 1720,1730 lawn tractors,the 1710 was a GT that replaced the 682(manual lift) but hey,that isn't important anyways.

Charlie:

I have a spring assist on my 1650, although the hydro lift doesn't need it, it does help to "float" the mowing deck. With the spring assist adjusted right it takes very little effort on the front roller to lift the deck to avoid scalping.

Hey Guys

NorthEast Get together

October 23, 2004 in Salem, NH going to have cubs to show off and projects to work on.

Noon till whenever

Their will be food and drink.

If your interested let me know I can get more specifc.

Already going to have about 20-30 cubs their.

Tim

Jim,

There we go....If I stab around at numbers long enough I'll finally remember (or be reminded) just what the hell I really wanted to say!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Did some field testing on the potato digger-subsoiler pulls really good have to make a weight bar for Plowday to use it for pulling to see who can pull the greatest distance
21994.jpg
21995.jpg
21996.jpg

Back